• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I love how it always says 'community cartographers' when it's been VERY clear this past year that you do the majority of the heavy lifting. it'd be awesome if you ever got a nod in the bulletin!

Weird coincidence I just recommended Tashi for Community Member of the Week just yesterday. It would be well deserved IMO.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
<3

No love for Erosion?

No one loves Erosion. It's by far the least submitted canvas and to be honest doesn't showcase Forge to its full potential. I wasn't involved in the decision to not support it for this contest but I agree with the decision.

Fuchsdh

<3

No one loves Erosion. It's by far the least submitted canvas and to be honest doesn't showcase Forge to its full potential. I wasn't involved in the decision to not support it for this contest but I agree with the decision.

Played some good Invasion-style maps on it that made use of its irregular geometry. It's certainly a niche but I like it the same. :) Oh well Forge Island's a better fit for this anyhow.

Edit: Can the walkthrough just be a File Share video? I could do a capture but I still haven't fiddled around with my Shuttle to figure out what settings I need to actually get video from my Xbox as of yet.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Played some good Invasion-style maps on it that made use of its irregular geometry. It's certainly a niche but I like it the same. :) Oh well Forge Island's a better fit for this anyhow.

Oh I've certainly played some great Erosion maps. We put some in MM earlier this year. It seems that almost everyone has moved away from it. Most of the stuff we get is on Forge Island these days.

Edit: Can the walkthrough just be a File Share video? I could do a capture but I still haven't fiddled around with my Shuttle to figure out what settings I need to actually get video from my Xbox as of yet.

If you need a straight capture with no editing just link me a fileshare mate. Same goes for anyone on HaloGAF going into this contest, I'm happy to do a simple capture for y'all off fileshares.

I've been taking requests with my new capture device of late anyhow. It caps at 60fps 1080p with no loss of frames. I could upload a raw capture for you to DropBox instead of YT processed videos. If you prefer YT I can do that too. I can also drop the fps or resolution if you want a smaller file etc. Push of a button and a couple of mouse clicks for me is all so happy to help out.

Ghazi

This is like when Speedy tried to say he couldn't buy energy drinks.

#BabbyGAF
Except how Speedy is actually 12, and rich, and Mormon.
Get a manager when they do that.

Then when they call the cops to try and get you arrested for using fake id, wait for them to show up and give the clerk this look

1DWZWScl.jpg

This made me laugh, will try this next time however.

nillapuddin

Eroisoin = no cool lighting = kinda bleh looking

1Jx8ftil.jpg

I tried, I made a solid map, I knew it wouldnt be beautiful, but I tried : /

Had a scrapped Prisoner build on it also, first 2 floors done but moved on

Fuchsdh

Wahrer, shouldn't you be thinking of humanity and curing cancer or something with the time you've got on your hands? There's no hope for us, save yourself.

Computer

Can't believe they got rid of the BTB skirmish playlist. Halo 4 is a joke. That playlist lasted like a month. Now I have fight noobs that vote BTB infinity slayer. Oh and they put infinity CTF in the CTF playlist. Get rid of the infinity shit 343 it's fucking garbage!!!! All the playlist updates made the game even worse if that was even possible.

Can't believe they got rid of the BTB skirmish playlist. Halo 4 is a joke. That playlist lasted like a month. Now I have fight noobs that vote BTB infinity slayer. Oh and they put infinity CTF in the CTF playlist. Get rid of the infinity shit 343 it's fucking garbage!!!! All the playlist updates made the game even worse if that was even possible.

Why do they even take out playlist anyways?

Karl2177

So tonight it said I couldn't play on any of my DLC maps because I didn't have a license for them. I guess I won't Forge for the Ricochet thing...

Karl2177

Can't you redownload them to your Xbox?

Tried. It sent me to the download page and said I had to shell out $10 or 25 for the map pass(even though I already have the map pass). I also couldn't play on Forge Island. I might try again tomorrow, because I know the network was acting up earlier today.

Whew, ignores are back!

Also what is with 2 threads in gaming side where everyone is bitching about everything Halo?

Daedilililius! yaaay

I dunno, but I think there was more than one person talking about Halo 4 being better than the "shitstorm" of Halo 2. I didn't even

daedalius

Daedilililius! yaaay

I dunno, but I think there was more than one person talking about Halo 4 being better than the "shitstorm" of Halo 2. I didn't even

I was surprised how many people liked Reach, or rated it their number 1.

Although playing through the campaign again, it seems quite good imo. Not quite as high of highs as H3, but no Cortana level either.

On the multiplayer side; ZB Reach was a lot of fun... I dare say more fun than I have with Infinity; thankfully we never vote for it.

Um...Infinity CTF has been in CTF for literally months bro.

TheOddOne

I'M BACK, SHITBIRDS

i'm too lazy to make more video shit so i just wrote 50 Shades of Gravity Gauntlet instead.

RYZ1Bxx.gif

I was surprised how many people liked Reach, or rated it their number 1.

Although playing through the campaign again, it seems quite good imo. Not quite as high of highs as H3, but no Cortana level either.

On the multiplayer side; ZB Reach was a lot of fun... I dare say more fun than I have with Infinity; thankfully we never vote for it.
You fools are back? GOOD.

FyreWulff

Eroisoin = no cool lighting = kinda bleh looking

1Jx8ftil.jpg

I tried, I made a solid map, I knew it wouldnt be beautiful, but I tried : /

Had a scrapped Prisoner build on it also, first 2 floors done but moved on

Yeah... Erosion not having lighting in the open space is probably the major reason it's rarely used as a canvas, even though it has a unique texture variant for all the FW pieces. And the Grifball area is too dark.

Madness

Damn, I haven't seen this many people even if I combined Halo 3 and GTA IV midnight launches. I'm in a city outside Vancouver. At one of 3 Eb Games doing it in my city. At each one is like 400+ people, not counting the future shop and best buy that also probably have hundreds. This truly is going to be one of the biggest games to end the gen.

Plus no one even cares, people are rolling weed in the line, blazing etc. No cops nothing.

Omni

Damn, I haven't seen this many people even if I combined Halo 3 and GTA IV midnight launches. I'm in a city outside Vancouver. At one of 3 Eb Games doing it in my city. At each one is like 400+ people, not counting the future shop and best buy that also probably have hundreds. This truly is going to be one of the biggest games to end the gen.

Plus no one even cares, people are rolling weed in the line, blazing etc. No cops nothing.

There were a few hundred people at the midnight launch here (bottom of Australia). I didn't end up going, but saw the pictures. Hell, this morning when I picked up the game I had to wait 45mins just to get served.

Never seen a line so long. Well, at EB games anyway. On the bright side, I just got home from uni and am installing the first disc. Been waiting for this all day

daedalius

Just finished reach again, I would say it actually has a pretty solid campaign.

Not quite as many ridiculously huge battles as 3, but really good infantry skirmishes. Elites in reach I think are the best ones besides CE. They seem much easier to kill and appear to dodge much less in h4.

I can't believe how dead Halo is. How did it get to this point?

Probably because of people like you.

Not quite as many ridiculously huge battles as 3, but really good infantry skirmishes. Elites in reach I think are the best ones besides CE. They seem much easier to kill and appear to dodge much less in h4.

They also fly banshees into walls all the time in 4 for some reason. And once they've done that, they just sit there until you kill them. GOD TIER AI FOLKS!

Agree.

Probably because of people like you.

Blaming it on the fans instead of the devs?

Disagree.

Karl2177

My Ricochet balls only spawn at one of the points, even though I have multiple ball spawn points with the rico_ball_spawn tag... This game is far too inconsistent. :/

I would like a Ricochet map that has fewer, but more guaranteed, throw angles. Those weird ball physics just make throws seem random sometimes, and some maps are just a nightmare for defense since there are so many throw angles. Eh, but I guess the fast pace is part of the appeal so take that with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom