• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

malfcn

Ah yes, Halo 3 GoD is just like I remember. Let it idle for a bunch of cycles and eventually the audio starts to cut out. memories.

malfcn

Dorry about the DOUBLE-post.

Holy shit..that is awesome. Sounds like some GTA level quality.
(The radio spot MP3)

sjo9mu4.gif

Computron

^ Oh yea? Try not visiting this forum for like 4 months then come back:

c9B9pW9.gif

I am beyond confused.

At least one thing makes sense, and that's Halo 3, I guess?

mo60

I got my first killing spree on my second match on halo 3. I kinda suck at the game, but I'm slowly getting better.At least I don't have to deal with things like armor abilities and loadouts in this game.Even though I really don;t care about the graphics in a game a lot halo 3 seems to have really inconsistent graphics at times even for a 2007 game.

GECK

MLG CTF on midship/heretic is peak Haloing for me. The tension is just non-stop insanity when two evenly matched teams go at it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MLG CTF on midship/heretic is peak Haloing for me. The tension is just non-stop insanity when two evenly matched teams go at it.

Hi I don't think we've met. I'm Tashi, your soul mate.

That map and gametype combo is perfection.

Fuchsdh

Microsoft is co-hosting an Oculus educational event

CBOAT thread from April claiming Halo 5 is using Oculus Rift

Probably nothing, but still interesting. Sony's been rumored to be making their own VR headset, and this falls in line with a potential Microsoft-Oculus partnership.

MS scooping up Oculus support sounds way smarter than Sony trying to make their own. I approve (although I have yet to actually try the device and see how it works for me.)

You guys did see Dellis' response though, right?

Fracas

#fuckonami
MS scooping up Oculus support sounds way smarter than Sony trying to make their own. I approve (although I have yet to actually try the device and see how it works for me.)

I'd guess that MS bargained the deal early, keeping Sony out and forcing them to make their own. If this is all true, anyway.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft is co-hosting an Oculus educational event

CBOAT thread from April claiming Halo 5 is using Oculus Rift

Probably nothing, but still interesting. Sony's been rumored to be making their own VR headset, and this falls in line with a potential Microsoft-Oculus partnership.
Whoaaaaa, that could be so cool. But as an optional peripheral, I wonder how integrated it would be? What could they do with it that would be cool and fun, but not necessary and not a huge disadvantage to those who don't have the Rift?

Even if MS are not associated in any way with oculus rift you best believe that as one of the big 4 (dat steambox) they are at least paying big attention to things like the Oculus. Having some kind of VR display could be amazing for big 1st party titles Forza and Halo, TitanFall etc

It's only confusing for newbies in their first few games. But yes, it would definitely be better if they skinned it as a rifle.

We should all lobby for a 2x zoom, 4sk, no bloom, no spread precision rifle with a clip of at least 15 rounds. I really think that would make most people happy. It wouldn't stifle movement by having a ridiculous range, bullets would hit dead center, and the kill time would ideally be a bit faster than the H2 BR. Hitting a perfect 4-shot should be very difficult.

Just to throw this out there.. What if the utility/starter weapon in the next halo had no zoom but was headshot capable, and there was a similar on map weapon that had zoom? IMO the DMR w/o bloom broke maps due to the zoom. Maybe taking zoom entirely away though is overkill.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Having some kind of VR display could be amazing for big 1st party titles Forza and Halo, TitanFall etc
I would do back flips and #dead and cry tears of joy.

I mean, assuming it all worked well and was fun.

I've started a running tally of all this predictions and their results. I highly suspect that his batting average is going to be a lot lower than people expect.

Pretty sure he is a confirmed insider verified by moderaters. The problem is things are subject to change, He could predict something for E3 and it can be pulled a few days before hand.

Tallying his "batting average" is not really a good way to look at it. Take everything he says as likely true but don't set yourself up for dissapointment. He is going to be wrong once in a while but what he has said and is confirmed true so far at least warrants faith in him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've started a running tally of all this predictions and their results. I highly suspect that his batting average is going to be a lot lower than people expect.

Gulps eh?[/QUOTE]

they're hard to swallow. This isn't the first cboat skoop I have chuckled at either.

people's belief seems predicated on confirmation bias .

I believe that Oculus Rift unit is the personal property of David Ellis and we have a couple of others in the studio.

in fact you would be hard pushed to find any medium to large size developer without a couple of rifts.

it is genuinely one of the most awesome gadgets out there but we have no current plans to support it in the next halo game.

not that it wouldn't be cool

makes me really wonder why thread was locked when it was.

probably just the necrobump.

Gulps eh?

they're hard to swallow. This isn't the first cboat skoop I have chuckled at either.

people's belief seems predicated on confirmation bias .

I believe that Oculus Rift unit is the personal property of David Ellis and we have a couple of others in the studio.

in fact you would be hard pushed to find any medium to large size developer without a couple of rifts.

it is genuinely one of the most awesome gadgets out there but we have no current plans to support it in the next halo game.

not that it wouldn't be cool

makes me really wonder why thread was locked when it was.

You only come round these parts to make me sad don't you.

Madness

Does any non-developer or non-tech insider even have an Oculus? I don't think the consumer version is even finalized yet. And if Halo 5 comes out next year, wouldn't really make sense to support something only handful of people would have.

Does any non-developer or non-tech insider even have an Oculus? I don't think the consumer version is even finalized yet. And if Halo 5 comes out next year, wouldn't really make sense to support something only handful of people would have.

You can buy beta kits yourself, The consumer version is not released for a while but some devs are intergrating it already I think.

Just to throw this out there.. What if the utility/starter weapon in the next halo had no zoom but was headshot capable, and there was a similar on map weapon that had zoom? IMO the DMR w/o bloom broke maps due to the zoom. Maybe taking zoom entirely away though is overkill.

It needs to have a 2x zoom, otherwise you end up with the Halo 3 Magnum and a situation where the dev tells us to be hyped for a weapon that in practice will be useless against most weapons.

You remember how much hype Bungie put behind that thing because of the skin it had and the 5sk? "Oh this weapon in the right hands can be deadly and can compete with the BR, blah blah blah." Yeahhhh....

Guys, wait for locobutts to confirm OR support for Prince of Persia, then we can confirm it for Halo 5

Question for the big stinkchilada: why did Neil Davidge get "top billing" on the OG Halo 4 OST (compared to Jinnouchi's one track), but then the Halo 4 Vol. 2 release was basically all Jinnouchi?

Fuchsdh

Pretty sure he is a confirmed insider verified by moderaters. The problem is things are subject to change, He could predict something for E3 and it can be pulled a few days before hand.

Tallying his "batting average" is not really a good way to look at it. Take everything he says as likely true but don't set yourself up for dissapointment. He is going to be wrong once in a while but what he has said and is confirmed true so far at least warrants faith in him.

I'm not doubting he's either an insider or a degree removed, who definitely knows things the average gamer doesn't.

But his batting average is certainly relevant. He might be wrong for a lot of reasons--his info is outdated, based on second-hand info (even an insider might not be on the "right" inside), or just plain wrong, happens to all of us. But as Frankie says, confirmation bias is a thing, and it leads to people believing a mountain of bullshit--witness how all these political pundits keep their jobs after making shitty predictions. Freakonomics suggests that an expert barely performs better than someone making random predictions. A large swatch of GAF has its head up its ass when it comes to this.

People saying "OMG CBOAT SEZ THIS WE ALL DOOMED" is a bunch of crock, but I'd rather have statistics to back it up. The entire problem is few people actually grab some salt grains to go with his babble.

It needs to have a 2x zoom, otherwise you end up with the Halo 3 Magnum and a situation where the dev tells us to be hyped for a weapon that in practice will be useless against most weapons.

You remember how much hype Bungie put behind that thing because of the skin it had and the 5sk? "Oh this weapon in the right hands can be deadly and can compete with the BR, blah blah blah." Yeahhhh....

I will agree the H3 pistol is a heap of garbage. I haven't played enough H3 recently to have an updated opinion on it's weapon set compared to more recent entries.

All this talk of CE MP though makes me wish I had a chance to play more of it in it's hey day. I've played under 100 games of CE and basically feel like I can't comment either way on any of it's discussion because of it.

I just had a really dumb idea: for December, we could do a Weapon Sandbox Advent Calendar with 24-25 weapons (grenades and maybe equipment / AAs / powerups included) and flesh out one sandbox role per day.

EDIT: We could even establish a consistent sandbox beforehand and give 10-25 people different roles to flesh out! As to why it wouldn't be superfluous, sandbox roles would be extremely generalized, for example [mid-range sniper counter], [close-range crowd control], etc.

FyreWulff

I don't think they're being sold to the general public yet. Ours were ordered back in like 1997 and we're still waiting for it to show up.

Top Bottom