• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Nowise10

I was messing with it, Forge World doesn't have a wooden pallet on it.
EfxVj6W.jpg

But I also got that. The model is alittle bugged at the moment and I cant figure out how to fix it, but it looks pretty cool

Nowise10

Ya'll are silly. Nothing like this has ever been possible since Halo 2.

Halo 3 usermap mods are completely different, and would just changed a spawned object on the map to a different one thats already on that level. So since Valhalla had tree objects, you could replace a spawn point with a tree. You couldn't add in models from different levels.

Then Bungie had a completely different map saving system from halo 3 and made it impossible to have a modded map like that, that allowed objects other then Forge created ones.

IHaveIce

Banned

Floating giant ships in multiplayer maps or player models

Like on sandtrap, I get this is something special because there is no ship in forge world, but I don't get how this is exciting, well I'm not a modder and give no shit about reach's forge but huh

Floating giant ships in multiplayer maps or player models

Like on sandtrap, I get this is something special because there is no ship in forge world, but I don't get how this is exciting, well I'm not a modder and give no shit about reach's forge but huh

You're thinking of Sandtrap's "shipwrecked" map. The reason that was possible is because the Aegis Fate was already floating in the map background, I'm guessing.

Defect

But I also got that. The model is alittle bugged at the moment and I cant figure out how to fix it, but it looks pretty cool
I saw Zedd's Scarab and Engineer on Forge World. Crazy stuff.

FyreWulff

All I wanted during Reach's run was an Invasion map that had a Cruiser slipspace into the map and glass it when the Elites won the final phase

Ya'll are silly. Nothing like this has ever been possible since Halo 2.

Halo 3 usermap mods are completely different, and would just changed a spawned object on the map to a different one thats already on that level. So since Valhalla had tree objects, you could replace a spawn point with a tree. You couldn't add in models from different levels.

Then Bungie had a completely different map saving system from halo 3 and made it impossible to have a modded map like that, that allowed objects other then Forge created ones.

Halo 2 modding was fucking AWESOME. I don't even care how much it lead to cheating, some of the stuff people did was insane.

wwm0nkey

Modified gametypes sounds like something that they wouldn't want people playing with.
Frankie even said some of them are pretty awesome. I think he said that about Gun Game or Sharp Shooter?

Either way 343 should just make a official megalo app already since the mod community is getting close to it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hmm, it seems game loadouts are glitched in Assault. Setting it to Personal Loadouts but with everything except primary weapons preset works well, though, so I guess that's what people that want to make a competitive gametype with different primaries will have to do.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to play Halo? Like, ever? The only person on my friends list that plays it regularly is Demoncarnotaur, lol. My GT = kittens dx. I prefer Reach, but I'll play Halo 3 or Halo 4, too. If you add me, shoot me a quick message to let me know you're from GAF.

FYC

Banned
Anyone want to play Halo? Like, ever? The only person on my friends list that plays it regularly is Demoncarnotaur, lol. My GT = kittens dx. I prefer Reach, but I'll play Halo 3 or Halo 4, too. If you add me, shoot me a quick message to let me know you're from GAF.

I play Halo 4 :shame:

My GT is Godofnerdyness. Going to steal borrow my brother's headset next time I see him. Won't be able to chat until I get it tho. If anyone wants to add me, feel free.

IHaveIce

Banned
Once I'm through with the other games I'll be back to playing regularly halo

wwm0nkey

Off-topic but for those getting a PS4 and have multiple TVs in the house, get a Vita TV...also for those who have not played Persona 4, get a Vita TV too.

Fuchsdh

Is the Vita actually profitable? Sony's pushing it so heavily with the PS4 but it's gotten nowhere against the 3DS, and I feel like it's hurting more from smartphone competition.

Which reminds me, would have been really weird if we'd actually gotten a halo DS.

Is the Vita actually profitable? Sony's pushing it so heavily with the PS4 but it's gotten nowhere against the 3DS, and I feel like it's hurting more from smartphone competition.

Which reminds me, would have been really weird if we'd actually gotten a halo DS.

It is, as a matter of fact, Speedy's wet dream.

Top Bottom