• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Defect

I'd also like to publicly announce that I will never play Halo 4 again as I snapped my disc in half due to frustration in the game, and knowing I would never have to deal with it again. Yes I took it that far.

I also ended up cutting my hand in the process. It now hurts to lather shampoo on my head

Lol why didn't you just put it away? I spent $100 on the game and even though it's garbage, I'd never break it.

Nowise10

See him buy a new copy. Paying 343 and MS even more money.

GG showing them!

Way ahead of you man.

gakU15s.jpg

Gui_PT

So that was 343's plan. To make a horribly frustrating game that would cause players to break the disc and then buy another copy because they are spineless masochists.

Double the sales... Quite smart.

DeadNames

Banned
I'd also like to publicly announce that I will never play Halo 4 again as I snapped my disc in half due to frustration in the game, and knowing I would never have to deal with it again. Yes I took it that far.

I also ended up cutting my hand in the process. It now hurts to lather shampoo on my head

Me too man, me too.

Your life will be happier, I guarantee.

daedalius

Why don't I have you ignored yet?

Oh well, I'll go ahead and fix that!

Finally finished Halo 4, but I have to ask, why did they hire a composer if they had no real intention to really use his music? IMO Davidge wrote a fucking incredible soundtrack, but hardly any of it was used in the game and what was there was usually drowned out heavily by sound effects. What a travesty. The only notable moments were toward the end, but the rest of the great music I heard on the OST was barely heard in the game.

The game itself was actually okay, but was way too short. Pretty mixed about it overall. The streak of not really caring for Halo after Halo 2 continues. The visuals and art were stunning and, to me at least the typically great Halo gameplay was intact, but the length, soundtrack butchery, and repetitive encounters really brought it down.

You were one of those kids that were extremely violent and their parents were just like, Fuck It, and bought their kid and XBox with Halo thinking it was a super Nintendo with Metroid, right?

daedalius

Finally finished Halo 4, but I have to ask, why did they hire a composer if they had no real intention to really use his music? IMO Davidge wrote a fucking incredible soundtrack, but hardly any of it was used in the game and what was there was usually drowned out heavily by sound effects. What a travesty. The only notable moments were toward the end, but the rest of the great music I heard on the OST was barely heard in the game.

The game itself was actually okay, but was way too short. Pretty mixed about it overall. The streak of not really caring for Halo after Halo 2 continues.

The mix on the music seemed awfully low way too often.

Too bad you can't change it in an options panel or something lolololol

Too bad you can't change it in an options panel or something lolololol

Yeah, I checked and was upset to find that there was no audio mixer. I listened to Davidge's OST when the game came out and kept revisiting several tracks from it and really fell in love with it to the point where the music alone made me want to check the game out.

The biggest WTF moment, musically, was how they used like, one measure of that really beautiful track Solace in a cutscene and then just cut it short.

Nebula

Halo really needs a Call of Duty level sound control. If you're going to implement anything from Call of Duty, make it this.

You should have just thrown your xbox out the window for good measure.

The game itself was actually okay, but was way too short. Pretty mixed about it overall. The streak of not really caring for Halo after Halo 2 continues. The visuals and art were stunning and, to me at least the typically great Halo gameplay was intact, but the length, soundtrack butchery, and repetitive encounters really brought it down.

Yup. Not only was the music awkwardly mixed into the other audio levels that you could barely hear it, but it also didn't feel like it was custom fit to the game. Only bits and pieces were used, and often times the music began and ended abruptly, even during cutscenes. Perhaps this is the side effect of not having the composer also do the audio mixing for the game. Either way, I hope they don't fuck it up next time.

Yup. Not only was the music awkwardly mixed into the other audio levels that you could barely hear it, but it also didn't feel like it was custom fit to the game. Only bits and pieces were used, and often times the music began and ended abruptly, even during cutscenes. Perhaps this is the side effect of not having the composer also do the audio mixing for the game. Either way, I hope they don't fuck it up next time.

I rarely heard the promotional tracks in game, despite the gameplay was meant to be offensive and go fast for the objetives I had to stand still to apreciate the music.

Btw, I hope someone knows the name of this remix track , I dont really think they will release it sooner.

Madness

Just don't understand why people destroy their own things as a form of anger/protest.

The only one you end up hurting is yourself(literally). Plus you're out the cost of the game as well. In the end, you were just a statistic in 'the fastest selling Halo game of all-time'.

Nebula

Just don't understand why people destroy their own things as a form of anger/protest.

The only one you end up hurting is yourself(literally). Plus you're out the cost of the game as well. In the end, you were just a statistic in 'the fastest selling Halo game of all-time'.

It would have stopped him playing it and showing 343 that he still has an active interest in the game... But he bought a new one I think.

m23

Yep, the way the music was handled was very disappointing for me. The Didact reveal should have been way more epic, especially with the music.

So that was 343's plan. To make a horribly frustrating game that would cause players to break the disc and then buy another copy because they are spineless masochists.

Double the sales... Quite smart.

No, the plan is what I said before the game launched and got some crap from this community:

Make a subpar Halo experience even more subpar (Reach by removing Squad Slayer, not updating playlists, etc.) and knowingly release a subpar Halo experience with the hopes that when the time is right, the next one will BLOW US AWAY (see: Why Halo 4 sold well) because all we've been receiving is.. subpar Halo experiences.

People will be going into Halo 5 with the mindset of "Ohh SURELY they won't make Camo an AA again, right? I mean, OBVIOUSLY they've learned from their mistakes right? Right? This next Halo game will be OSSIM!"

It's also the reason many of you have been saying why Halo 3 has yet to be released: Because they don't want a game released in 2007 to surpass a game released in 2012, making you crave Halo that much more. It all makes sense..
even though it doesn't.

heckfu

Banned
One night Biggy and I were playing Reach together and we noticed we got matched on the same team as Trounce.

He immediately went, 'oh nooooo no no, not you fuckers. Jesus you're about to post this on gaf arent you?'

Nebula

One night Biggy and I were playing Reach together and we noticed we got matched on the same team as Trounce.

He immediately went, 'oh nooooo no no, not you fuckers. Jesus you're about to post this on gaf arent you?'

We need pretty pics. Simple folk and all.

For Halo 5:
• Bolt Action Sniper equipped with Emp rounds as alternate firing mode. Nerf Plasma Charge on PP without aim assist/magnetism.

Computer

The NFL has the super bowl, NASCAR has the Daytona 500, Indy cars have the Indy 500. After seeing the Halo world championships. Halo needs a yearly event that would be the Super Bowl of gaming. For teams and free for all.

Akai__

Funny how things change.

Nowise what changed your opinion on Halo 4, after defending it for so "long"? I'm just interested, because you seemed to have fun with the game (and the mods).

---

Also, where can I read about the Halo 5 story twist? Wasn't there a page about it somewhere? I can't find it.

nillapuddin

Also have a version of the same game/map on Impact called Chimerical.

It's based on a Jetpack Grifball map which was heading to MM but was stalled in test because it depended on Player Trait Zones to function correctly. It would have been the first and only map in Halo MM which uses zero solid objects. Jetpack Ricochet variants play better on it than Grifball variants due to the dual goal types and the fact that you can't change the scoring radius of a Grifball goal in Halo 4.

You should try decorating your maps with Dominion pieces. Activate them using the RICO_DECORATION label and assign to a team.

ibggPAfDq4I8KP.jpeg

that map looks pretty cool dude

and yeah I have a few DOM pieces, if you check the basketball arena, at the beginning of the match the back wall illuminates with base stripes (i think its pretty cool)

Obscured

Also have a version of the same game/map on Impact called Chimerical.

It's based on a Jetpack Grifball map which was heading to MM but was stalled in test because it depended on Player Trait Zones to function correctly. It would have been the first and only map in Halo MM which uses zero solid objects. Jetpack Ricochet variants play better on it than Grifball variants due to the dual goal types and the fact that you can't change the scoring radius of a Grifball goal in Halo 4.

You should try decorating your maps with Dominion pieces. Activate them using the RICO_DECORATION label and assign to a team.

ibggPAfDq4I8KP.jpeg

That looks really cool. Makes me wish 343 had included a tron-like or vr type of forge map and pallet. Amazing to see how far you push what is there.

daedalius

Funny how things change.

Nowise what changed your opinion on Halo 4, after defending it for so "long"?
I'm just interested, because you seemed to have fun with the game (and the mods).

Probably a severe case of shitonitis.

Its a common cause of raging quits.

Wahrer still plays 4? I rarely see him on Xbox Live at all. If I end up getting Halo 4 again I should play it with ya'll, the only times I had fun in that game was when I played with other people. Mostly ExWife.

lol you can have fun with any game literally if you play with someone. wahrer is probably playing Halo 3 on the low.

I know I'm late as lunchables on this, but I haven't played a video game since like April or May. My gaems am cry. Probably gonna hop on tomorrow though.

For Halo 5:
• Bolt Action Sniper equipped with Emp rounds as alternate firing mode. Nerf Plasma Charge on PP without aim assist/magnetism.

I very definitely suggested the Cracklejack, an EMP sniper, as a sort of fun "bonus superweapon" in Campaign. Key difference is that it'd be like a canonized, slightly weaker Scarab Gun in utility. Livechamber has since adopted it since Halo hates EMP snipers.

You must have hated Halo 3.

ab39e9a0ce72643039c96359b3a3a1a3.jpg

BOOSH

daedalius

You must have hated Halo 3.

ab39e9a0ce72643039c96359b3a3a1a3.jpg

I don't break my discs when I lose either.

But no, H3 was fine, I didn't really have a group to play with then; so I didn't really play very much.

But hey, way to go looking up my stats from a game like 5+ years ago when I didn't play much, and screenshotting it to put it in here. You deserve a pat on the back for effort.

Top Bottom