• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Vita console is almost exactly what I was wanting. I wish the regular Vita had HDMI out though. Still, fantastic idea.

heckfu

Banned
Vita console is almost exactly what I was wanting. I wish the regular Vita had HDMI out though. Still, fantastic idea.

ZU9BbTI.jpg

Fuck PS4/XBO. I'm going to make my own moonshine console through back-alley OUYA jailbreaking and patent the term "moonshining" as a verb applied to console homebrewing.

The ChamberPot 720 hits stores December 33rd 2013. 1080p support and it can run at a blindingly fast 24 FPS locked, with HIGH DEFINITION 16-BIT COLOR CHANNELS and MASTERFUL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA MIDI SOUND CHIPS to add a powerful, invigorating tone to even the smallest of fanfares. Also of note is the OPEN SOURCE FORMATTING of the controllers, known as the DREIHANDER SERIES on their own. Each DREIHANDER SERIES controller weighs approximately 17 US lbs, and features 78 customizable buttons, 9 triggers, 14 analog sticks, and DECORATIVE ILLUMINATING FACEPLATES.

Pre-order and get a DAY ZERO COMMEMORATIVE SIGNED COPY of your choice of two (.02) Indie games or a premium copy of Project Livechamber*. Contact your local GameStahp for details.

*Project Livechamber is a covert vaporware platform and a Day Zero release makes you elligible for a copy of the game guide. Copies will not be available until 2029.

wwm0nkey

Why, exactly? Not saying you're wrong, but I'm clearly not the demo for this, so I'd love to hear it explained to me.
Basically picture it as cheap PS2.5 that can be used as a media streaming device, play games and stream your HD console (PS4) to anywhere in your house or even others houses if you want.

$100 really is not a big asking price fir the device either and if Microsoft released a Xbox "mini" like this with XBLA games I would get that too.

Nebula

Hardcore Halo fans are convincing other hardcore Halo fans to switch to Playstation.
Microsoft has made a huge mistake.

The biggest franchise Microsoft has ever had its hands on, and the people who supported it and enjoyed it don't even care enough about the next gen installment. Some even going as far as convincing others to swap sides because it's not worth the price tag the Xbone carries.

Never thought I'd see the day.

The end of this gen is already depressing for me because it's been systematically killing off most of the franchises I've been invested in. Golden Sun, Metroid, Halo...

Fuchsdh

The end of this gen is already depressing for me because it's been systematically killing off most of the franchises I've been invested in. Golden Sun, Metroid, Halo...
I tried to play Golden Sun and gave up after the ten minute dialogue sequence at the beginning. Perfect example of a JRPG killing itself after the first two were solid.

bidguy

Banned
Fuck PS4/XBO. I'm going to make my own moonshine console through back-alley OUYA jailbreaking and patent the term "moonshining" as a verb applied to console homebrewing.

The ChamberPot 720 hits stores December 33rd 2013. 1080p support and it can run at a blindingly fast 24 FPS locked, with HIGH DEFINITION 16-BIT COLOR CHANNELS and MASTERFUL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA MIDI SOUND CHIPS to add a powerful, invigorating tone to even the smallest of fanfares. Also of note is the OPEN SOURCE FORMATTING of the controllers, known as the DREIHANDER SERIES on their own. Each DREIHANDER SERIES controller weighs approximately 17 US lbs, and features 78 customizable buttons, 9 triggers, 14 analog sticks, and DECORATIVE ILLUMINATING FACEPLATES.

Pre-order and get a DAY ZERO COMMEMORATIVE SIGNED COPY of your choice of two (.02) Indie games or a premium copy of Project Livechamber*. Contact your local GameStahp for details.

*Project Livechamber is a covert vaporware platform and a Day Zero release makes you elligible for a copy of the game guide. Copies will not be available until 2029.

are you alright ?

TheOddOne

tumblr_m2x37cfBjJ1qihq9n.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
http://i.imgur.com/fAsoiAD.png
Are you talking about the Vita or the Xbox One? Brand loyalty for a game company is dumb.
Why, exactly? Not saying you're wrong, but I'm clearly not the demo for this, so I'd love to hear it explained to me.
The Vita (and 3DS to an extent) are awkward to hold for me, and I don't play games when I travel. $100 for a Vita that I can play with a PS3 controller on a TV is a great deal imo.

Madness

Who is convincing who?

Buy both, play fun games.

For many, it's just not cost feasible especially since both platforms require subscriptions to play now. I think more people will only get one next gen and stick with it.

I'll probably get both though lol, will probably get XbOne first for TitanFall.

Who is convincing who?

Buy both, play fun games.
Sorry, maybe trying* to convince? But you're missing my point.
My point is that Halo isn't selling consoles to some of the most hardcore Halo fans.
We'll see what happens next year when they reveal the game, maybe that'll bring some fans back, but it is just saddens me a bit to see.

I'm buying both, but there are plenty of folks here who aren't buying the Xbone, or at least not anytime soon.

Fuchsdh

lol, If that were that easy.

Missed it by that much.

Something Tashi and co. brought up in the 'cast that I hadn't really thought about but really needs to get improved is actual searching for content. They sort of threw it out there but I think a marketplace setup works perfectly--just run around and a la carte add stuff to download, or (even better) would be an ability for creators to bundle specific map and gametype combos. Let them upload a match as a trailer (or a real trailer if they have the wherewithal) and screenshots.

My pie in the sky option would be automatic updates. Don't have the latest version of Onyx? No problem it'll automatically fetch it if you've enabled the option.

Missed it by that much.

Something Tashi and co. brought up in the 'cast that I hadn't really thought about but really needs to get improved is actual searching for content. They sort of threw it out there but I think a marketplace setup works perfectly--just run around and a la carte add stuff to download, or (even better) would be an ability for creators to bundle specific map and gametype combos. Let them upload a match as a trailer (or a real trailer if they have the wherewithal) and screenshots.

My pie in the sky option would be automatic updates. Don't have the latest version of Onyx? No problem it'll automatically fetch it if you've enabled the option.

A marketplace for this would be nice, action sack the end result I suppose. The bulletin of late has been highlighting community content and the creations forum but a dedicated regular news section would do well IMO. As would developer redesign or iteration of community content.

It is, as a matter of fact, Speedy's wet dream.
Huh? I don't even like the Vita. I mean, I USED to, back when I first got it. Then I went about 6 months not using the darn thing because it literally has no games. Same with my 3DS, bought it but have nothing to play on it. At least my 3DS will get Pokemon though, that's something. I'm probably going to sell my Vita.

Halo.

Guys I'm going to buy Halo 4 again. Yay... Hopefully I'll get it in time for the HaloGAF playdate this Saturday.

Good thing he left ; )

btw the main multiplayer guy left right?

I mean I'm ok with him leaving since he has another job, I'd hate to see anyone lose their job without having another plan.

The two lead designers on Halo 4's campaign have left now, I wonder who is in charge of that now.

John Howard still works at Microsoft, in case you didn't know Frankie....

Huh? I don't even like the Vita. I mean, I USED to, back when I first got it. Then I went about 6 months not using the darn thing because it literally has no games. Same with my 3DS, bought it but have nothing to play on it. At least my 3DS will get Pokemon though, that's something. I'm probably going to sell my Vita.

Halo.

Guys I'm going to buy Halo 4 again. Yay... Hopefully I'll get it in time for the HaloGAF playdate this Saturday.

this is why you should never sell halo games. it's 19.99 at best buy and amazon if you want it new.

I mean I'm ok with him leaving since he has another job, I'd hate to see anyone lose their job without having another plan.

The two lead designers on Halo 4's campaign have left now, I wonder who is in charge of that now.

John Howard still works at Microsoft, in case you didn't know Frankie....

Damn, if they get a big-ass Halo 3-style campaign again,I might just buy an Xbox One.

You know, five years down the line or something.

Totally GIF-making worthy.

Also here's that overkill clip I finally captured.

Ricochet Carrier Overkill

I think I'm in love with my new Live Gamer Portable. Literally did nothing but connect cables/fast write SD card and hit a button to start/stop capturing. I'll try out streaming shortly too. The actual capture was 60fps, zero frames dropped and it makes the clip look really smooth in full 1080p glory. Too bad my first YouTube channel upload automatically downsized to 720p/30fps only. Any tips for capturing and uploading to YT?

I also remembered this clip wrong, there was no score at the end, I thought I dropped it and it rolled into the goal, oh well WTF random team mates! How did you not score???

Here's a fast break at the game opener, WTF YT why 360p? Hmmm.

Halo.

I was actually talking about Halo DS.

Dead Space is dad.

Last one for today:

Out BR'd

For me this is part of why I don't understand 100% negative comments about the "current state" of Halo (4) multiplayer. Yes it's hitscan, yes it has assist/magnetism etc but this is online play and here I am from Australia on a USA hosted game but able to out BR an enemy who has the first shot on me.

This is how competitive online play should be handled, LAN/events may be a different story though. I too agree that next gen regional servers should lessen such "assistance" for online fairness.

woodland

Last one for today:

Out BR'd

For me this is part of why I don't understand 100% negative comments about the "current state" of Halo (4) multiplayer. Yes it's hitscan, yes it has assist/magnetism etc but this is online play and here I am from Australia on a USA hosted game but able to out BR an enemy who has the first shot on me.

That was more him being awful and missing shots than you noticeably outplaying him.

Madness

I wonder if they'd consider hiring Marcus Lehto... He said on twitter he wanted to stay in the NW/continue with games development. I know people hated Reach, but someone who's been around from the beginning with Halo and has been so integral would surely fit in with 343 better than some random dev from elsewhere.

FyreWulff

I wonder if they'd consider hiring Marcus Lehto... He said on twitter he wanted to stay in the NW/continue with games development. I know people hated Reach, but someone who's been around from the beginning with Halo and has been so integral would surely fit in with 343 better than some random dev from elsewhere.

I thought he was moving to California. Now he's staying in Seattle? He's more of a wanderlust than I am :lol

In the end, I don't think I could move my family either

That was more him being awful and missing shots than you noticeably outplaying him.

Sure I agree the enemy choked or wasn't a consistent BR. I wasn't really raising my own flag/skill but the fact it's possible to out BR, I've never considered my self the best BR around. It does show you can win when down a first shot. My strafe fell more in line with my aim on the enemy too so it made that engagement "easy to win".

If it was so easy to hit as some post, regarding aim assist/magnetism being so easy you don't even have to aim, then why would that guy miss at all? We were in close-mid range and he had the first shot. Skill aside the online mechanics and gameplay are there to be competitive is my point.

Madness

I thought he was moving to California. Now he's staying in Seattle? He's more of a wanderlust than I am :lol

In the end, I don't think I could move my family either

Yeah, he wrote something about wanting to stay put, get back into development with a 'big team' or be a 'hired gun'.

I think it'd actually be great to have him for Halo 5.

Top Bottom