• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Computer

I was attempting to play this new Ricochet game type however once I had the ball the opposing team could sprint when I could not. JetPackers rained fire on my while I was stationed to the group.

This is flawed, now pass me my Pumpkin Latte.

Solace has two incineration cannon, two swords, and a binary rifle. Nuff said.

Its funny how they can type so much under MM changes. When there was none.

They mentioned ricochet being a playlist. They mentioned receiving feedback on ricochet playlist. They mentioned new challenges, and then said thats all for MM updates...

Fotos

Its funny how they can type so much under MM changes. When there was none.

They mentioned ricochet being a playlist. They mentioned receiving feedback on ricochet playlist. They mentioned new challenges, and then said thats all for MM updates...

Who even cares about challenges anymore? Over like 75% of the people who still play the game are SR130.

Increase the max rank PLEASE.

bidguy

Banned
Who even cares about challenges anymore? Over like 75% of the people who still play the game are SR130.

the ranks are shit anyway

just some numbers. no creativity.
id love to see some actual names like bungie did it for the higher ranks

Ugh, Halo 4 armor is so ugly. I wish the art direction in Halo 4 was so non-Halo and that the Spartan IVs didn't exist. I would love to see a different art director at the helm in the future but that probably won't happen.

Wait, are you implying that Halo 4s art direction in many instances was generic and a step backwards? I have no idea what you're talking about.

jOP4OOg.jpg

D01BBmg.jpg

91uNxxi.jpg

Oh.

Ohh.

Ohh. Yeah. =/

(For the record, I think the art itself is good.. but its also incredibly generic and a huge step back from the past, more unique designs. )

Enfinit

the ranks are shit anyway

just some numbers. no creativity.
id love to see some actual names like bungie did it for the higher ranks

After reached 130, I literally have no inclination to play the game. There's no objective. There's no goal.

I mean, sure, you could play the game for fun... I guess.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The Grunts are fine and I believe the flood Spartans are the way they are because they were made specifically for a gametype. They needed to retain the mobility of a player.

Madness

The Grunts are fine and I believe the flood Spartans are the way they are because they were made specifically for a gametype. They needed to retain the mobility of a player.

Nah, they homogenized the hell out of the Covenant. Don't even feel/look like they are different species united together, as opposed to small, medium, large of the same species.

^ Yup. They all sort of look like hellish monsters from the same planet now.

The previous Grunts were Arthropodic in nature, with an exoskeleton and bony stumpy limbs. The new Grunts are little fleshy Goblin monsters that look like Wretches. That said, I'm cool with their new face.. but the changes on the body are a huge step back when it comes to unique and interesting designs.

As for the Flood, yeah, I get that their silhouette needed to be that of a Spartans for gameplay sake. That said, they could have still gone more parasitic and less hell monster with it... They do look cool, but I really hope that if the Flood appear in Halo 5/6 SP they do not look like that at all.

Tawpgun

343 flood is a non issue because its spartan flood. I'll let it go for that reason. If they made marines look like that I'd be irked.

Grunts are legitimately wretches from gears. Wtf.

Jackals look like dino lizards now. I miss their unique bird like design.

Look at the UNSC ships. The POA and the frigates had very unique silhouettes, now the UNSC frigates are just giant flying rectangles.

Marines look a bit more generic too.

They needed to retain the mobility of a player.

As for the Flood, yeah, I get that their silhouette needed to be that of a Spartans for gameplay sake.

Huh? How so? The original Flood designs could've worked perfectly in terms of gameplay..

343 flood is a non issue because its spartan flood. I'll let it go for that reason. If they made marines look like that I'd be irked.

Now this makes sense, although we both know had Marines been Floodified, it would've been as drastic as this.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Huh? How so? The original Flood designs could've worked perfectly in terms of gameplay..

Now this makes sense, although we both know had Marines been Floodified, it would've been as drastic as this.

Weren't the original flood (the upright ones) smaller in size because they were Marines that had been infected? I would think the hitbox would have been different and movement couldn't have worked out the same. By taking a Halo 4 Spartan model and then changing the art/textures on it you get the same balance with a different look. Which is why I think 343 went that way with the Halo 4 flood.

I anticipate seeing highly different models when we face them in single player.

Omni

Marines look a bit more generic too.
Plus they're wearing orange and green track pants, have buck teeth and black eyes. I'd even say that they're lower poly too.

I still think 343i need a new art director. Pretty much everything that has been redesigned looks worse. Plus campaign levels are atrocious colour wise, but I've ranted about that before.

Wait, are you implying that Halo 4s art direction in many instances was generic and a step backwards? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh.

Ohh.

Ohh. Yeah. =/

(For the record, I think the art itself is good.. but its also incredibly generic and a huge step back from the past, more unique designs. )

Deadly Cyclone or Ozzy said:
I think that's unfair to say. If anything I feel like the Covenant were made much more visceral than anything bungie ever attempted and we've never seen Spartan Flood. Besides, the designs are so cool that they could make all the flood look like that for all I care.

Terrible fucking idea. Just give everyone SR-130 so theres no gameplay advantage to grind nerds.

I won't come back to Halo 4 until I'm given SR-130 and all the maps for free. I assume its the same with a ton of people who left.

Rtas

Terrible fucking idea. Just give everyone SR-130 so theres no gameplay advantage to grind nerds.

I won't come back to Halo 4 until I'm given SR-130 and all the maps for free. I assume its the same with a ton of people who left.

Why do you deserve said paid content for free?

Same goes for the level, I mean I'm low level in Halo 4 because I haven't played online in months due to xbox failure, but still I don't care about the level, why do you feel you should get boosted to max level without performing any of the work required to get there on your own?

Omni

Halo 4 had the best looking rocks in any game. Especially in that third mission.
I actually agree. Visually, that's probably my favourite mission in the game.

Plus lava. Kinda. I think. That's always cool.

The problem I have with the Spartan Flood design is that it looks really fleshy. And not in the parasitic kind of way that we're used to... It really doesn't fit in with the Flood's general look that Bungie has built up over the course of a decade. Other redesigns such as Covenant still generally look like they did before - just more savage in a way. New Flood looks like a new species entirely.

Why do you deserve said paid content for free?
Doubt he thinks he "deserves" it, Juices just knows it would be best for the small population that still plays the game. Small playerbase + even smaller DLC adoption = less people playing on DLC maps and playerbase fragmentation.

Same goes for the level, I mean I'm low level in Halo 4 because I haven't played online in months due to xbox failure, but still I don't care about the level, why do you feel you should get boosted to max level without performing any of the work required to get there on your own?
Because grinding for gameplay related unlocks is bullshit and always has been.

Grunts aren't fine, every character looks uninspired compared to Bungie's work. I don't see why they needed to change their look.

daedalius

There are definitely parts that are not awesome, but every Halo had stuff like that. Halo 3 human faces -> the willies. The guns are what really make me sad in Halo 4.

But the guns have a cohesive design between them for the different factions, which is the basis of "art direction". Whether you like how they look compared to older designs is besides the point.

I really like how the br looks, personally.

Danny 117

This might seem weird.. but I don't know where else on GAF would be knowledgeable of this...

Is there halo themed bedding available anywhere? Lol.

Top Bottom