• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

Thanks for the comments guys. I've got a Thunderbolt Shuttle. Finally figured out the right settings to capture but for whatever reason they only offer uncompressed 8 and 10 bit QuickTime video as my import--I can still import SD with no dropped frames but it dies trying to transfer to a 5400rpm (no duh) or 7200. Blackmagic hasn't bothered to release drivers for any new Mac apps either so I might have to dig up an old copy of Final Cut so I have some control over capture presets that way... Should be able to stream ProRes.

Gui_PT

Still don't understand why people would buy this.

Even if they buy it for all the maps, they'll have a hard time actually finding them in MM and let's not forget the playlists are like ghost towns

Fuchsdh

Still don't understand why people would buy this.

Even if they buy it for all the maps, they'll have a hard time actually finding them in MM and let's not forget the playlists are like ghost towns
Maybe they play LANs like God intended for his creatures.

Fuck it, this is technically HaloGAF-relevant. I made an emblem for our GTAO crew:

03e9ee4226233867882f80bcc862056e31320f51_512.png

It features zero bloom, X's on death and OG teams. Wahurrurur does what 343 indon'tstries

Put in the HolaGAF thread. #Kappa

It's a sad time, Breaking Bad is DAD, Halo is DAD, the Gov't is DAD. Everything is dading.

I'll probably end up getting it. Not to play online or anything, but just to complete my collection for the inevitable replay through the series before Halo 5 is released.

In that case could you give me the avatar code? =B

Also I have all DLC maps unless its a physical disc with all the DLC, can help me to save more space.

343i should care about fansites outside of the US. It's kinda shame, that theres no interaction between the big european fancommunities and 343i, but individuals who do nothing for the Fancommunity all are supported so big :/

At least in germany the current state is really disappointing from a pov of big fansite. I know how Acti treats their fansites and they do a really great job in this point.

Tawpgun

343i should care about fansites outside of the US. It's kinda shame, that theres no interaction between the big european fancommunities and 343i, but individuals who do nothing for the Fancommunity all are supported so big :/

At least in germany the current state is really disappointing from a pov of big fansite. I know how Acti treats their fansites and they do a really great job in this point.

What do you mean, they interact with Hyper all the time!

Fuchsdh

They had the big UK shindig and the German launch event as well.

I dunno how much 343i can do themselves since they are American, though--it's always going to be tougher to be a fan of media that's dominant in another language.

Hopefully for those fans MS' interest in chasing Europe this gen might result in more attention though.

Exactly, they interact with him really great, already got that. But why not treat the fansites with hundeds of members and the people behind them, who invest their money und time into bring all that halo news to the germans fans, like that instead of ingoring them?

Tawpgun

Exactly, they interact with him really great, already got that. But why not treat the fansites with hundeds of members and the people behind them, who invest their money und time into bring all that halo news to the germans fans, like that instead of ingoring them?
Hyper is your official ambassador ask him

Conor 419

Banned
Got made secretary of the University's 'Mental Health Matters' society, I'm gonna like, make coffee for the president and file her work n' shit.

Nebula

I played more Reach than any video game in my life. I... I'm not sure what that means but I think it means something. It might mean nothing.

But it might mean something.

Or nothing.

tittiesprinkles

I think Halo 3 holds that for me. Maybe one of the Call of Duties. Pretty positive it's Halo 3 though as I've not hit anywhere near as many kills in any other game and Halo kills tend to take longer than CoD kills.

Uh top of page...

4koEwTt.gif

Thanks for the comments guys. I've got a Thunderbolt Shuttle. Finally figured out the right settings to capture but for whatever reason they only offer uncompressed 8 and 10 bit QuickTime video as my import--I can still import SD with no dropped frames but it dies trying to transfer to a 5400rpm (no duh) or 7200. Blackmagic hasn't bothered to release drivers for any new Mac apps either so I might have to dig up an old copy of Final Cut so I have some control over capture presets that way... Should be able to stream ProRes.

A couple of quick pointers for capturing mate (sound like you'd know them anyhow):

1. Ensure your capture HDD is separate to your operating system and in use applications drive. I recommend an SSD as your OS drive and HDD as your capture drive.

2. Go for 10,000 rpm with 32mb cache. 15,000 rpm if you want to splash out.

3. Go for SATA3 3Gb or 6Gb write speeds unless you want to shell out for a separate RAID/HDD controller setup, which is superior in performance to standard motherboard HDD controllers.

4. Look for a low access time HDD e.g. WD black caviar is popular with home and prosumer capturing.

5. If it's an older drive ensure a low level format, error check and defrag are run to clean up the drive, mark bad sectors and optimise its writing performance.

Then post some Halo video content so we have some shit to watch in these threads
pretty please

Fuchsdh

A couple of quick pointers for capturing mate (sound like you'd know them anyhow):

1. Ensure your capture HDD is separate to your operating system and in use applications drive. I recommend an SSD as your OS drive and HDD as your capture drive.

2. Go for 10,000 rpm with 32mb cache. 15,000 rpm if you want to splash out.

3. Go for SATA3 3Gb or 6Gb write speeds unless you want to shell out for a separate RAID/HDD controller setup, which is superior in performance to standard motherboard HDD controllers.

4. Look for a low access time HDD e.g. WD black caviar is popular with home and prosumer capturing.

5. If it's an older drive ensure a low level format, error check and defrag are run to clean up the drive, mark bad sectors and optimise its writing performance.

Then post some Halo video content so we have some shit to watch in these threads
pretty please

Lawl. I didn't even realize they made 10k rpm HDDs with a SATA interface.

What sucks is that I bought myself an old machine as a stopgap until Apple ships the next-gen Mac Pros. I could plunk down $200 to get a Blackmagic Intensity PCI card for my old Mac Pro and capture to my SSD, but I'm going to get rid of that computer within a year or two. My mini could get upped from its 5400RPM stock to a SSD, but that would entail shipping it to professionals and adding $99 for installation since I'm not going to pry off all its antennas, connectors, and disassemble it down to the logic board to have a go at swapping its drives myself. Decisions, decisions...

Lawl. I didn't even realize they made 10k rpm HDDs with a SATA interface.

What sucks is that I bought myself an old machine as a stopgap until Apple ships the next-gen Mac Pros. I could plunk down $200 to get a Blackmagic Intensity PCI card for my old Mac Pro and capture to my SSD, but I'm going to get rid of that computer within a year or two. My mini could get upped from its 5400RPM stock to a SSD, but that would entail shipping it to professionals and adding $99 for installation since I'm not going to pry off all its antennas, connectors, and disassemble it down to the logic board to have a go at swapping its drives myself. Decisions, decisions...

If on MAC what is wrong with a firewire external drive for capturing? Then you can keep it and use it on your next mac pro as well. Some of those external drives have access times of 5.5ms and sustained write speed over 750Mb/sec. Should be good to go mate.

Fuchsdh

If on MAC what is wrong with a firewire external drive for capturing? Then you can keep it and use it on your next mac pro as well. Some of those external drives have access times of 5.5ms and sustained write speed over 750Mb/sec. Should be good to go mate.

Not sure if FW800 is a good enough connector. Best I've seen for real-world speeds is 90-100MB/s, but I defer to you in these matters, yea or nay-- FW800 SSD w/ 16MB cache--good enough for lossless HD?

He quit playing a long time ago. Dude is a good caster. He should stick to COD full time though if he wants work.

Like i've said before Halo's going down like the Titanic. Most have jumped ship already and moved on. I just can't play any other video games and have fun. It's Halo or nothing. So I just play whatever Halo game my last remaining Halo friends are playing when I sign on. Sometimes it's Reach, on occasion Halo 3, but mostly Halo 4.

I'm going down with the Halo ship and my few remaining friends that still play it. Games like DOTA and LoL are too nerdy and Asian kids run it. COD is a poor mans FPS and popular with the fat, mouth breeding causal American type and prepubescent teens. The people you see wearing sport's team jerseys in public play COD. Casuals that want easy gameplay.

Destiny won't be much different either.

Halo had a good run.

RIP

2242102-gamer-gifs-i-know-that-feel-bro.gif

No matter what, I will never quit Halo. I will always be hopeful that they've learned their lessons and will make the best one unquestionably better than most of its predecessors.

Chin up man, one day we'll get Halo back.
..with the H1 Magnum.

Top Bottom