• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

So there actually a Mythic difficulty emblem in Halo 4, it unlocks after you complete the entire campaign in mythic and I only saw it in the console App.

GrizzNKev

Banned
This kind of attitude is why Microsoft thought they could get away with all that Xbox One BS.

My preference of game mechanics does not hold the same weight as the entire public fighting for consumer rights. I cried about it for months and I have nothing left to say.

Ok this is crazy talk. It's not your stuff. It's a copy of an entertainment property intended for mass consumption. Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion on the direction the franchise should go or even that you aren't right, but self-entitlement is bullshit and unwarranted. You're a consumer. You choose to buy and play or not.

Yes cause I call my friends up and ask if they want to come over and play my newest copy of entertainment property intended for mass consumption literally everyday.

I get what you are saying, but you are also sort of wrong, because the consumer has say in the product too. I have a right to speak freely and discuss why I don't like a product I bought. Thats not even an American right, you can do that almost anywhere!

Its not self-entitlement, its me wanting a future game that fits more ideally with my wants, so I speak out about these wants. If everyone did the same, we'd probably get a better game!

See we give information to the developer on what we want. They of course have their own vision, which is nice and cute, buts its wrong. Ultimately if we could just contract out our own idea of a game it would be better FOR us. Thats never going to happen though so at least if we sit here and bitch maybe certain elements might make it into the final product.

My preference of game mechanics does not hold the same weight as the entire public fighting for consumer rights. I cried about it for months and I have nothing left to say.

Yea but the people are out there! You ever read the Halo in gaming side threads other than the main Halo threads? People laughing at Halo non-stop. Halo 4 has seen about a ~92% dropoff of MP players... Thats a HUGE number, were at a time where Halo is making the wrong decisions and you and I are on the right side!

You're looking at the specifics, the same basic principal of making a big enough stink about something to incite change applies.

Madness

We have every right to complain about the game or the direction the series is taking. It's not self entitlement. As consumers of said product, it's out right to demand a certain quality or experience, and for the producers of this product, it's their right to make it how they ultimately want. But it's a give and take by both parties.

Sometimes silence is implied consent. I'm pretty sure many folks would prefer not to say anything about Xbox One drm policies. Some were even happy. But the majority were not. They complained loudly, they voted with their wallets during pre order times and what happened? Microsoft caved. They went back on everything they spent the last 2 months talking about.

I can understand that it gets to a point where you're just staying the same stuff over and over, but it's not really a problem. You want fans to remain passionate. The worst thing that can happen is a decade long fan just doesn't care anymore and stops posting and we've had that happen here I guess.

All that said, I think 343 has shown to be more than listening. Halo 4 is pretty much set in stone at this point. You'll either play it or you won't. But there is no doubt the game is ten times better than it was at launch.

So there actually a Mythic difficulty emblem in Halo 4, it unlocks after you complete the entire campaign in mythic and I only saw it in the console App.
You're talking about the LASO emblem? Yeah, you have to beat all 8 missions with all 13 skulls on and then enter the code on the Waypoint app. I did it with my friend Viscount02 and it took the past 4 months. Very frustrating, but I'm trying to unlock all armor/emblems. Pretty annoyed that there are no Scorpion Tanks in matchmaking anymore considering there is specifically a commendation for that.

Aren't there scorpions on that one snow map in BTB? 2 of them to be exact.
You mean Vortex? When you say snow map, I think Longbow, and no, there were never any on that. Vortex has Wraiths, I believe. It seems they took out all of the Scorpion Tanks on the last update.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
You mean Vortex? When you say snow map, I think Longbow, and no, there were never any on that. Vortex has Wraiths, I believe. It seems they took out all of the Scorpion Tanks on the last update.

Wasn't there a discussion a few weeks back about how the addition of Scorpions on Longbow was bad?

IHaveIce

Banned

You are wrong, since the last update there are 2 Scorpions on Longbow, played yesterday on it, know it 100%

I was actually kidding haha. That wasn't supposed to be serious.

Yea I dunno how Barrow didnt catch that lol.

However its more of a philosophical business point when they say the customer is always right, it means just do whatever to make them happy, and you'll still have a customer in the future. It doesnt literally mean they are correct.

Like OK Franklinator bros are going to BK to get some Dub Cheeses. Franklinator likes his Dub Cheeses plain, no ketchup or pickle. However they go to order it and BK goes, nah you eat it with a pickle and ketchup or you dont eat it. Thats the comparable service we're getting from 343i. No bend. It wouldn't fly in other industries. In the gaming industry however, we are "entitled-gamers". A ludicrous completely made up bullshit term.

Ghazi

Yeah, Longbow, that's what it was.

Also, be sure to get the commendation for shade turrets in Meltdown.
jk

Purplemage

Neo Member
Agreed on the customer service end, people are completely unaware that they are talking to another human being behind a counter. And juices, if you ever wanna go on a fix halo rant just find me on live. I certainly don't mind arguing about sprint and the many ways the game can be fixed.

CyReN

Wrong. Try working in customer service, a lot of wrong and stupid customers. A lot of them are outright liars too.

I worked black friday a few years back, I don't know how I lived.

For the AC talk: AC2 > ACB > ACR > AC3 > AC. I'm excited for the new one, the character looks good and the environments and more ship action will be big compared to 3.

Agreed on the customer service end, people are completely unaware that they are talking to another human being behind a counter. And juices, if you ever wanna go on a fix halo rant just find me on live. I certainly don't mind arguing about sprint and the many ways the game can be fixed.

I know I do have to get on Reach, I've been meaning to I really have just stuff is always getting in the way! Soon, maybe next week at night.I feel like last time we were arguing about what should be in Halo and everyone else got uncomfortable lol. I think that was the last time I played actually, I do like talking about that stuff though.

Omni

I miss when Assassins Creed was about the assassins, the assassin vs Templar conflict (first game is amazing in this regard. If only mission design was better) and combat that was all CQ and rather difficult. Not to mention stories that were interesting and full of conspiracies. Now it's all abut space Jesus(es?), the American revolution (which was painfully boring for anyone not American)) and pirates and guns.

Only thing that could redeem the series for me is if Ubisoft sets a game in Japan.

I miss when Assassins Creed was about the assassins, the assassin vs Templar conflict (first game is amazing in this regard. If only mission design was better) and combat that was all CQ and rather difficult. Not to mention stories that were interesting and full of conspiracies. Now it's all abut space Jesus(es?), the American revolution (which was painfully boring for anyone not American)) and pirates and guns.

Only thing that could redeem the series for me is if Ubisoft sets a game in Japan.

100% British and I actually enjoyed the American Revolution stuff (to a point)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Ninjas would make a much better assassin game than pirates.

Am American, can confirm that it was painfully boring for me too.
And I miss Assassins Creed being about that stuff too. :(

Have you installed to hard drive? By memory it's pretty solid framerate wise, no? I remember slight delays with checkpoints/loading points but it was the same in the original.

I had pretty rough framerates with it. Didn't install it to my hard drive though

Madness

I worked black friday a few years back, I don't know how I lived.

For the AC talk: AC2 > ACB > ACR > AC3 > AC. I'm excited for the new one, the character looks good and the environments and more ship action will be big compared to 3.

Lol, I had to work two boxing days in BC. Perhaps the worst days of my life. Plus I remember the Wii and PS3 launches too.

Omni

100% British and I actually enjoyed the American Revolution stuff (to a point)
Seriously?

To each their own, I guess. I'm Australian and I was bored to no ends. I think the four hour intro soured me a bit, but I just couldn't get interested in any of it. Though then again I consider the whole game to be a flop - from over simplified controls, extremely linear missions (in an open world game... wut), 'flat' characters and a uninteresting setting.

Purplemage

Neo Member
I know I do have to get on Reach, I've been meaning to I really have just stuff is always getting in the way! Soon, maybe next week at night.I feel like last time we were arguing about what should be in Halo and everyone else got uncomfortable lol. I think that was the last time I played actually, I do like talking about that stuff though.

I'll have to get you on 4 some time just to hear you have a rager. But yeah man, I'm on almost every night between Reach and 4 for a few games, let me know. I have no problem defending sprint and a few of the more reasonable AA's.

m23

Lol, I had to work two boxing days in BC. Perhaps the worst days of my life. Plus I remember the Wii and PS3 launches too.

I worked on Boxing Day at Futureshop back in 2007. Amazing year for gaming. I remember how many people I had to turn down asking for Wiis/Ps3s/360s and Guitar Hero. It was hectic, especially opening when people sprinted to the Laptop and TV sections.

HTupolev

Halo Anniversary runs pretty rough. How quickly did they throw this together?
According to one of the devs, about 1 year IIRC.

Have you installed to hard drive? By memory it's pretty solid framerate wise, no? I remember slight delays with checkpoints/loading points but it was the same in the original.
CEA suffers a heck of a lot more persistant stuttering than the original game, and Anniversary Mode feels like it has some extra input lag on top. The original game doesn't experience that sort of thing at all, but the rendering loads can shift suddenly and cause an occasional big spike.

I wonder if the long talked about playlist update for Halo 3 will come when the game is free on the 17th, probably not. I bought Witcher 2 on Live today, looking forward to re-playing that. I'm also thinking about getting Judgment tomorrow, but I think I'll hold of until it's even cheaper as I only want to play the campaign.

Ghazi

I wonder if the long talked about playlist update for Halo 3 will come when the game is free on the 17th, probably not. I bought Witcher 2 on Live today, looking forward to re-playing that. I'm also thinking about getting Judgment tomorrow, but I think I'll hold of until it's even cheaper as I only want to play the campaign.
Assassins Creed 2 is going to be free on the 17th, not Halo 3.

Top Bottom