• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Zoolader

Tom Morello?

BTW Does anybody remember how some interview with Bungie on Reach said that you could use the Hunter's plasma cannon by ripping it off their dead body?

I've listened to most Bungie podcasts during the H3 and pre-release Reach days and don't remember that.This is the only thing coming to mind right now which didn't make it, though I have tried to erase anything Reach related from my brain.

Porky.jpg

Omni

Does anybody else here besides me believe the GEN2 armor worn by Spartan-IVs is in fact Mark VII? There's a bit of evidence to support this.
Sure.

Naomi-010 was wearing Mark VII armor in January 2553. In Halo 4's description of the Mark VI, it's stated that the VI is the last of the GEN1 line. Therefore Naomi is wearing GEN2 Mark VII. Master Chief wears GEN1 Mark VII. Of course her armor appears to be that of a Mark V variant, out of personal choice.
Master Chief wears MKVI MJOLNIR. There is no GEN1 MK VII.

Now this brings up why 343i has all the armor in Halo 4 called GEN2. I think this has to do with not confusing players. While it seems like it shouldn't, I can see some players misreading Mark VII as Mark VI. There's also only one "Mark" armor in the GEN2 line. It only makes sense to just simply call all the armor GEN2 until a theoretical "Mark VIII" exists. Then it makes sense that it would be called Mark VII and Mark VIII to distinguish the two sets of armor.

I'm really hoping 343i clarifies on this.
This is where you lose me. It's not called GEN 2 to limit confusion
What confusion?
. I would imagine that on a canonical level, that it's due to the fact that the second generation of MJOLNIR marks the start of mass production.

Code:
You have your first generation of MJOLNIR. It is categorised by how hard it is to produce and its immense cost (more than a starship, no?). 

[B]GEN1:
MKI / II / III / IV / V / VI
[/B]
Plus your sub categories of the MK Xs:
Recon, Scout... blah blah blah.

Then after the Cov war, it becomes easier and cheaper to produce.

[B]GEN 2:
MK VII / VIII /...
[/B]
and the sub categories within.

So, IMO:

MK X = differentiates upgrades within the armour itself.
GEN X = differences in economic and production values - with a hint of subjective reasoning.

Just starting up Halo 3 and listening to the main menu song play is a better experience than anything Halo 4 could ever provide.

Someone invite me to play some Halo 3 please.

Zoolader

Just starting up Halo 3 and listening to the main menu song play is a better experience than anything Halo 4 could ever provide.

Someone invite me to play some Halo 3 please.

True story. Halo 5 needs those freaking monks back if 343 is serious about Halo 4 being a learning experience. I can't recall any Halo 4 music or what the lobby music was.

True story. Halo 5 needs those freaking monks back if 343 is serious about Halo 4 being a learning experience. I can't recall any Halo 4 music or what the lobby music was.

I like the music used in the credits. The Never Forget Remix merging into 117 was beautiful. Sadly, it isn't in the soundtrack.

Defect

I don't think there will be problems getting dlc in matchmaking since a lot of people already had it before the Mythic disc came out.

Ominym

Banned
As someone who hasn't really played customs with HaloGAF, what time do parties usually start forming? As in, are they usually pretty punctual or early?

wwm0nkey

What was the name of the dude who scribbled his dumb name on all of his leaked Halo 3 screenshots? That was a thing that happened, right? I might be crazy.

It's been too long, H3. You know I can't quit you.
I think you are thinking Reach.

Though if anyone remembers the Epsilon build leak of H3, that was me :) (.....well not playing, but I'm the one who leaked the video of it)

Madness

Just realized I'm only missing two achievements on Halo 3, both campaign related. The campaign scoring on 2nd to last and last mission. God help me, I don't want to play that damn Gravemind/Cortana rescue mission with skulls activated for points.

Also Fuchs, that Spartan laser double kill achievement singlehandedly ruined any chance I had of getting a good rank in lone wolves. For two days straight, at launch, all I did was try to get it. And finally, I did it twice on the same day. Once on high ground and the other on snowbound.

I don't think there will be problems getting dlc in matchmaking since a lot of people already had it before the Mythic disc came out.

Don't count on it where it isn't required. There is no DLC matching in H3, it's shear luck if all 8, 10, 16 players in the lobby have the maps.

Booties

Banned
Long distance BR fights are brutal. How did we do this for so many years? Still the most fun I had in a while halo-wise, even though we were getting our asses kicked.

I feel real Nostalgic about halo now. I feel like playing all the campaigns in order or something. Maybe just halo 3 for now.

Oh yeah and I downloaded the mythic II maps, but they won't load. I tried playing citadel in customs and it loaded fine. Must be the servers or something, right?

Nebula

Long distance BR fights are brutal. How did we do this for so many years? Still the most fun I had in a while halo-wise, even though we were getting our asses kicked.

I feel real Nostalgic about halo now. I feel like playing all the campaigns in order or something. Maybe just halo 3 for now.

Oh yeah and I downloaded the mythic II maps, but they won't load. I tried playing citadel in customs and it loaded fine. Must be the servers or something, right?

Reset your Xbox/Go to Dashboard?

Obscured

Is there not a way to pull the maps from the odst disc to work with the digital download of the game?

Random thing, there seems to be a greater number of split screen players on 3.

And has everyone forgot that if you veto the first choice the next option is always worse.

Omni

You know, I'm just not having any fun playing Halo at the moment. I should be liking Halo 3, but after 6 years or whatever of on-and-off playing, I'm just burnt out on it

Dat end of gen feel. Hardly anyone on my friends list is online anymore either.

Nebula

You know, I'm just not having any fun playing Halo at the moment. I should be liking Halo 3, but after 6 years or whatever of on-and-off playing, I'm just burnt out on it

Dat end of gen feel. Hardly anyone on my friends list is online anymore either.

I like how my friends list filled and dropped and filled again, that was until Party Chat was introduced. No speaking to people in game meant less making friends which meant it could only result in a smaller friends list.

I love and hate Party Chat at the same time. Great idea but it killed the social idea of XBL for the most part. Treyarch/IW making some playlists 'Game Chat' only was a fantastic move from a gameplay perspective and a social one.

Mabef

Banned
I think you are thinking Reach.

Though if anyone remembers the Epsilon build leak of H3, that was me :) (.....well not playing, but I'm the one who leaked the video of it)
You aren't talking about the one with the whistle song are you? If so I might have to hunt you like wild game.

wwm0nkey

You aren't talking about the one with the whistle song are you? If so I might have to hunt you like wild game.

No, I am talking about that big leak of the entire play through of the Highway level that was leaked. Friend got another friends account whos dad happened to work for Microsoft so he just downloaded the Epsilon test and sent me the footage to upload just incase (even though he pushes start and you can pretty clearly see his GT lol)

That documentary rules

Hey Funknown

Join me on my quest to make Quake Live the most popular game ever please, we can revive Halo CE as well!

The world is not ready.

Painful. Now think about the large amount of people calling for a BR nerf during that period.

I popped in Halo CEA because I had the sudden urge to run through AotCR, and it made me wonder why the heck did 343 use the Halo 3 style lobby in CEA but not in Halo 4? Why do they torture us like this?

Newt

I popped in Halo CEA because I had the sudden urge to run through AotCR, and it made me wonder why the heck did 343 use the Halo 3 style lobby in CEA but not in Halo 4? Why do they torture us like this?
They wanted us to adapt, you know change things up a bit.

*vomits*

Booshka

Like the rest of Halo 4, 343 tried to do something new and different, and it blew up in their face.

Why did they bring back the Camo Powerup in Reach Anniversary but only made it an Armor Ability in Halo 4?

Why? There's no defending these kinds of design decisions. It wasn't due to a lack of talent or resources; it was just a terrible decision. Many terrible decisions like that over the years with this franchise.

Toa TAK

Banned
Seriously thinking about trading in my Halo 4 LE Copy. How much will I get at Gamestop?

I go back to Reach more then I play Halo 4 at this point.

Top Bottom