• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

wwm0nkey

Got Tbagged in 3 rounds I played of Ricochet and the gametype itself is not that fun to me....guess its time to go back on the shelf after I fix my gamerscore because they added a dumb ass 33gs achievement.

Omni

Got Tbagged in 3 rounds I played of Ricochet and the gametype itself is not that fun to me....guess its time to go back on the shelf after I fix my gamerscore because they added a dumb ass 33gs achievement.
Oh I hate stuff like that. There were a couple in Reach too.

JUST ROUND IT OFF JEEEZ

PNut

Banned
Played TS and LS BR's in the infinity playlist tonight and it felt good. There are still kids voting for infinity though. Most of the people still playing H4 like it for some reason.

Thanks to daedalos42 and Fuchsd(?) for joining and help me test my gametypes, if you have any more suggestions feel free to pm me or just post them here.

I'm pretty much pro level status in rocket race if you didn't know. Check my montages out bro. PM if you have any questions.

FyreWulff

I forgot to post on this earlier:

That actually sounds really cool, I loved Renegade and BF2 back in the day and can only imagine ordering Wraiths and MAC strikes(!) in a 64-player game. But that kind of thing is obviously a different beast from an arena shooter and trying to shoehorn them together is not a great idea, as I think we saw in Reach.

They mentioned at some point that there was a certain gametype in Reach that supported more than 16 players. I don't think it was named, though. Maybe the original version of Invasion? It was cut and the game was returned to the usual 16 max.

What has definitely never been mentioned is the map that Boneyard replaced. It's location got cut from Campaign and Boneyard had to be converted from campaign to make up the slot. That's all we know.

They mentioned at some point that there was a certain gametype in Reach that supported more than 16 players. I don't think it was named, though. Maybe the original version of Invasion? It was cut and the game was returned to the usual 16 max.

What has definitely never been mentioned is the map that Boneyard replaced. It's location got cut from Campaign and Boneyard had to be converted from campaign to make up the slot. That's all we know.

Proto-Cragmire?

Playing new Ricochet playlist. First game is Haven. Works pretty well. Pretty fun.

Second game, we are outvoted and have to play Solace.

lvU844S.jpg

THEY WILL NEVER FUCKING LEARN! FIRST FUEL RODS ON THIS MAP, NOW THIS!?

There's a Binary Rifle on the other side base.........

Madness

Easier said than done. Especially with some of the shitty achievements that Halo 4 has given us.

Fuck, you made me remember that 'you ate all the chips' achievement in Reach. Was stuck with my first ever weird ass number for achievements. Took me forever with a solid team to do that one and get all the Noble achievements. Had to like cap all the flags before the timer ran out. Did it with a great group on Anchor 9.

I'm so over achievements and gamerscore though. Hope you can turn this off or make it less prominent for XbOne.

Playing new Ricochet playlist. First game is Haven. Works pretty well. Pretty fun.

lvU844S.jpg

There's been a Incineration Canon on Solace since launch, hasn't there?

Omni

Fuck, you made me remember that 'you ate all the chips' achievement in Reach. Was stuck with my first ever weird ass number for achievements. Took me forever with a solid team to do that one and get all the Noble achievements. Had to like cap all the flags before the timer ran out. Did it with a great group on Anchor 9.

I'm so over achievements and gamerscore though. Hope you can turn this off or make it less prominent for XbOne.
If anything, achievements are going to be ever more prominent - especially considering devs can add them whenever and the old limits aren't relevant anymore

wwm0nkey

If anything, achievements are going to be ever more prominent - especially considering devs can add them whenever and the old limits aren't relevant anymore

Gotta evolve dat gaming legacy bro!
(still think Achievements are okay, but people attach a bit too much to them sometimes)

Omni

Gotta evolve dat gaming legacy bro!
(still think Achievements are okay, but people attach a bit too much to them sometimes)
Yeah, agreed.

Since when are there bald marines in Halo CEA? I swear I've been through the campaign at least 6 times and tonight was the first time I've seen one. Just struck me as odd, hah

Plus 343i should totally get the voice actor for Captain Keyes back to voice another character. His voice is so awesome (other than Sgt. Stacker :lol)

Fuchsdh

Yeah, agreed.

Since when are there bald marines in Halo CEA? I swear I've been through the campaign at least 6 times and tonight was the first time I've seen one. Just struck me as odd, hah

Plus 343i should totally get the voice actor for Captain Keyes back to voice another character. His voice is so awesome (other than Sgt. Stacker :lol)

It was a really great surprise to have Stacker pop up on "Reclaimer".

lvU844S.jpg

"It's so over powered, It's great!"

Fuchsdh

Don't tell Sage... He'll nerf it.

--

Anyone know if the Xbone will support Dolby IIz front height channel audio? I'm setting up a system with it at the moment, it would be nice if games supported it.
No idea. What is this front height business?

11/22 launch for the Xbox One, slight speed bumps and eight controller support. Interesting.

Omni

It was a really great surprise to have Stacker pop up on "Reclaimer".

Even if he basically just says what he did in Halo 3 :p

So, November 22nd for Xbox One. The plan was to get one on launch, but after working out how much it's going cost me (putting cash aside each week), I think it's too expensive for me to get at release. I'd have to give up taekwondo classes, any random expenditures (including GTAV + Supernatural Season 8 later this month) and even then I'd be $20 short (To get console + two games at release will cost me more than $800AUD).

Oh the perils of being an unemployed university student. Will see what happens early next year, I guess. Really wanted to get that next-gen BF4 experience too. :\

Fuchsdh

Even if he basically just says what he did in Halo 3 :p

So, November 22nd for Xbox One. The plan was to get one on launch, but after working out how much it's going cost me (putting cash aside each week), I think it's too expensive for me to get at release. I'd have to give up taekwondo classes, any random expenditures (including GTAV + Supernatural Season 8 later this month) and even then I'd be $20 short (To get console + two games at release will cost me more than $800AUD).

Oh the perils of being an unemployed university student. Will see what happens early next year, I guess. Really wanted to get that next-gen BF4 experience too. :

You buy DVD box sets? There's your problem right there :)

I'm laughing at gaming side taking every bit of Xbox One news as negative. The cognitive dissonance. "They speed bumped it?
... That means its build quality must have been sacrificed right?"

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't see things like red rings happening again. I'm sure you guys saw that pic of the One's insides; there's a fan about 1/3 the size of the entire thing in there. Overheating shouldn't be an issue.

Can't wait for November. Current gen has overstayed its welcome.

Omni

I'm laughing at gaming side taking every bit of Xbox One news as negative. The cognitive dissonance. "They speed bumped it?

I love boxsets! I have a huge collection of tv shows that I plan to watch when I'm old and retired... haha.

Gaming side has been full of comments like that for a while now. I've learnt to just ignore them. But yeah, I seriously doubt that MS would allow something such as the RRoD to happen again

Fuchsdh

I love boxsets! I have a huge collection of tv shows that I plan to watch when I'm old and retired... haha.

Gaming side has been full of comments like that for a while now. I've learnt to just ignore them. But yeah, I seriously doubt that MS would allow something such as the RRoD to happen again

I still buy my CDs, but I just never watch seasons often enough to justify box sets I guess. That's what my Netflix is for.

Ok, so now that we've got the One release date, take your bets for the Halo 5 release date!

m23

A Friday release for a console is always great. I am not yet sure if I'll be able to grab an Xbox One on launch day, but I will play it that weekend one way or another. Money problems....I wish I was back in high school.

No idea. What is this front height business?

Basically instead of having your regular 5.1 or 7.1 channel speakers, you have two extra speakers above your main left and right, providing '3d' audio. It's a bit of a gimmick at the moment as there is no content that supports it (however Dobly ProLogic IIz can route certain audio to them).

Here's Dolby's explanation

--

Is there any way to play Ricochet offline without XBL Gold?

Gaming side has been full on anti-xbox mode since the DRM news. I tend to ignore those threads save for the information/links in the OPs now.

Fuchsdh

Basically instead of having your regular 5.1 or 7.1 channel speakers, you have two extra speakers above your main left and right, providing '3d' audio. It's a bit of a gimmick at the moment as there is no content that supports it (however Dobly ProLogic IIz can route certain audio to them).

Here's Dolby's explanation

--

Is there any way to play Ricochet offline without XBL Gold?

Can grab it off someone's file share I guess... Ill upload it tonight if you want.

m23

They don't have the best history of being 'reliable'. You're taking a decent risk by buying at launch.

and haha, junior'd. I was just having some fun. Oh well!

Yeah, I guess. My first 360 did die out but I got lucky and it was covered by warranty. Still, I enjoyed many games I otherwise wouldn't have since I tend not to buy older games.

And yeah, I saw the thread lol. I guess people didn't get it.

Fuchsdh

The only thing worth buying at launch is Apple products.
Ok, lifelong Apple fan here, and that statement is stupid. Sure, Apple products are well-made and don't have anything on the realm of RRoD, but come on. G4 Windtunnel. IPhone 4 antennas. They've had their own share of defects and issues.

Tawpgun

Can you have 2 balls in ricochet? Would be interesting if it played like CTF but you need to take the ball out of the enemy base and throw
It into yours

Top Bottom