• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

IHaveIce

Banned
There's kind of 2 sides to the coin. On one end if what's best of the competitive scene is to go back to Halo 3 (TBD, we don't know how it will work out) then cool. If that's what people enjoy watching and playing the most then that's what should be in tournaments. However, on the other side it's kind of a slap in the face of 343 because of all the effort and money they've put into the competitive scene with Halo 4. Halo4 GC being the biggest one there.

Well I would say let's go back to Halo 2 or Halo CE to also give Bungie a slap in the face, but those have no working online custom system anymore for scrims, and they look awful being streamed.

We got a slap in the face with Halo 4, I wouldn't be that sad to give 343 the slap back.

There's kind of 2 sides to the coin. On one end if what's best of the competitive scene is to go back to Halo 3 (TBD, we don't know how it will work out) then cool. If that's what people enjoy watching and playing the most then that's what should be in tournaments. However, on the other side it's kind of a slap in the face of 343 because of all the effort and money they've put into the competitive scene with Halo 4. Halo4 GC being the biggest one there.
I.. that doesn't seem fair either.
I'm guessing it's not like these guys haven't tried to get into Halo 4, like us here.
And if after trying and sticking with it this long they aren't happy, they should be well within their rights to go be competitive in something they enjoy more.

A slap in the face seems like an unfair way of putting it, but it's certainly a sad reality.
However that's not a feeling unfamilar to the past 11 months that the game has been out.

Hopefully onwards and upwards. Hopefully.

Duji

Random BR spread aside, people want to go back to the lag fest that is H3? I go back to that game and seriously have no idea how I was able to play it all those years back.

Random BR spread aside, people want to go back to the lag fest that is H3? I go back to that game and seriously have no idea how I was able to play it all those years back.

It's not that bad. There is the occasional laggy match but generally it's pretty smooth when I've played lately.

Srsly. If I were picking a thing to fall back on, it would be ZB DMRs in Reach.

Obscured

It's not that bad. There is the occasional laggy match but generally it's pretty smooth when I've played lately.

I tried a few months back and it was terrible. But gave it a shot at the end of Sept and it was pretty great. I'm hoping when it goes free in a bit over a week maybe we'll see some increase in the player count.

IHaveIce

Banned

LAN tournaments. Not online playlists.

The last MLG Reach would also be ok, though I never will go back to watch grey forge maps.

Fuchsdh

I agree with that. MLG Reach was awesome.

I do really like the feel of the DMR compared to the BR in Reach and 4. I personally wouldn't have minded just making the DMR 2x and cutting the BR in 4. Dedis I suppose would make a burst weapon less critical as well.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I.. that doesn't seem fair either.
I'm guessing it's not like these guys haven't tried to get into Halo 4, like us here.
And if after trying and sticking with it this long they aren't happy, they should be well within their rights to go be competitive in something they enjoy more.

A slap in the face seems like an unfair way of putting it, but it's certainly a sad reality.
However that's not a feeling unfamilar to the past 11 months that the game has been out.

Hopefully onwards and upwards. Hopefully.

Yea, it's just a shitty situation all around.

Blueblur1

You say slap in the face but is anyone obligated to play any particular game? No. So while it may suck for them people should still play whatever they like.

Now that EazyB has revived and ascended to God Tier in HGS, it's only fair that Dax gets a freebie back into GAF. It's kinda bullshit considering some of the HGS higher-ups have been assholes towards her meaning she doesn't really have a community left beyond Twitter now.

Meh Dax has been kind of a dick in the past. Whenever people here would get banned she'd say "Good Riddance" and post shit on Twitter about how happy it made her. Myself and others who I wont name included.

So yea...I wonder why HGS possibly could have a problem with Dax?

Dax has single-handedly gotten people here banned. If you don't like what somebody's saying just put them on ignore or just skip reading the post. There's just no reason to fuck with someones livelihood of being a GAF poster. Some people take a GAF membership serious and do enjoy being here, so it sucks not being able to. So you relish in their ban? For shame.

So with that said, I want to be better than that, I do hope Dax is eventually unpermabanned.

Looking at her post count and # of tweets per day though. I highly urge her to seek a means of living less online and more outside in real life.

Duji

This is what you said at the end of Nov (which is ample enough time to form an opinion on the game):
I know I'm on the unpopular side of Halo 4, I actually like 90-95% of what is there.

and this is what you're saying now regarding H4 at launch. I edited out the non-launch points like your thoughts Crimson DLC, current playlists, etc.
Campaign = win
Graphics = win
Animation = win
Mission design = mixed
Story = win
Skulls & scoring = fail
Multiplayer at launch = fail
SPOPS = fail
SPOPS CGI/concept = win
OST = win
Audio mixing = fail
Lack of map/basic settings toggles = fail
JiP at launch = fail
Waypoint on flag & no dropping = fail

For someone who is constantly defending the current state of the game at least have some consistency.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You say slap in the face but is anyone obligated to play any particular game? No. So while it may suck for them people should still play whatever they like.

It sucks for everyone right now. We'll see the effects of it later. Only time will tell.

Ya'll wouldn't be getting banned if there was good Halo to obsessively play and talk about.

#BlameHalo

Exactly. 343 ate my hamster.

I wondered why people don't do this since the release of Halo 4 but hey... seems like those guys need a little more time to think.

I haven't played Halo 4 for months now (excepting one attempt which lasted two games). In retrospect I don't know why I played it for as long as I did. It was something of a revelation to go back to Halo 3 and find that hey... this is still very playable (if one sticks to Social Slayer). I used to balk when someone would suggest "Halo 3/Reach are still there, go and play them if you don't like the current game" and think every game would be a red bar lagmire but that's not the reality. If you enjoyed Halo 3 first time round (yes you Booshka and Big Show!) then I'd implore you to go back to it and give it another real chance. Not saying there isn't lag and BS present sometimes but it took me 5-10 games to re-adjust to shot leading and the mechanics of the game, so don't write it off after one game (which I did at first). Glad to hear the pro's are going back to a real Halo game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can anyone apply for HGS?
todos miembros bienvenidos
1383658_663290637029180_294432931_n.jpg

Meh cover
I kinda like it.

This is what you said at the end of Nov (which is ample enough time to form an opinion on the game):

and this is what you're saying now regarding H4 at launch. I edited out the non-launch points like your thoughts Crimson DLC, current playlists, etc.

For someone who is constantly defending the current state of the game at least have some consistency.

If you look at the scale of those points at least 3 are minor with little weighting mate. I think I've been pretty close to the 90%, now probably closer to 80%.

They focus tested the first draft of Halo 5 Campaign with 12 year olds and realized that they didn't have the maturity to cope with that serious of a loss, so they are bringing her back to life in Halo 5.

You mean they will miraculously create another computer AI that looks like her? What will they think of next.

Mix

Halo 3 is indisputably the most popular competitive Halo in History.

yes

Halo 3 was a great Halo game. It had the multiplayer, a great campaign and post launch support out the ass. I loved it and spent countless hours playing it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
They focus tested the first draft of Halo 5 Campaign with 12 year olds and realized that they didn't have the maturity to cope with that serious of a loss, so they are bringing her back to life in Halo 5.

Can't wait to see Cortana brought back as the Didact's puppet. Gotta get dat heart wrenching emotion. Chief must choose between saving the galaxy or his best pal.

Then again, I was satisfied enough with Halo 4's ending (not the Didact stuff), so whatever.

edit: vvv quit moving goalposts

daedalius

Rank your favorite halos. Then post your Internet speed. Oh, and AR or BR?

Well obviously the horribly inconsistent BR that refunds you bullets because of bad netcode and isn't hitscan is totally my favorite.

Halo 3 does have the best campaign. And at least it will be free... I guess.

Top Bottom