• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Just finished some during Breaking Bad.

Have I mentioned before how we need to hang at some point? I think I have.

Yeah you did, I am not so much into the drinking stuff but today was special day so my sisters and I bought some special tequila and give it a try,

Playing Batman AC wasnt be so gorgeous before meeting Mr. three generations tequila.

that type of defense.

ku-xlarge.gif

I'm poor and of-age, but every retailer thinks I've faked my license and won't sell M games to me because I look 12 (hell, some lady at Toys-R-Us wouldn't fucking sell me Starcraft 2 which is T because she didn't think my license was real and I didn't look 13), it's a no go for me.

:(
Grow a worthy beard

"Man Babies. Ugh"

FYC

Banned
Re-reading the Halo 3 reviews thread, this post is still hilarious.

Look if you hate the Halo franchise just come out and say it.

No, mate. I love it. I feel blessed.

What was Halo? huh?

Halo was 8 weapons, 2 types of grenades. 10 levels where you just go from point a to b to c. Halo had 4-5 different types of vehicles and a few more types of enemies. That was it.
That was Halo.

But so many don't understand. They don't understand that it's about the chanting monks. It's about being a supersoldier on a dying star, falling from grace with a carmina burena inspired soundtrack! That's what its about.

the... pink enemy palette. the bright colors and strange art designs. the mix of tactical only-two weapons, and frantic doom run and gun(the libary level)...

it all just colided together.

And when people ask me, why I love Halo so much, I just look at them. I just look at them, and I don't say a god damn word. Because they dont understand. They dont understand that its about the guy next to you(ai or co-op buddy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEpdWpFjTEU

FyreWulff

I'm poor and of-age, but every retailer thinks I've faked my license and won't sell M games to me because I look 12 (hell, some lady at Toys-R-Us wouldn't fucking sell me Starcraft 2 which is T because she didn't think my license was real and I didn't look 13), it's a no go for me.

Get a manager when they do that.

Then when they call the cops to try and get you arrested for using fake id, wait for them to show up and give the clerk this look

1DWZWScl.jpg

This is like when Speedy tried to say he couldn't buy energy drinks.

#BabbyGAF

Caja 117

"but so many don't understand. They don't understand that it's about the chanting monks. "

I think this is something that is so simple yet, I think the impact it is big. The lack of chanting monks in the Halo 4 main menu defines whats wrong with this game. All the small changes made to core gameplay elements thats have been part of Halo since day one, taken away due to....Im not really sure why...and thats just what kill my interest in Halo 4 and probably killed it for the entire franchise.

For all the hate CoD gets, at least the game stays true to itself.

Gui_PT

but so many don't understand. They don't understand that it's about the chanting monks. 

I think this is something that is so simple yet, I think the impact it is big. The lack of chanting monks in the Halo 4 main menu defines whats wrong with this game. All the small changes made to core gameplay elements thats have been part of Halo since day one, taken away due to....Im not really sure why...and thats just what kill my interest in Halo 4 and probably killed it for the entire franchise.

For all the hate CoD gets, at least the game stays true to itself.

tumblr_miybgfwBzB1s6ezlmo1_400.gif

This is like when Speedy tried to say he couldn't buy energy drinks.

#BabbyGAF
Hey, I'm 17 in 11 days, am I still a part of BabbyGAF?

Gonna be fun. I'll finally be able to buy rated M games alone, not like I already haven't anyways, starting 3 months ago the guys at my Mall's Gamestop started okaying me when trying to buy M rated games, apparently because I'm a regular.

Also, last random thing, I'm starting to grow a little mustache :p Now I need to learn how to shave. :p

Omni

Wait, Silentium already came out? Someone give a summary!

You should really read it yourself. It's actually so good. Plus there are little throwbacks to things in Halo CE that you won't really appreciate by reading a 200 word synopsis on the internet

ermahgawd, GTAV is out. Granted it's midnight... but I'm awake and I'm considering running to the store to pick it up.

Nebula

You should really read it yourself. It's actually so good. Plus there are little throwbacks to things in Halo CE that you won't really appreciate by reading a 200 word synopsis on the internet

ermahgawd, GTAV is out. Granted it's midnight... but I'm awake and I'm considering running to the store to pick it up.

What are you doing on here? Go get it!

Defect

Gonna be fun. I'll finally be able to buy rated M games alone, not like I already haven't anyways, starting 3 months ago the guys at my Mall's Gamestop started okaying me when trying to buy M rated games, apparently because I'm a regular.

Also, last random thing, I'm starting to grow a little mustache :p Now I need to learn how to shave. :p

ClANPyt.gif

Madness

jesus christ

17 and facial hair? i remember shaving being a burden around 5 or 6 years old.

"Whisker wearers of the south unite. We are Dixieland Beard Coalition, the first Beard Team USA chapter of Alabama. Located in beardaful Huntsville, Alabama, we promote the growth and wearage of facial hair of all sorts.We are the face koozies of the south."

This is actually a real thing in Alabama.

heckfu

Banned
"Whisker wearers of the south unite. We are Dixieland Beard Coalition, the first Beard Team USA chapter of Alabama. Located in beardaful Huntsville, Alabama, we promote the growth and wearage of facial hair of all sorts.We are the face koozies of the south."

This is actually a real thing in Alabama.

This is your best post.

F5epp.gif

jesus christ

17 and facial hair? i remember shaving being a burden around 5 or 6 years old.

QbkpUfR.jpg

The missing monks are symbolic of Halo 4's problems? You're all out of shit to talk about.

The removal of Halo monks can represent everything wrong with the overall design philosophy of Halo 4; they took significant parts of Halo's identity.

Halo fans are passionate about this franchise and many of them see it as a huge slap in the face. The same thing can be said for several other areas, such as taking away customization options when Halo has been known for its creative fanbase.

Had my life flash before my eyes just a moment ago, and wanted to share with you that, even though I don't visit here all too often anymore, you're all awesome people.

Except Elzar, he smells.

Top Bottom