• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Wahrer do you think you'll be able to have a track ready soon for the Gametype pack trailer?

if it's not possible I'll just use some tracks from the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack.

I can't believe how dead Halo is. How did it get to this point?

image034.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Played some Dubs with Bravo last night and it looks like the DLC weighting is quite high. Got 50% of our games in on the Pit. Matches were quite epic.

I don't think that was his point, it was that spawn camping is pretty easy with certain loadouts so Pro would be nice. Nothing to do with ball spawns, really.

Exactly, I wasn't going after Tashi, that second quote was from the waypoint site. I was pointing out that it must be such a problem that they feel the need to point it out. The problem with Ricochet is the camo/shotgun loadout where you spawn and get popped by an entire team. It's turned into camp 3, one guy goes for the ball. Either that or the jetpackers take high points top middle on Haven and pop you right when you spawn.

You can't fix this game at this point unless you can play it Pro. It cannot be balanced.

Installing GTA right now, the USB install takes FOREVER. If you are in a rush better to just play it tonight from the disk.

Anyway, I still think camping issues aside Haven is a pretty good Ricochet map. It has harder throws than Pitfall which you can actually defend against a little. Pitfall is to easy for throws.

Interesting competitive testing tidbit from Bungie news article:

JH: After that, I started a contract on Halo 3, and worked on every following Bungie title up until Reach. I also worked on Halo: Anniversary and Halo 4 at 343. During that time, I was a co-lead for the Forearm Test Team that did a ton of content and multiplayer testing for those titles. Eventually, I left 343 for an opportunity back at Bungie, and I’ve been here ever since.

DEEJ: You are living evidence of the fact that the games industry can be like a small neighborhood. How did you first join the community?

JH: My first interview was with Paul Gradwohl, who (I later learned) was looking for someone with experience with MLG, exploits, and knowledge of competitive Halo for his test team. I had a pretty strong background in competitive gaming in general, which I think is one thing that stood out in my initial interview.

I just found it interesting a Bungie Halo 3 staff member worked at 343 on Reach/4 and now back at Bungie and was part of the competitive scene, got hired for that reason and it's a small slice of insight that competitive testing did occur at Bungie/343. I wonder how different the development decisions are/will be from Reach to 4 and now to Halo Xbox One.

Each spin-off (excluding Halo Wars/Spartan Assault) to the Halo series has been Squad based, Halo 3: Odst, Reach, SpOps.

So will another Halo spin-off be Squad based for XB1? Y/N?

nillapuddin

Yeah... Erosion not having lighting in the open space is probably the major reason it's rarely used as a canvas, even though it has a unique texture variant for all the FW pieces. And the Grifball area is too dark.

The pipes are a great unique set, they added so much aesthetically to Deso, There is an eerie green tint to the map I like in theory, I thought it would be more prevalent though, o well.. win some lose some, we got to forge in outer space.

IHaveIce

Banned
I agree. I hope to see some Halo 5 news soon.
If the news cycle is as bad organized as Halo 4's expect a lot of waiting and suddenly you read from scans of a magazine they fucked up the multiplayer even more but tease everyone in videos with classic br slayer settings.

Top Bottom