• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

mj-laughing.gif

This page is gold.

If my girlfriend found out that I was so much as talking about video games online, she'd break up with me on the spot.

exaggeration of course, she adores me. but seeing as i'm the nerdy type, and she isn't, i tend to not venture into territories she has no interest in.

Don't listen to these guys. Just slowlyyyy mold her into your life and gradually open her up to the "darker corners" of your interests.

If you're the man, you're the man. It's really that simple. If she's really into you just give it some time and continue to assert dominance.

AdultSimbaDay.jpg

*Note: Chest PUMPED. Chin held HIGH. Look slightly to the side. Power. A manlion we can vote for.

Rtas

what did you try browsing with your left hand for once or something

Oh aren't you a little darling saying those nasty sarcastic things.

No is the answer to you, why is it so hard to believe for people online that women can be gamers too, my girlfriend gets so damn annoyed with this, its the same reason she has to block communication with virtually every asshole who finds out she's a woman on XBL, because they're like "OMG YOU'RE A GIRL WE'RE GONNA ADD YOU FOR THAT SPECIFIC REASON NOW"

We wanted new bed covers, we both liked the idea of Halo bedcovers, we were hoping to maybe find some with the old CE art on them but nah doesn't seem they exist, or at least we can find them anyway

Newt

I know that Halo 3 started to flood with derankers in ranked by mid-life but that was because the system was flawed. I think going back to Halo 2's ELO system would prevent cheating. Live security has improved since the OG Xbox days.
Honestly, I think the Arena system for Reach was pretty good.

No is the answer to you, why is it so hard to believe for people online that women can be gamers too, my girlfriend gets so damn annoyed with this, its the same reason she has to block communication with virtually every asshole who finds out she's a woman on XBL, because they're like "OMG YOU'RE A GIRL WE'RE GONNA ADD YOU FOR THAT SPECIFIC REASON NOW"

We wanted new bed covers, we both liked the idea of Halo bedcovers, we were hoping to maybe find some with the old CE art on them but nah doesn't seem they exist, or at least we can find them anyway

I'm all for gender equality.

I'm also all for calling anyone of any gender, race, orientation or nationality out on trying to buy halo bedsheets.

JDHarbs

I liked it as well. Just about every complaint I've heard about it over the years was about the gametypes being used, not the ranking system itself. It's all I play now when I'm on Reach. Feels like the sweet spot between competitive and casual that the Halo 3 Team Slayer playlist had. Halo 4 needs an equivalent.

Fuchsdh

I liked it as well. Just about every complaint I've heard about it over the years was about the gametypes being used, not the ranking system itself. It's all I play now when I'm on Reach. Feels like the sweet spot between competitive and casual that the Halo 3 Team Slayer playlist had. Halo 4 needs an equivalent.

Don't forget the season setup. Making it something like a clear six-month/year season and more prominently showing your top ranking would have done wonders for actually encouraging me to try. As it is, I stopped trying hard in 1v1 StarCraft II because there wasn't enough time for me as a casual player to level up in the standings due to shorter seasons.

Don't forget the season setup. Making it something like a clear six-month/year season and more prominently showing your top ranking would have done wonders for actually encouraging me to try. As it is, I stopped trying hard in 1v1 StarCraft II because there wasn't enough time for me as a casual player to level up in the standings due to shorter seasons.

Agreed, if arena based they must show the highest rank achieved and longer seasons. I don't want to grind and grind again for rank. Let me achieve it once and show it off.

This.

Inb4 Waypoint only again.

LOL, I think with Josh tweeting Ranked vs. Social seems like the best solution and Frankie interviewing about X1/dedicated servers and the maturity of tech systems for anti-cheating measures that in game rank is all but confirmed for X1.

I still have an inkling in the back of my mind many decisions around Halo 4 were driven by getting a big sales up take but not enabling the multiplayer retention on 360 to hurt uptake for Halo X1 console and X1 live subscriptions.

Of course it could have just been studio resources and timing issues that such features were cut but hey I like to speculate wildly ;)

JDHarbs

I personally didn't mind the season lengths as much because I was playing everyday, but I fully understand your point. Completely agree about the top rank though.

Ramirez

lol, fuck dude, I don't know whether to be happy or sorry for you.

But me and my girlfriend are really into each other, we both have things that the other are not really into, she likes Teen Mom and all that shitty ABC family drama, and I'm into the Sci-Fi stuff like Doctor Who/Stargate/Halo and stuff. It's not a deal-breaker for either of us, I wouldn't really want to date someone who is exactly like me, I've done that before and it's really weird, especially when you can be as awkward as me sometimes.

Watching this & saying shit is so cash, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys are still teenagers?

RIP in peace

FyreWulff

They really should make ranked FFA only

Mostly because this is the best way to feed a ranking system data, whenever you try to judge entire teams everything gets hazy.

Also, just ONCE I'd like to see a team playlist where you can only go in by yourself.

Omni

For the "look out for the little guys" achievement in Halo CEA, if I accidentally kill a grunt can I revert to last checkpoint or do I need to restart the level?

Trying to go through it now solo. Very narrow misses so far... Don't know how I'm going to get through without, at least by accident, killing one

Edit. And there we go... Accidentally headshot one while aiming at an elite...

Played a girl yesterday who 'met' her boyfriend in halo 3 rumble pit two years ago and they're still together! She also had about four other references in her bio to the fact she was a girl, the number one pic on the fileshare was the 'girl gamer' pic and there were various other pics trashing golden girl and others as BK's and garbage. So, yes, I am now convinced that girls can be gamers too.

I still have an inkling in the back of my mind many decisions around Halo 4 were driven by getting a big sales up take but not enabling the multiplayer retention on 360 to hurt uptake for Halo X1 console and X1 live subscriptions.

I've seen you go to the ends of the Earth to 'explain' Halo 4 but this is meth-smoking level theory

Also, just ONCE I'd like to see a team playlist where you can only go in by yourself.

Yes

I've seen you go to the ends of the Earth to 'explain' Halo 4 but this is meth-smoking level theory

Just LSD induced insightful enough hey? I kid, it's just a long shot thought I can't shake. Probably more resources and development time issues than outright self-inflicted corporate sabotage.

I would prefer most playlists ranked by individual similar to your go in by yourself statement. Organising a full team all the time is a tiny percentage of players online. In Halo 3 I was able to work through objective as pretty much a solo Aussie on USA host. However Halo 4 with team CSR ranked playlists equals low-mid levels for anyone that frequents said playlist solo. I totally understand it for Throwdown but ricochet or CTF should be individual so I'm with you Fyre. Even the other night I went into the new ricochet playlist as no friends on that night and went 4 games in a row with more than 700+ points and scores but still was on the losing team each game...no good for CSR/rank of course.

FyreWulff

I'd just like to see it as an experiment as it'd technically enforce close games with Trueskill - each team would be composed of people with really close skill, and you wouldn't have mixed-skill (>10 TS gap) teams even be possible.

Force single person, turn the skill matching up, and it could possibly be one of the most competitive playlists in terms of close games all up and down the TS spectrum.

I'd just like to see it as an experiment as it'd technically enforce close games with Trueskill - each team would be composed of people with really close skill, and you wouldn't have mixed-skill (>10 TS gap) teams even be possible.

Force single person, turn the skill matching up, and it could possibly be one of the most competitive playlists in terms of close games all up and down the TS spectrum.

That explanation reminds me of Halo 3 ranked objective searching solo. I'd usually match teams of 2 or 3 and the rest solo randoms. As you say tons of great matches in place of mixed skill teams and lopsided games. Could be good mate.

Watching this & saying shit is so cash, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys are still teenagers?

RIP in peace
My girl watches teen mom and I watch stargate and stuff. We are 23 each. I mean I get what you are saying but me and my GF are rapidly approaching 5 years and I don't see us breaking up anytime soon. I'd marry her for life today if we both actually wanted marriage which neither of us do.

Out relationship is pretty Cash

Gui_PT

Hey guys, this is my bedroom

I can't let my girlfriend see this(because I totally have a girlfriend) or she'd break up with me on the spot

She's a baka gaijin sometimes but I love her anyway and she loves me

They really should make ranked FFA only

Mostly because this is the best way to feed a ranking system data, whenever you try to judge entire teams everything gets hazy.

I'd love for Halo to get a real Mercenaries play list. Given that 90% of my play time is searching solo it'd improve my Halo experience quite a bit.

Omni

This thread gets so weird sometimes, hah.

Spent an hour going through Two Betrayals without killing any Grunts and didn't get the achievement. Gaaaah

Fuchsdh

For the "look out for the little guys" achievement in Halo CEA, if I accidentally kill a grunt can I revert to last checkpoint or do I need to restart the level?

Trying to go through it now solo. Very narrow misses so far... Don't know how I'm going to get through without, at least by accident, killing one

Edit. And there we go... Accidentally headshot one while aiming at an elite...

Have to restart, as I recall.

I personally turned on Grunt funeral and Party skulls so that I got pretty obvious cues I killed a Grunt.

Are you using the speedrun methods to bypass the last third of the level?

Omni

Have to restart, as I recall.

I personally turned on Grunt funeral and Party skulls so that I got pretty obvious cues I killed a Grunt.

Are you using the speedrun methods to bypass the last third of the level?
Oh, I didn't think of adding skulls.

You can bypass last third of level? I knew of the banshee trick at the start, but I was running through normally for the rest of it

And I imagine it would encourage more open mic usage, particularly as the trueskill or 'ranks' go up.

The community has been asking for a mercs playlist for years and they haven't bothered to listen so I doubt we'll see it.

Top Bottom