• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

Swords in ranked lone wolves, yea this game doesn't need an update.

It's there because you have to be able to get Steppin' Razor, and that's basically the only legit way to do it. Blame Bungie for poor achievements.

Mister Chief avatar looks hilarious.

G17

I don't see why you guys are complaining. OG Halo 4 was $60 and GOTY Halo 4 is $40. That represents a decrease of twenty dollars - I could get my car washed or even get four cups of coffee with that. I don't understand why gamers are so entitled nowadays. Everything is advertised as-is and 343 has been nothing but straightforward with us about this release, and now you guys have the gall to complain about discounts? Fucking gamers, man.

Entitled gamers? Mostly everyone here paid $99 + tax/vat for a very disappointing season pass which was fully outsourced. I haven't touched Halo 4 since July but.. since the new round of maps/stances have not been included in the season pass, I can understand why a lot of people are negative towards any new edition of the game 343 is putting out.

Sure the new map pack is cheap, but that doesn't cancel out how much everyone overpaid for the limited edition.

Entitled gamers? Mostly everyone here paid $99 + tax/vat for a very disappointing season pass which was fully outsourced. I haven't touched Halo 4 since July but.. since the new round of maps/stances have not been included in the season pass, I can understand why a lot of people are negative towards any new edition of the game 343 is putting out.

Sure the new map pack is cheap, but that doesn't cancel out how much everyone overpaid for the limited edition.
pro-tip, don't take anything that guy says seriously.

Found out yesterday. Pissed my shit yo.
You failed me, 343. "Pre-order canceled"

Microsoft failed you. Technically.

Their management of Halo is borderline comical.

Back in 2008, GamesTM released a front cover article showcasing (to other publishers and readers) how Microsoft were successfully managing 'the most lucrative IP in gaming'

I hope there is a follow up to that article one day.

I'm not even remotely surprised. I'm not sure if they would've been able to, since the 2nd disc already has an 8 gig install on it, and i'm not sure if they could use a second install disc, maybe FyreWulff can shed some light on this.

They could bundle a DLC install disc in that worked like the Halo 2 map pack disc or the host of other DLC discs that installs the content to you're HDD but to save money they just added DLC codes. It's shitty but its pretty much 6 and 2 3's well it is until the content eventually gets pulled from the market placed and those wanted to have Halo 4 Lan events with DLC can't but people won't want to do that anyway.

They could bundle a DLC install disc in that worked like the Halo 2 map pack disc or the host of other DLC discs that installs the content to you're HDD but to save money they just added DLC codes. It's shitty but its pretty much 6 and 2 3's well it is until the content eventually gets pulled from the market placed and those wanted to have Halo 4 Lan events with DLC can't but people won't want to do that anyway.

Even AGL won't be able to use v5 settings at AGL10k because they haven't gotten the Bullseye codes from 343.

What's the whole story with this? 343 has a good relationship with AGL from what we've seen this year.

I'm not sure, I remember hearing on their stream last week that they still haven't got the codes, I'm not sure if that's been rectified, it's not been talked about a lot because not a lot of people care for the v5 settings (Ricochet's been proved to be a dividing topic and people don't care for Vertigo)

Without counting the first map pack was free to play and the LE went cheap in less than a month was really sad to be a LE owner.

Probably had a shit-load of unsold regular versions they wanted to offload.
Perhaps, but not in a way to indicate that Halo 4 underperformed sales wise, it did well enough.

I'm sure they've just printed so many copies. I know Wario was tweeting about being able to get Halo 4 regular for $10 some where recently.

Perhaps, but not in a way to indicate that Halo 4 underperformed sales wise, it did well enough.

I'm sure they've just printed so many copies. I know Wario was tweeting about being able to get Halo 4 regular for $10 some where recently.

Yup, most places I've seen its around £8-15 which is dirt cheap. If you compare that to call of duty for example its at the price point of MW2.

us gamers tho

CyReN

What's the whole story with this? 343 has a good relationship with AGL from what we've seen this year.

Ghost and Brad (AGL owner) reached out and 343 didn't give any from what I've heard.

Either way the competitive side seems really excited to play Halo 3 at this upcoming AGL, with the game being free and no codes it basically a perfect storm.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ghost and Brad (AGL owner) reached out and 343 didn't give any from what I've heard.

Either way the competitive side seems really excited to play Halo 3 at this upcoming AGL, with the game being free and no codes it basically a perfect storm.

Hmmm. Doesn't make sense that suddenly 343 wouldn't send maps. We'll see what happens though.

Enfinit

No one saw this reveal coming from Frankie...

Mister Chief XBL avatar

This is so, so hilariously stupid.

Awesome? Yes. Worth $2.99?

Absolutely.

Fucking.

Not.

But hey, I've spent a lot more money on more stupid shit.

29b54af115.png

Madness

Who was it that said they've spent over $50 on avatar items or whatever the fuck it was?

Our good friend Speedy lol. There was a discussion on gaming side regarding avatars, how they might not be brought back for Xbox One and people were like did anyone ever spend money on them and someone brought up Speedy's vid on YouTube showing how much he spent without knowing he was a fellow GAF'er.

BigShow36

I can't believe anyone who is actually a competitive gamer would be excited to play Halo 3.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can't believe anyone who is actually a competitive gamer would be excited to play Halo 3.

You literally enjoy 20% of Halo games. I love CE as much as the next person but it's not coming back. Not to say that Halo 3 doesn't have it's faults, but come on.

BigShow36

We get it you don't like any Halo besides Halo 1 but how do we practice that with all 4 people from XBC not being on?

It's not about disliking other Halo games, it's about being able to recognize when a game is not suitable for true competitive play. Frankly, any attempts to push Halo as a "competitive" game at this point only do a disservice to what it used to be. There comes a point where it's time to cut your losses.

CyReN

It's not about disliking other Halo games, it's about being able to recognize when a game is not suitable for true competitive play. Frankly, any attempts to push Halo as a "competitive" game at this point only do a disservice to what it used to be. There's comes a point where it's time to cut your losses.

Well unfortunately for the title that you dislike for competition was the most popular Halo game from casual to competitive.

BigShow36

Well unfortunately for the title that you dislike for competition was the most popular Halo game from casual to competitive.

Oh, so I guess we all should pretend that it was competitively viable.

And we wonder why Halo is shit now?

You literally enjoy 20% of Halo games. I love CE as much as the next person but it's not coming back. Not to say that Halo 3 doesn't have it's faults, but come on.

I have no problem with someone liking Halo 3, but I'm not going to pretend it was a good competitive game.

Disconect

Neo Member

I have no problem with someone liking Halo 3, but I'm not going to pretend it was a good competitive game.
Shit that we call EVOLUTION
All Halo's can be good competitive games.

Madness

com·pe·ti·tion  (kmp-tshn)n.
1. The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry.

2. A test of skill or ability; a contest: ie. a skating competition.

Halo 2 or Halo 3 may not be as 'skillful' as you like, but it is quite a competitive game. Few random elements, equal starts, with focus on map control, team play, and shooting ability. The outcome of the match is dictated to what happens on the battlefield, not the menus.

Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from BigShow, but just because it's easier to shoot with weapons, doesn't mean the game isn't competitive because everyone has that easier shooting. So that's why other factors such as map control, controlling weapon spawns and routes, team shooting comes into play.

BigShow36

com·pe·ti·tion  (kmp-tshn)n.
1. The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry.

2. A test of skill or ability; a contest: ie. a skating competition.

Halo 2 or Halo 3 may not be as 'skillful' as you like, but it is quite a competitive game. Few random elements, equal starts, with focus on map control, team play, and shooting ability. The outcome of the match is dictated to what happens on the battlefield, not the menus.

Yes, so Halo 4 is equally as competitive as Halo 2, or rock-paper-scissors for that matter. We all know that anything can be "competitive," but I'm posting under the assumption that we can all make some rational internal conclusions on our own here.

We can argue semantics to make a point, but when the point is asinine, why bother?

Along that line of logic, back to my original post, why would a competitive gamer be excited to play Halo 3 when they can just play Halo 4? They're both competitive, right?

Madness

Yes, so Halo 4 is equally as competitive as Halo 2, or rock-paper-scissors for that matter. We all know that anything can be "competitive," but I'm posting under the assumption that we can all make some rational internal conclusions on our own here.

We can argue semantics to make a point, but when the point is asinine, why bother?

Along that line of logic, back to my original post, why would a competitive gamer be excited to play Halo 3 when they can just play Halo 4? They're both competitive, right?

Ah I understand your point. Because Halo 3 is more 'competitive' than Halo 4, but then you would make the case Halo:CE is more competitive than Halo 3.

BigShow36

Ah I understand your point. Because Halo 3 is more 'competitive' than Halo 4, but then you would make the case Halo:CE is more competitive than Halo 3.

My point is that people playing games that are not competitively viable in a competitive manner are either ignorant or foolish. Either way, they're setting themselves up for frustration.

Top Bottom