• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Enfinit

It may not be perfect, but I do like the new armor:

nGSbOap.png

Its nice seeing it back in a Halo game, thats for sure. I kinda hope in future games each games MC armor set will be an option.

This bears repeating, for not just the score.

True.

I rarely heard the promotional tracks in game, despite the gameplay was meant to be offensive and go fast for the objetives I had to stand still to apreciate the music.

Btw, I hope someone knows the name of this remix track , I dont really think they will release it sooner.

Isn't that just To Galaxy (extended) from the second OST?

Obscured

Can you have 2 balls in ricochet? Would be interesting if it played like CTF but you need to take the ball out of the enemy base and throw
It into yours

I thought I saw nillapuddin or nokyard (I just messed up both of their usernames, didn't I?) had a volleyball-inspired ricochet gametype that had two balls going.

nGSbOap.png

Its nice seeing it back in a Halo game, thats for sure. I kinda hope in future games each games MC armor set will be an option.

True.

On his chest[left and right] it's painted the same color as the armor, i find that kind of weird looking. Like if armor should be there instead of it painted. Also i prefer if the black part of the suit is smooth instead of bumpy.

On his chest[left and right] it's painted the same color as the armor, i find that kind of weird looking. Like if armor should be there instead of it painted. Also i prefer if the black part of the suit is smooth instead of bumpy.

Yeah, I agree that having that bit of the undersuit colored is a weird choice. I liked it a lot more when it showed up as silver in the early pre-release screenshots.

Madness

nGSbOap.png

True.

Looks sort of like a bobblehead with that huge helmet on that small neck.

Mark_V_Armor_Infobox.jpg

Fuchsdh

Looks sort of like a bobblehead with that huge helmet on that small neck.

Mark_V_Armor_Infobox.jpg

The Waypoint/previously B.net Spartans all look fabulously bad. Aside from the chestpiece being too small, it's the best version of the Mark V we've ever had in multiplayer.

Got a quick question.

Do anymore official Halo related patches exist beside the spartan emblem from Halo Reach. ONI patch and Spirit of Fire?

TCKaos

nGSbOap.png

True.

My only issue is that the armor wasn't large/thick enough.

Lookit how big that shoulder is. Shit is huge.

SS-05-10063-3.jpg

In Halo 4 it's easily running for if not the smallest shoulder plate. Meanwhile the chest plate was much wider and petruded from the chest much further than the one featured in Halo 4.

The calves of Halo 4's Mark V are left bare, completely unprotected. The Mark V does have some black portions, but they're not actually under-armor.

SS-05-10063-6T.jpg

The helmet, however, is spot on. It's just that the armor is so thin for some reason. It's one of the smallest sets in the game. It's not anywhere near as imposing as it has been in previous games or even as imposing as other armors in Halo 4 are.

Has there been any mention of every set of DLC arms appearing to be the ODST arms in first person? Is that going to be fixed?

SS-05-10063-3.jpg

In Halo 4 it's easily running for if not the smallest shoulder plate. Meanwhile the chest plate was much wider and petruded from the chest much further than the one featured in Halo 4.

The calves of Halo 4's Mark V are left bare, completely unprotected. The Mark V does have some black portions, but they're not actually under-armor.

SS-05-10063-6T.jpg

The helmet, however, is spot on. It's just that the armor is so thin for some reason. It's one of the smallest sets in the game. It's not anywhere near as imposing as it has been in previous games or even as imposing as other armors in Halo 4 are.
Thank you for reminding me I have that statue on preorder. So purdy.

nillapuddin

Can you have 2 balls in ricochet? Would be interesting if it played like CTF but you need to take the ball out of the enemy base and throw
It into yours

You certainly can, up to 3 balls at once.

The volleyball style game I made uses the same premise, constant attack/defend

Fuchsdh

Waitaminute:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/03/xbox-nfl-espn/

While these options all have some serious drawbacks, with the Xbox One, you can do something you can’t do on your 360 or while watching your TV as you monitor your stats: Play a game. The rep played a multiplayer match of Halo 4 while running My Fantasy Reel on the right-hand side (aka running while “snapped”). The right-hand side should update in real time, and you may watch games as well as check fantasy stats as well.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/03/xbox-nfl-espn/#pxluo2yYJ85zDY5U.99

How is this possible, exactly?

BTW Anyone on for Halo (4/3/in general) now?

SS-05-10063-3.jpg

SS-05-10063-6T.jpg

Has there been any mention of every set of DLC arms appearing to be the ODST arms in first person? Is that going to be fixed?

I agree, its not nearly bulky enough.. its weird, because they can make bulky armor and did so with the Ricochet armor.

new destiny video

shows off new locations, worth a watch

Weird editing on that thing, but some really nice looking environments.

Waitaminute:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/03/xbox-nfl-espn/

How is this possible, exactly?

BTW Anyone on for Halo (4/3/in general) now?

I bet they pull some magic to make Halo 4 run on the Xbox One.. it wouldn't really make sense not supporting a Halo game at launch.. they don't want the 360 to overtake the One with Halo fans.

Blueblur1

nGSbOap.png

Ugh, Halo 4 armor is so ugly. I wish the art direction in Halo 4 was so non-Halo and that the Spartan IVs didn't exist. I would love to see a different art director at the helm in the future but that probably won't happen.

daedalius

While I think some of the Spartan 4 armor designs are a bit questionable, just because you don't LIKE the art direction of something doesn't mean its bad.

I was attempting to play this new Ricochet game type however once I had the ball the opposing team could sprint when I could not. JetPackers rained fire on my while I was stationed to the group.

This is flawed, now pass me my Pumpkin Latte.

Regarding armour this screenshot from today's bulletin is some of my personal favourite armour in any Halo. Note: At launch I wasn't a fan of Halo 4 armour at all but nowadays the customisation that the players have created are making some great looking Spartans.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Regarding armour this screenshot from today's bulletin is some of my personal favourite armour in any Halo. Note: At launch I wasn't a fan of Halo 4 armour at all but nowadays the customisation that the players have created are making some great looking Spartans.

Still the worst overall armor selection since that became a thing. Some of them are good though.

Man, this Spartan Assault Soundtrack is pretty good. First phone game that I've made a point to use headphones when playing.

It's much more of a "classic Halo" soundtrack IMO than Halo 4's was.

The game is also one of the best phone games I've played as well (using Lumia 928). As a person who enjoys arcade games and score challenges and leaderboards, this is fairly great.

And that ends my random post in the middle of the night. Go about your business.

I have not played the PC version, so don't take this as a review of that.

Top Bottom