• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

DoTA2 is free to everyone now.
Last I checked they still hadn't allowed everyone to simply join, they're still doing this slow rollout. And there's no Mac client either, which is pretty stupid considering its been on limited release for more than two years and its been promised for longer. I'm pretty sure Valve has moved too slowly to best LoL at this point though. It's pretty crazy how popular it is especially for a PC title.

That's definitely why a single free to play version of Halo on PC would make sense to me. Port over maps from the entire library over time, offer weapon skins and armor as paid content.

wwm0nkey

Last I checked they still hadn't allowed everyone to simply join, they're still doing this slow rollout. And there's no Mac client either, which is pretty stupid considering its been on limited release for more than two years and its been promised for longer. I'm pretty sure Valve has moved too slowly to best LoL at this point though. It's pretty crazy how popular it is especially for a PC title.

That's definitely why a single free to play version of Halo on PC would make sense to me. Port over maps from the entire library over time, offer weapon skins and armor as paid content.

I have a invite if you don't want to wait lol
(invites are also being sold for $0.01 on the market)

Also that is exactly how I see a Free to Play Halo game working, nothing came altering but A LOT of cosmetic items and also have the co-op like PSO as well and have a Firefight mode thrown in there to get loot which is also just cosmetics.

Omni

I played every game in the Assassin's Creed series except II. was it good?
It's the best. When it finally comes, make sure you find and unlock all the bits to Altair's armour. So badass.

Think I might go through it again before the gen is over. Never got around to completing the DLC.

BigShow36

When Fable 3 went free it rose to the place below Halo 4 in the most played charts. It's reasonable to think Halo 3 could see a boost too.

That's because Fable III was a much less played game when it was originally released. Every who wanted to has already played Halo 3. Sure, it might get an incremental boost, but if every is so desperate to play Halo 3, they already would be with their existing disks.

Omni

Correction, Brotherhood is the best AC.
I think it's easy to agree that all in all, the Ezio trilogy is the best in the series. Revelations is kinda poo gameplay wise, but the story is pretty awesome (alongside Assassin's Creed Embers to finish his arc completely
dem feels :(

Baffling what they did in III. IV doesn't look too much better either.

I couldn't get myself to finish ACII. Even tried to start from the beginning when I had some time off, but got bored fast. meh

edit: oh, right. this is the Halo thread. YAY RTX!!!!!

Fuchsdh

I have a invite if you don't want to wait lol
(invites are also being sold for $0.01 on the market)

Also that is exactly how I see a Free to Play Halo game working, nothing came altering but A LOT of cosmetic items and also have the co-op like PSO as well and have a Firefight mode thrown in there to get loot which is also just cosmetics.

Having just one long-running title to support on PC doesn't seem like it would detract from the console released either. Still that's all predicated on them doing it :p

I'd consider it the second best, it's definitely worth playing.

It's sort of weird that Assassin's Creed has such a big following. I feel that AC II and Brotherhood are the only two good ones.

Great premise and approachable gameplay (that isn't COD clone #423) backed by fantastic marketing.

Heh, if you register for the virgin gaming tournament on Halo Waypoint you get the avatar tshirt that people got for getting to level 30 in that DLC playlist. Sucks for the people that worked for that lol.

Shadders

That's because Fable III was a much less played game when it was originally released. Every who wanted to has already played Halo 3. Sure, it might get an incremental boost, but if every is so desperate to play Halo 3, they already would be with their existing disks.

I get what you're saying, but I think you might be underestimating how old Halo 3 is. If someone is 16 now, they would have been 10 when Halo 3 came out. To you or I who were adults when it launched, it may not seem that long ago, but there will be a whole lot of people who never got to play it first time around.

So I guess what I'm saying is, get on Halo 3 when it's free and it will be full of screaming kids.

Mix

Oh God that HD Destiny. I asked DeeJ and Urk almost 2000000 times if Bungie would be at RTX at all and I got no answer in return ho hum, I just want to talk to those guys, tell 'em how excited I am for the game.

Also, Frankie, check yo PMs

Striker

The grav-lift and radar jammer, if any. The others halt gameplay and kills objective modes (at least what's currently left of it).

Items like those on a 30-second deployment, can be destroyed if shot, and have a 2-3 minute respawn (unlike what they did in Halo 3), it wouldn't be too bad. Map specifics, so you don't over do it along with Invis and OS.

Well Equipment's way better than Armor Abilities

The grav-lift and radar jammer, if any. The others halt gameplay and kills objective modes (at least what's currently left of it).

Items like those on a 30-second deployment, can be destroyed if shot, and have a 2-3 minute respawn (unlike what they did in Halo 3), it wouldn't be too bad. Map specifics, so you don't over do it along with Invis and OS.

Grav lift was the best.

Halo 3 was phenomenal, the implementation of the equipment wasn't perfect, but it was much better than AAs. Grav Lift was god tier.

Thanks for all the feedback, GAF!

It just clicked today and had me questioning, "Why not add them? How would they adapt with Halo 4? Would they still work in newer Halos? Etc."

Seeing everyones opinions about them now really puts a smile haha =)

So from the "PasteBin" shared on GAF earlier today regarding Halo 5...

Multiplayer:
Split between two categories.
Halo Wararena ist basically Halo 2 reloaded. No loadouts, no armor abilites and perks.
Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ;) ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball....
Static weapon spawns, more weapons on map which means more ammo, weapons wont respawn as quick as in Halo 4
The seconds multiplayer categorie is titles Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).
Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.
Custom Loadouts, "armor abilites" (more like class abilites), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins

Thats it for the moment. Just a small glimpse into what you will eventually play in November 2014.

Omg, it's sublime! Sooooooooo goooood. Is Halo saved guys? What's that on the horizon? Is it the return of true Halo?

Probably fake but I want to believe!

Seriously, if this is legitimate, then my hype for Halo 5 is now at an all time high. I truly believe this is the return of Halo, hell I will gladly let Classic Halo and New Halo exist together, "Halo Battlefield" sounds like fun. Please be true, I want to believe in you 343.

Omni

Why anyone is willing to "believe in 343i" again after Halo 4 is beyond me. As far as I'm concerned, I gave them the benefit of the doubt with Halo 4 and they absolutely blew it. And Christ, I don't even know how. After Reach, many, many, many people were vocal with their complaints about AAs and all that nonsense. All it would have taken is someone to listen to the community. Not the Call of Duty community, the damn Halo one.

Yes, I'm kinda excited about the next Halo (as if Halo 4 alone didnt sour my interest enough, Spartan Ops's convoluted travesty of a storyline lessened any hope I had for the future). No, I absolutely do not trust 343i to not screw it up again.

I apologise for the negativity. Will lay off it for a while... No one likes to read it constantly.

Nowise10

If what i'm getting at, is the guy is asking if we would want Armor Abilities AND Equipment in then next Halo. Then no, what would that change?

If Hes asking if we just want equipment back in Halo 5 with no Abilities, then Im all for it. Equipment in Halo 3 were pretty balanced. They spawned on the map and were fair game to get for all players, and were basically like a one time use weapon spawning on the map.

Heh, if you register for the virgin gaming tournament on Halo Waypoint you get the avatar tshirt that people got for getting to level 30 in that DLC playlist. Sucks for the people that worked for that lol.

I didnt even reach CSR 2 in that playlist, It was imposible with randoms

Madness

Just wanted to say Assassins Creed 2 was amazing. All I had left was to get all 100 feathers but I was at like 79 and fed up.

The setting was nailed perfectly as was the story. Just making me think about it, I'd say it's a top 5 game this gen. Easily surpassed the first in almost every way. I loved reading every bit about renaissance Italy, the architecture etc.

Loved Brotherhood too, story wasn't as great or detailed. Revelations was boring, and Assassins Creed 3 is just a chore to play.

Lazslo

Just jumped on Halo 3 and I've noticed that I keep getting Snowbound, it's my most hated Halo MP ever ever. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the cache system or what but it's ruining this master piece of a game for me.

Also Join me if you're looking to play H3

darthbob

Just jumped on Halo 3 and I've noticed that I keep getting Snowbound, it's my most hated Halo MP ever ever. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the cache system or what but it's ruining this master piece of a game for me.

Also Join me if you're looking to play H3

Still better than Isolation.

Top Bottom