• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

daedalius

So how do I get the update to Spartan assault?

I'm pretty sure the new operation and the controller support is out, but every time I launch the game they don't appear there.

I have it on my w8 tablet.

So how do I get the update to Spartan assault?

I'm pretty sure the new operation and the controller support is out, but every time I launch the game they don't appear there.

I have it on my w8 tablet.

I am assuming it is the same across all W8 platforms but on PC you go to the Windows 8 Start Screen, then go to "Store" where you will be notified in the upper right hand corner that there are updates available. Click on "Updates" and you will then proceed to the download page where it will go through the process of "Pending, then Downloading, and finally Installing."

daedalius

Yea I figured it out after poking around for a few minutes.

Installing it on my desktop right now since it has controller support, not to mention my screen is much larger heh.

Nowise10

Does anyone think that the Sniper on Pitfall is unbalanced?

The spawn time on it either needs to be longer, or they need to remove a clip off the the sniper. I feel like I die an incredible amount of times from a sniper when playing on this map, and since sniper is like 2.5x easier in Halo 4, then in Halo 3, it just doesn't work and I believe should be changed.

Free Midship.
Lol^

Also, I had a suspicion that Axis might be involved with Halo XB1. Today they confirmed they did the trailer for it. Perhaps they're still working with 343 doing more quality animations like SpOps?
1233405_502667249819423_1070564641_n.png

bidguy

Banned
supossedly there is an xbox one announcement at the halo tournament

halo xbox one footage is unlikely but what about halo 2 hd ?

Vico

are you sure ? thought its halo related.
but why would it say world premiere then ?

The word "world premiere" is used to talk about something never-before-seen, but it doesn't have to be a new game, it could just be a new trailer from a known game.
That's what happens each year at the VGAs. They have a dozen world premieres, and people always misunderstand it as new games.

And I suppose nowise says it's a Ryse trailer because the Championship's trailer features Ryse footage right when it says "world premiere xbox one content".

Lol^

Also, I had a suspicion that Axis might be involved with Halo XB1. Today they confirmed they did the trailer for it. Perhaps they're still working with 343 doing more quality animations like SpOps?
1233405_502667249819423_1070564641_n.png

Holy shit, I went on facebook to look at that trailer, and at the end, where it just said "Halo" at the end, this version actually had Halo 5.

halo_5_2.png

GSO, HaloFollower, with "that cloud looks like a 5" bullshit

Let's not jump to conclusions.
343i might have asked them another version because they had actually changed their mind, so it might not really be halo 5.

Well 343 has to come up for the art asset for the "5", so it's pretty official

Vico

Holy shit, I went on facebook to look at that trailer, and at the end, where it just said "Halo" at the end, this version actually had Halo 5.

Let's not jump to conclusions.
343i might have asked them another version because they had actually changed their mind, so it might not really be halo 5.

Vico

Well 343 has to come up for the art asset for the "5", so it's pretty official

Of course, but we have no idea what's happening behind the scenes.
When 343 started working with Axis on this, they - maybe - didn't know if this game would actually be Halo 5 or a sort-of side story that would lead to a bigger game called Halo 5.

So they might have asked them to make 2 versions, just in case.
And the fact that they say the Reclaimer Trilogy isn't a trilogy anymore makes me think that this game might actually not be Halo 5.

What if this game was only about bringing Cortana back, and then in 2016 the big Janus key-Halsey-Jul M'dama-Didact-arc is back in Halo 5.

Off course, but we have no idea what's happening behind the scenes.
When 343 started working with Axis on this, they - maybe - didn't know if this game would actually be Halo 5 or a sort-of side story that would lead to a bigger game called Halo 5.

So they might have asked them to make 2 versions, just in case.
And the fact that they say the Reclaimer Trilogy isn't a trilogy anymore makes me think that this game might actually not be Halo 5.

What if this game was only about bringing Cortana back, and then in 2016 the big Janus key-Halsey-Jul M'dama-Didact-arc is back in Halo 5.

I mean, it's possible, but i feel like that's too complicated and would confuse people.

Also, I'm pretty sure people's phones are going to explode with the amount of gifs on this page.

Nowise10

In the trailer we saw at E3 that was only "Halo" You can see the shadow of the Halo symbol in the sand, but in the Halo 5 trailer on Vimeo, the shadows are blurred and cant really be seen.

Yeah, I get that. What I mean is is it also the content revealed at pax or is that something else or do we not know.

sidenote. Why the fuck all the secrecy. If it was Halo 5 just out right say it.

Ughh you obviously don't develop games. Do you know how many millions of dollars it took to make that 5 at the end of the word Halo?

Do you even know how much Halo font costs!?

Ughh you obviously don't develop games. Do you know how many millions of dollars it took to make that 5 at the end of the word Halo?

Do you even know how much Halo font costs!?

We don't have these issues at stalker games inc. We do what the community wants and are up front about development from day 1. Full transparency baby.

Hola CE expected 2015.

Sorry that you guys didn't like the naming for our Xbox One Halo title, it was our first time making a Halo reveal trailer for the Xbox One, and while we admit it had some faults, for our first time, it wasn't half bad.

FLASH FORWARD 2014!

We're sorry that Halo 5 wasn't the greatest game, we admit the game had it's faults, but it was our first time working with new hardware, and for our first time, it was pretty damn good and I'm proud of the team. Thank you for sticking with us, Halo 6 will be a lot better.

No but legitimately, I'm excited for Halo 5 and I'm really hoping Halo 5 is a proper Halo title and 343 really did listen to the feedback, excited to see what the "world premiere" is.

Top Bottom