• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Why would you need an online pass when it's 5 bucks on the Xbox Marketplace? :p

Starting the Campaign. Even though I'm playing on widescreen mode, there's still letterboxing. D:

I dunno I thought you still needed a code even if you bought it digitally. I usually buy all physical.

Madness

"Halo 4 will always be better than Halo 3 because Halo 3 doesn't have jet packs."...

Some guy wrote that in a Halo gaming side thread about sales. Sigh.

gAg CruSh3r

"Halo 4 will always be better than Halo 3 because Halo 3 doesn't have jet packs."...

pD3EQ.gif

Omni

:lol

Its not my fault some of you guys can't seem to look *up*, much less shoot *up* at the player with the unmistakably loud jetpack in the air, devoid of any cover and exposed to half the map, moving in an easily predictable arc. Jetpack wearers take tremendous risks and make for easy targets to pop out of the sky.

Never saw the problem. Jetpacks have also been in the lore from the beginning, and Halo Reach finally brought 'em into the mix, thankfully. Designers who don't want to consider the movement possibilities inherent in a game with jetpacks should stick to designing levels for games without them.

Fuchsdh

Most people? No. League still dominates in terms of population and success.

DoTA 2 is still in Valve's forever beta too. Don't imagine it can really challenge LoL unless it's available to everyone.

Pretty amazing how many DoTA clones have been out there though. HoN, Demigod, etc.

I hope they put Spartan Assault on the Surfaces at Microsoft stores. Might be my only chance to play it for a while.

m23

So, do we have any guesses about what may be announced at RTX?

It has something to do with Halo 4 right? I wouldn't expect anything much. I don't think they'd want to release a new map pack at this point, confirmed no more spartan ops, not a big enough event to announce a next gen port of Halo 4.

No idea, but honestly I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The real problem with Jetpack is that is eschews the map geometry to allow the user to pretty much go wherever the fuck they want. 343 should have ditched it completely and given the Thruster pack more leeway to do physics-based movements like wall and double-jumping.

Actually, thruster pack should have taken the place of sprint and every other AA in the game. That alone would give 343 their stamp on the game to the possible delight of everyone everywhere.

Not sure what Frank is wearing the panel so I can't rule out number 3, but no Spartan Ops announce.
Ah well. It was a fool's hope. :)

wwm0nkey

DoTA 2 is still in Valve's forever beta too. Don't imagine it can really challenge LoL unless it's available to everyone.

Pretty amazing how many DoTA clones have been out there though. HoN, Demigod, etc.

I hope they put Spartan Assault on the Surfaces at Microsoft stores. Might be my only chance to play it for a while.
DoTA2 is free to everyone now.

Shadders

When Fable 3 went free it rose to the place below Halo 4 in the most played charts. It's reasonable to think Halo 3 could see a boost too.

When Fable 3 went free it rose to the place below Halo 4 in the most played charts. It's reasonable to think Halo 3 could see a boost too.
It most certainly will see -A- boost, it can't not.

As for how high it might rise, who knows. People may have been intrigued by something they hadn't played (Fable 3), but Halo 3 is much more well know, well regarded and has been specifically expected as part of this promotion in a way Fable 3 wasn't.

I wonder if they're downscaled the infrastructure to where the population bump might be a problem?

So...if they really want to promote Halo 4, it should probably go free for a short period? And have a nice new and attractive DLC pack out to get some cashflow? Actually, that may be reasonable if not a bit crazy for MS.

wwm0nkey

Fable 3 is bad. Halo 3 is good. It will definitely get a population boost.

Still don't think Fable 3 is bad....well the "end game" is horrible at least.

Also I think Halo 3 will get a pretty big boost. A lot of peoples first Halo game was Reach and Halo 4 and its free so some older members will hop back on too.

FyreWulff

It probably helps that the two most popular playlists don't require DLC. Or does Team Slayer require Heroic? I forget.

Social Slayer doesn't require any DLC for sure.

Shadders

So...if they really want to promote Halo 4, it should probably go free for a short period? And have a nice new and attractive DLC pack out to get some cashflow? Actually, that may be reasonable if not a bit crazy for MS.

I imagine they're still selling too many copies to justify making it free just yet. Maybe if there was some sort of paid expansion, or Spartan Ops 2 (unlikely), but at present they're not going to want to turn down the money it will still be generating.

Top Bottom