• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

FyreWulff

Does the screenshot functionality work (don't have access to a 360 at the moment). Could finally get some superendered pictures of all enemies and characters that appear in-game and other interesting stuff.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So Lord Zedd figured out how to get campaign games to save in Theater mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmwaOVX6m84

From the looks of it, it looks like it works just fine? Im assuming maybe the cutscenes in the middle of a few missions might screw it up? Im not sure yet.
JAzF5qF.gif

WHADDUP MOTHERFUCKERS, GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Just spend the last month travelling Tanzania, shit was wick. How's Halo been? Oh yeah I remember! Eric Nylund; the last, best hope for the series fiction left 343i, presumably disgusted with how the canon turned out.

Fucking disaster.

RIP in pieces babies around soup

Nebula

Wanted to join the customs but I was playing Bayonetta for the first time and lost track of time. Just completed it in one sitting. My arm hurts.

Not even a masturbation joke I swear. Button mashing like a boss.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Apparently I don't check this thread enough. Who should I add for Halo 3 customs?

No need. Send a message to "TashiGAF" and I'll shoot you an invite. That goes to everyone. I'll be getting on and starting a lobby within 10 minutes

So Lord Zedd figured out how to get campaign games to save in Theater mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmwaOVX6m84

From the looks of it, it looks like it works just fine? Im assuming maybe the cutscenes in the middle of a few missions might screw it up? Im not sure yet.

How the... what the fuck? I mean, thats awesome, but what.

Does the screenshot functionality work (don't have access to a 360 at the moment). Could finally get some superendered pictures of all enemies and characters that appear in-game and other interesting stuff.

Oh god, I hope so, even if I can't do it I hope others do.

belushy

Banned
he also posted this on r/halo a couple hours ago

looks like the QTEs were part of the problem

Yeah I can understand that causing problems. Weird why they didn't just make it skip the button strokes or something. Similar to how in Call of Duty if someone used a lightning strike, it doesn't show up in theater, it just shows them looking at the briefcase thing.

looks like the QTEs were part of the problem

Wait. So you're telling me one of the only reasons we got a core feature of Theater removed was because they decided to add a function in-game that shows up exactly twice, and to everyone's detriment? I am shocked. Almost too shocked for words.

Omni

Wait. So you're telling me one of the only reasons we got a core feature of Theater removed was because they decided to add a function in-game that shows up exactly twice, and to everyone's detriment? I am shocked. Almost too shocked for words.
crying.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It sucks to see HaloGAF falling apart even more. A ton of us only rarely play Halo, and that'll become even more true once the next gen systems hit, especially for folks getting the PS4. I'm getting one, and I really don't see myself paying for both PSN and XBL.

And if Halo 5 goes down the same path as Halo 4, it won't be worth buying an Xbox One for (though I'm sure I'll get both eventually).

What makes this even worse is that there's no game that interests me enough to replace Halo. Battlefield is fun, but doesn't hold my interest as much. Titanfall looks great, but not in the least bit balanced. Destiny has potential, but again, it doesn't sound like they're really going for balance or "even playing ground". Whoever steps up and makes the next great arena FPS on consoles will have my money.

It sucks to see HaloGAF falling apart even more. A ton of us only rarely play Halo, and that'll become even more true once the next gen systems hit, especially for folks getting the PS4. I'm getting one, and I really don't see myself paying for both PSN and XBL.

And if Halo 5 goes down the same path as Halo 4, it won't be worth buying an Xbox One for (though I'm sure I'll get both eventually).

What makes this even worse is that there's no game that interests me enough to replace Halo. Battlefield is fun, but doesn't hold my interest as much. Titanfall looks great, but not in the least bit balanced. Destiny has potential, but again, it doesn't sound like they're really going for balance or "even playing ground". Whoever steps up and makes the next great arena FPS on consoles will have my money.

I don't think there will be an fps for you then. Simple games is what sells now.

GhaleonEB

Damn, Karl and I got a wave with Elites plus drop pod Elits. Forgot how overwhelming they can get in Firefight

The four packs of Ultras that drop into Firefight are terrifying. They were one of my favorite elements, for the way they flushed everyone out of their perches. That pod comes down and it's bail out time. I had a knack for leaping over railings and running away to take them out from a safer vantage, while my "teammates" were slaughtered. I mean, while they bought me time.

Mostly talking about Limited, RIP.

FyreWulff

The four packs of Ultras that drop into Firefight are terrifying. They were one of my favorite elements, for the way they flushed everyone out of their perches. That pod comes down and it's bail out time. I had a knack for leaping over railings and running away to take them out from a safer vantage, while my "teammates" were slaughtered. I mean, while they bought me time.

Mostly talking about Limited, RIP.

Actually got a Limited NEP game tonight before Karl got on.

Also got wiped out by the Elites in that one.

9000cR for a game and the bar doesn't even move [/weep]

Karl2177

Actually got a Limited NEP game tonight before Karl got on.

Also got wiped out by the Elites in that one.

Heh, I voted for Limited NEP in our matches. I also want to point out that the only drop pods we had were the Ultra Elites. There was also an Elite that didn't die after two Rockets to the face.

Firefight combined with a Spartan Ops creator, throw in some Forge and add in some pvp modes..
all on dedicated servers.

Could be a deadly thing.

belushy

Banned
Firefight combined with a Spartan Ops creator, throw in some Forge and add in some pvp modes..
all on dedicated servers.

Could be a deadly thing.

Yep. Exaclty why I feel we should get a pc-based "forge" aka Map maker. Give us the power to add A.I and pathing and boom, we can make our own firefight and Spartan Ops maps along with MP maps. Hell, through in Master Chief and Cortana and UNSC marines and we could make campaign expansions or some crazy shit like that.

Booties

Banned
I found ODST pretty easy. I just wish it had a higher difficulty. Especially on coop. Some sort of scaling like borderlands would have worked for me.

wwm0nkey

Yep. Exaclty why I feel we should get a pc-based "forge" aka Map maker. Give us the power to add A.I and pathing and boom, we can make our own firefight and Spartan Ops maps along with MP maps. Hell, through in Master Chief and Cortana and UNSC marines and we could make campaign expansions or some crazy shit like that.
Been requesting this for awhile now lol

Halo map maker on PC needs to happen.

Top Bottom