• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Omni

Now that the next Halo will use dedicated servers. Who would prefer the weapons to go back to a bullet travel system instead of hit scan?
I'd like that.

Hit scan is cheap. There should be no need for it with dedicated servers anyways. The problem with bullet velocity in Halo 3 was the fact that it was entirely dependant on the host (and as someone who had many many games with a yellow bar, was really unreliable. Obviously said problem would be non-existent with dedicated servers). Not to mention bullet velocity increases "skill gap" (if you even want to go there which I normally don't, but will because of the above comment) by making people adjust for the distance the enemy is from them and movement.

Problem with bullet lead is it was undefined and there was no measurement system, and lag is going to effect it exactly the same way on Halo 5 on Xbox One with the dedi's, just no one will have the 'host' advantage. People are still going to have 'better connection' advantage with dedi's. Non hit scan is going to be almost just as sketchy in Halo 5.

Non hit scan should be left to projectile shot weapons like plasma pistols and rifles, and rockets and cannon weapons and whatever I left out I dont feel like thinking of all of them atm.

DeadNames

Banned
I don't see how people can watch CoD gameplay. It's a snoozefest. You don't get the same "wow" vibes as you do from watching Halo, at least in my opinion.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't see how people can watch CoD gameplay. It's a snoozefest. You don't get the same "wow" vibes as you do from watching Halo, at least in my opinion.

I agree.. I saw yesterday someone sniping someone in the chest (of course instakill) and everyone in the chat went "woooooow" I was like "wtf this was nothing?"

Though I like the SnD gametype, want to create one for Halo, though watching it is pure boredom

FyreWulff

Leading has better 'feel' to me, but it doesn't matter which one as long as it behaves properly for the mechanic it uses.

What would be interesting to see bullet drop on the human Sniper Rifle. Make the Beam act like the old Human Sniper rifle colored purple, and now you have two notably distinct snippers

DeadNames

Banned
I agree.. I saw yesterday someone sniping someone in the chest (of course instakill) and everyone in the chat went "woooooow" I was like "wtf this was nothing?"

Though I like the SnD gametype, want to create one for Halo, though watching it is pure boredom

I love domination and I think it's an awesome gametype. I wish Dominion was less of a clusterfuck of power weapons and vehicles.

Edit: I think part of the reason CoD is so boring to watch is because it's really all the same and isn't that impressive. Anyone can spray a few guys down as they round a corner. Not many people can juggle the flag and end up with an overkill exterm.

gAg CruSh3r

This a pretty good YouTube channel for all things Halo 5. No its not the same guy as Halo 4 follower. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDeDBa736xI&list=UUptNOWTizPKjnHYLydzUWbw

It's the same guy...

Yes it is.

That guy is a joke.

He is not bad. He at least try's and he also gives out some interesting information.

It takes him a week to repeat whatever he learns from Gaf.

Ha yeah he is a good review of what we know.

gAg CruSh3r

There is no skill to the game anymore. It stopped after mw2. Halo is always fun to watch if the players are really good. You always can learn a trick or two.

There is no skill to the game anymore. It stopped after mw2. Halo is always fun to watch if the players are really good. You always can learn a trick or two.

Oh yea you should totally go win that prize money then.

Get the fuck outta here with that no skill shit. These guys are amazing.

gAg CruSh3r

And yet CoD is kicking Halo's ass

I know ... :(

spongebob_zps897884ea.gif

Oh yea you should totally go win that prize money then.

Get the fuck outta here with that no skill shit. These guys are amazing.

Maybe I should. The game is very repetitive. Everyone dies very easily. You don't need a skill to aim with the guns in this game. The weapon mechanic is a joke. Camping; enough said.

Fuchsdh

Leading has better 'feel' to me, but it doesn't matter which one as long as it behaves properly for the mechanic it uses.

What would be interesting to see bullet drop on the human Sniper Rifle. Make the Beam act like the old Human Sniper rifle colored purple, and now you have two notably distinct snippers

Would there really be enough space on most Halo maps for bullet drop to even be an issue?

Gui_PT

Is there a list of the games people are getting for free or all we know so far is that we're getting AC2 and Halo 3?

Is there a list of the games people are getting for free or all we know so far is that we're getting AC2 and Halo 3?

Yeah im also interested in this.

Spartacus was free last week and I know we are expecting some more free XBLA games too like Poker on top of the other free games right?

Ghazi

All we know so far are AC2 and Halo 3. I'm guessing they'll announce the next two halfway through this upcoming month. I'm still confused on why they never mentioned Fable 3 being the first game.

Yeah im also interested in this.

Spartacus was free last week and I know we are expecting some more free XBLA games too like Poker on top of the other free games right?
Spartacus is a Free to Play game like Happy Wars, it wasn't made free for the program

I wouldn't doubt they block it, yea that link still just plays the ad then shows the background image as if they were not streaming.

Bastards.

Get shit on.

You guys have no idea what getting blocked means. Just try to go anywhere on the internet behind the USAF proxies.

Madness

So much for Halo 3 being released soon... 343 probably complained after learning of it because imagine if Halo 3 goes ahead of Halo 4 in terms of people playing on XBL.

It's just like Microsoft too. Announce Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 as the first games and then give some shitty XBLA game and then say eventually we'll give Halo 3 and AssCreed 2.

Top Bottom