• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Best cheese I ever had was from Mexico.

Seriously. Though I maintain that would also make it look like a Space FAMAS more so than it already does. h8 u 343i weapon designs

Halo 4 definitely sucked in the progression department, so I'm sure they're going to be adding stuff (and hopefully making it cosmetic-only). Thinking back, Unreal Tournament (the original) let you change not only the shape and color of your reticle but the tint of your entire HUD, which sounds better than getting Perk A or Perk B. And how many idiots would put in a thousand games just to get a smiley face in the middle of their screen?

I think custom crosshairs are a bad idea unless it's for loadout weapons only and there's a standardized set of two primary weapons. Otherwise I don't know how much fun I'd have having a weed crosshair override it for each of my guns.

I do like the idea of custom HUD tints, though.

EDIT: Destiny has a good idea, imo - the primary HUD is white, but "flavor text" stuff (things that need to be highlighted for the sake of weapon upgrades, objectives, etc.) have been a muted blue along the lines of Halo 4's team color. I could see Halo 5's HUD working with a mostly-white HUD, but with a modifiable flavor text color option.

Fuchsdh

I think custom crosshairs are a bad idea unless it's for loadout weapons only and there's a standardized set of two primary weapons. Otherwise I don't know how much fun I'd have having a weed crosshair override it for each of my guns.

I do like the idea of custom HUD tints, though.

Whatever you can unlock that doesn't affect gameplay and isn't crazy-looking sounds fine for me. A simpler set of armor configs that allow a broader array of armor skins also sounds like a better option than the number of unlocks we have. At least for me, I think that the armory concept worked better than commendation and XP unlocks, but I dunno what the majority of players prefer.

Karl2177

I suppose I'll ask it here too, does anyone have a spare 48 hr code they'd be willing to let me use? I was planning on playing some Reach and 3 tonight and hopefully join up for some customs this weekend.

I suppose I'll ask it here too, does anyone have a spare 48 hr code they'd be willing to let me use? I was planning on playing some Reach and 3 tonight and hopefully join up for some customs this weekend.

I'll go raid my game cases to see if I have any unopened - if I do, I'll let you know.

Does anyone know if GTAV came with a 48 hour trial?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Anniversary Snipers on Headlong, run for camo at the beginning of the match, and bump into a fusion coil on my way there. Nine minutes later a teammate shoots the fusion coil once, it explodes, they die, and I get a betrayal.

fix your shit bungle

Also: You all should play Reach more.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Destiny PvP map?

rooftop_desktop.jpg

Someone should make a thread about the mailsack. I have to run out the door soon or I would.

nillapuddin

That looks amazing, but the Spartan Assault case made me giggle a bit. :p

Thanks man, and yeah I really like the art for Spartan Assault, so I said screw it, might as well, besides, brought me to an even 10 cases, I like round numbers :p

I like how the bindings look similar to the novel covers. Looks good.

Thanks man!

Here are my books :)

woTicgYl.jpg

(minus Silentium, I had that book shipped to my moms house back in Florida, read it on my phone lol)

P.S.
fuck the designers for making these so god damn inconsistent with font size and positioning

JDHarbs

Thanks man!

Here are my books :)

woTicgYl.jpg

(minus Silentium, I had that book shipped to my moms house back in Florida, read it on my phone lol)

P.S.
fuck the designers for making these so god damn inconsistent with font size and positioning
I personally prefer the original style. Simple and clear. Transfers well to those game covers.
0345473043.jpg

Gui_PT

Before:
http://i.imgur.com/3ZT6Uzxl.jpg[IMG]

After:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZbCZ7xAl.jpg[IMG]

: )

much better
(dont worry, I saved all the originals, hid them inside Reach limited edition box lol)[/QUOTE]

Two of the cases are black so the covers don't fix this. You must get two green cases.

If not, you have failed.

Omni

Before:
3ZT6Uzxl.jpg

After:
ZbCZ7xAl.jpg

: )

much better
(dont worry, I saved all the originals, hid them inside Reach limited edition box lol)

That's pretty awesome. I was planning to do something similar, but I realised that the Limited Editions of Halo 2, 3 and 4 would have screwed up any uniformity I wanted.

Karl2177

Elzar, when are you getting on Halo 3? You know you want to play with your favorite Karlito.

Also on a random side note, I went to a party last night on the floor below me. They make a drink for one of the girls that went with us, but she didn't want it anymore. She hands the drink to me, and we leave before I have any. I go back to my place and finish about half of it and apparently I'm asleep on the floor. So either I'm a ridiculous lightweight(other nights would say differently) or they were trying to drug her. :/

Recently checked out some of the modes for BF4 and came across this tidbit. Found this very interesting seeing as it relates to Halo and the changes made to CTF:

Compared to Conquest, the action in Obliteration tends to be heavily focused on wherever the bomb is located. Since there’s only one bomb at a time, you will often find yourself going from attacker to defender in the blink of an eye. You need to be able to predict enemy movement to defend at the right place at the right time and reclaim the offensive – or intercept the enemy to reclaim possession of the bomb. The constantly shifting playing field from offense to defense is partly inspired by American football – with the detonation of an enemy installation being the Battlefield equivalent of scoring a touchdown.

Getting more and more excited for this game, but I can't help to think about what 343 changed in Halo 4. The KILL waypoints and autopickup coupled with not being able to drop the flag really hurt the fun of that gametype. Hopefully this is realized for the next release, as well as Assault making a return.

Conor 419

Banned
WHADDUP MOTHERFUCKERS, GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Just spend the last month travelling Tanzania, shit was wick. How's Halo been? Oh yeah I remember! Eric Nylund; the last, best hope for the series fiction left 343i, presumably disgusted with how the canon turned out.

Fucking disaster.

Top Bottom