• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I was thinking they were just going to split the Prize Money between the two. :p

$200,000+$70,000 split between the two would have been $135,000. I wouldn't have minded that if I was either of them. :p

The ending was beautiful. Seriously the sportsmanship was outstanding. As soon as the game over the first thing they do is go in for a hug. Beautiful.

The Halo fanbase is incredible. CHEERPOCALYPSE!

I agree it was awesome, but it doesn't mean Halo's back

What are you talking about? The maps used were great, the settings used were great, the players and community was great, the feed was great, the hype was great.

I'm now positive that HaloGAF doesn't know what good to great Halo is. Oh but let's let Flinch ruin what was a top shelf global tournament and finals/stream event.

Seriously fucking fantastic and some of the best Halo I've seen in a looong time.

To be honest this was better than any MLG I'm recent memory that Virgin partnership has been great. I would be behind more content like this streaming to my Xbox. Even for a weak title like Halo 4 the hype was strong. If this was H2 or H3 at peak population the viewer figures would be astronomical.

With a partnership than can poney up $300,000 prize money if 343i could deliver an exceptional Halo title then I can see it pulling huge numbers daily. Maybe even the highest it's ever had. Gaming is bigger than ever, give it Super Bowl hype levels and instill In kids heads that they are in with a chance to win $200K and you have a recipe for success

GrizzNKev

Banned
What are you talking about? The maps used were great, the settings used were great, the players and community was great, the feed was great, the hype was great.

I'm now positive that HaloGAF doesn't know what good to great Halo is. Oh but let's let Flinch ruin what was a top shelf global tournament and finals/stream event.

Seriously fucking fantastic and some of the best Halo I've seen in a looong time.

I don't know why anyone would believe this when you more or less work for them. The game itself still sucks.

Legit would've missed that shot with a single shot weapon lol; caught Pistola with the BR sweep. It breaks my heart that this is still the weapon of competitive Halo.

When Legit tied the game, Pistola jumped over the wall to drop down and challenge even though he had a one kill lead.

I don't know why anyone would believe this when you more or less work for them. The game itself still sucks.

Wrong. I'm a volunteer moderator, that's it. I'm a day one CE fan and I've had my criticisms of Halo 4, Reach, 3, 2 and even CE. I don't let it taint my overall satisfaction with the franchise.

Oh man all this GC combined with X1 Halo, 60fps + regional dedicated servers and I'm seriously excited for the next title(s) and media.

If you are sucking lemons right now then I don't know what to say, there was nothing bad about the finals at all. Pure Halo from the best around the world and delivered in format with all the bells and whistles from the franchise. What more could you ask for?

I'm not saying the settings were bad. I'm saying that just because we had a night that felt like the good old days, doesn't mean tomorrow will feel the same. Ordnance is still shitty. Perks still suck. Jetpack still exists on the Pit. Oh and to top it all off the game will probably fall off the top 10 before it's 1 year anniversary.

Halo isn't fucking back, and it won't be until 343 releases a good/innovative Halo game that people want to play.

blamite

That was a great tournament but let's not kid ourselves Halo still has some major problems. Skyline is a pretty mediocre-bad map by small Halo map standards, for example. A lot of good those two BTB map packs are doing right now, hmm?

The championships shows that there's a great framework for Halo to succeed in but they need to try to fill it from the start. If multiplayer had had better direction from early on in development we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we're stuck with today and it's maybe we wouldn't have such trouble getting 30k people to play the game at once.

Halo 5 has a great opportunity to regain some of the success of 2, 3, and even Reach, but it's up to 343 to not waste it at this point. If they can return to the roots of why Halo was fun, and get the game out early enough in the generation to gain the strong foothold Halo had before CoD became the juggernaut it is now, they'll be able to build up a strong playerbase again and we won't have to post charts bar graphs showing just how dire things are.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Wrong. I'm a volunteer moderator, that's it. I'm a day one CE fan and I've had my criticisms of Halo 4, Reach, 3, 2 and even CE. I don't let it taint my overall satisfaction with the franchise.

Oh man all this GC combined with X1 Halo, 60fps + regional dedicated servers and I'm seriously excited for the next title(s) and media.

If you are sucking lemons right now then I don't know what to say, there was nothing bad about the finals at all. Pure Halo from the best around the world and delivered in format with all the bells and whistles from the franchise. What more could you ask for?

Nah, the tourney itself was good. And I know you're a volunteer. But you don't have to market the game to us. It took a year of patches, tweaks, DLC, whining, a million mistakes, and plenty of pain to get to this point. A couple good matches doesn't make me want to resub to xbl or buy an xbone.

Top Bottom