• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Gui_PT

You really think they'll bother with twitter feedback?

If they do it'll just be convenient stuff and not really things they need to accept they did wrong

We pretty much all said prelaunch.

AA's = Bad
Perks = Bad
Unequal Starts = Bad
Non cosmetic unlocks = Bad
Ridiculous OHK Power Weapons = Bad
Killstreaks = Bad

Halo 4 launched with all of these, I Understand 343i wanted to make their Halo but after the reception Reach got by adding a fraction of these things how they thought this was a good idea I'll never know.

For me the richochet DLC reinforced that they simply wont listen, They added more perks to the game!.

On a side note cutting features from past titles like Firefigh(!) campaign theater and scoring is terrible as is forge's loss of the fine touch placement. Even minor things like Easter Eggs being weapon drops. As much as a I enjoyed the Campaign I just struggle to believe Halo 5 will be anything different.

A small wish list would be

Bring Back Firefight
Make Spartan Ops better
Scoring for Campaign, SpOps and Firefight
Theater for Campaign
Take the MP back to Halo 2 and build from that. Make sure players start equally and that the gameplay is fast and competetive.
Halo4GC was pretty outstanding keep deliverly content like that to the Dashboard.

Gui_PT

Your mam won't

Makes sense

Edit:
So since Halo 4 is annoying/frustrating to play I thought "hey, let's get max rank in Reach"

I need 3022630 credits for max rank
Considering Firefight is probably where you get the most credits, with an average of 7000 credits per match, I need to play about 431 matches of firefight.

At about 15 minutes each, that's 6477 minutes which is equals about 108 hours.

Nope.

something something Halo...

I don't know why I'd post this in here, but here you guys go. I kinda tried to kill myself...

Trying to get the kids off to school so I didnt read the other thread. You posted this in 2 spots though. I might be one of the elder posters here on GAF and in all seriousness you should go talk to someone. Even if you feel better getting to that point is serious. Also see your doctor, make sure there are no meds are diet changes screwing with you.

Makes sense

Edit:
So since Halo 4 is annoying/frustrating to play I thought "hey, let's get max rank in Reach"

I need 3022630 credits for max rank
Considering Firefight is probably where you get the most credits, with an average of 7000 credits per match, I need to play about 431 matches of firefight.

At about 15 minutes each, that's 6477 minutes which is equals about 108 hours.

Nope.

According to HaloTracker it will take me 6.5 Years to hit Inheritor. :(

That said I haven't played Reach in months so I am actually surprised my average credits per day is still relatively high. If I played the game as much as I have been playing GTA I reckon I could hit Inheritor in a reasonable timeframe.

The problem would be keeping that amount of gametime up and the fact that I would rather just play GTA lol.

Gui_PT

Hey bobs, take a look at this:
10018672564_22dfbc1003_c.jpg

BAAAAAARF

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dude in the front vaguely looks like Halo 5 chief, poncho and all

edit: lol, people in the thread for it feel the same.

Hey bobs, take a look at this:
10018672564_22dfbc1003_c.jpg

BAAAAAARF

You know the Exorcist with that girl who turns her head all the way backwards.

Thats all I see.

There's a gif that would suit this post perfectly but I cant find it.

EDIT: On closer inspection thats the back of his helmet, thing looks like a Halo style visor!

G17

Can't wait for the new gameplay trailer tomorrow. Sounds like the beta will also be announced.

Would be quite sad if the beta is only for ps3/ps4 users. I'm expecting it though. :/

Fotos

Can't wait for the new gameplay trailer tomorrow. Sounds like the beta will also be announced.

Would be quite sad if the beta is only for ps3/ps4 users. I'm expecting it though. :/

I don't think it would only be on PlayStation. If it is actually a beta and they are taking feedback than they will most likely have one on Xbox.

This should've been the cover.

Simple, mysterious, and foreboding. It invites people to find out what it's about if they don't already know.

Trying to get the kids off to school so I didnt read the other thread. You posted this in 2 spots though. I might be one of the elder posters here on GAF and in all seriousness you should go talk to someone. Even if you feel better getting to that point is serious. Also see your doctor, make sure there are no meds are diet changes screwing with you.

You should read the thread, it makes a lot more sense after you read it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I really don't see Halo 3 being made free on XBL moving the needle very much at all. Maybe for a day or two. I don't expect my friends list to be suddenly filled with H3. Almost everyone on my list already has the game.

FINALLY!

I'll definitely be playing Halo 3 to the launch of the Xbox One. Hopefully I can get through most of my backlog by the time it's free.

Gui_PT

I hope they make a title update for H3 to implement sprint on A, perks and armor abilities because without those things it's just not halo

Obscured

I really don't see Halo 3 being made free on XBL moving the needle very much at all. Maybe for a day or two. I don't expect my friends list to be suddenly filled with H3. Almost everyone on my list already has the game.

It'd be nice to see a bump, but this is kind of what I expect as well. For me personally I know being able to just boot it up would make me more likely to play it more often, but I'd guess I'll see the same impact on my friend's list as on 9/25, which was just me playing.

FyreWulff

Should be halo 3 mythic

Halo 3 Mythic will probably never be made available for two reasons: they want people to buy DLC, and also the bug in the 360 UI they never fixed that would bug it out if you happened to have both Halo 3 and Halo 3 Mythic on your HDD.

If you don't remember, people that have GonD Reach and the Anniversary disc in the drive will end up going into Anniversary Reach demo if they attempt to launch Reach, because they have the same title ID. Which means if we ever see Anniversary digitally, they'll probably excise the Reach demo side of it.

Madness

Didn't Ken Levine say that unless they have like some guy with a gun on the box art of a game, it just doesn't sell as well? (for Bioshock Infinite).

We all know what Destiny is, but little Timmy who's used to tanks, helicopters, and men with guns on the cover won't really pay attention just browsing the aisles.

I wonder why aren't they announcing it for PC? The next gen versions could be ported, add a little more polish etc. Best way to introduce a new shooter series, get it on as many platforms as possible. The PC'ers would go wild with all the customization, traveling and mods.

Didn't Ken Levine say that unless they have like some guy with a gun on the box art of a game, it just doesn't sell as well? (for Bioshock Infinite).

We all know what Destiny is, but little Timmy who's used to tanks, helicopters, and men with guns on the cover won't really pay attention just browsing the aisles.
We can still critique/poke fun at the specific implementation.
There have been better "dudes with guns" covers.

Finally. Been loving Halo 3 lately so any population boost will be appreciated. Will 343 be the amazing, we'll-love-and-care-for-all-the-Halo-games-like-they're-our-own company they promised they would when they told us they were just getting started? A playlist consolidation is now or never for Halo 3.

While I'm a believer of redemption not hitting the snooze button, that's how I feel about 343's next Halo game. Do or die, both as a franchise and as a developer.

The next Halo game will tell us everything we need to know about 343/Microsoft at the helm of the franchise and its future.

If at launch Halo fans need to find reasons for any shortcomings that have also been issues with previous installments, then there will be no hope for Halo reaching that top spot again. For example, if there is still lag in FF or if we still don't have any options other than Matchmaking to match up with randoms, then that will tell us these weren't decisions made early on during the development process. That being said, the most telling aspects of the game will certainly be design decisions (ie: Camo AA) because that's a direct indication of 343's vision, whereas lag in FF could be attributed to lack of talent/experience (which are not acceptable excuses anymore for consistent problems IMO).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Bungie would ditch that ugly Destiny logo. Or stop insisting on putting it on all Destiny promotional material and merchandise at least.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Who's getting the BF4 beta tomorrow? I have 2 major tests Wednesday that I have to study for, but I'll get in a few games.

GTA Online sounds fun too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Aw yiss

I'll be on around 3:30 tomorrow (9:30 PM Elzar's time I think) but you dudes can just tweet me or something if you want to play. Goon squad all dayyyy

Nebula

Halo 4 was that "Do or Die" game in my eyes. Reach was the huge knockback that the franchise needed to recover from. Halo 4 set it back even further. Recovery at this point would be a miracle.

It's most likely going to sell well though, which is all that seems to matter when it comes to Halo.

Top Bottom