• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Booties

Banned
Mind games.

This is a common mentality amongst unexposed Smashers; they think they're really good within their own circle of friends but once they step into the bigger scene, they quickly realize how wrong they were.

It mostly has to do with Smash never having that mainstream access to online functionality. People can't possibly know what they're never heard or experienced before. It's also why I'm disappointed with Halo 1 never having XBL.

We had a foam fitted briefcase for our nintendo 64 in college and took that shit around. We would shit on kids in every dorm.

Playing with kittens and IHaveIce: twitch.tv/akai__

Playing against a hacker, too. :lol

Got room? I can play a few.

I can.

Kevin Frankers "I know why they didn't like Halo 4! we didn't make it as close to CoD as we could!"

Cod is on it's way out. If anything it's a perfect opportunity to return to form. Fun fact, every game that tried to chase cod failed and in some cases had their studios closed down. [zipper-socom series]

Booties

Banned
Unable to play the downloaded version. I think when I downloaded the game free last night I still had the actual Halo 3 disc in my xbox. It now says I need the disc even though I downloaded it, not installed it. I'm deleting the download and redownloading with a different game in the tray. Hope this works.

heckfu

Banned
This is extremely ignorant and offensive. heckfu please, I know you'd appreciate such a video if you actually WATCHED it. It's amazingly well done, no lie. I turned it off when watching the first few mins of the first part, but wow that was foolish of me. Watched the entire thing and left wanting much more of these for other games.

lol im mostly joking. i used to love playing the game but just couldn't get invested in that doc.

Two things. The first is each one has been in decline YOY and the second is every new gen something new comes out and takes the spot. It's inevitable.

CoD isn't going anywhere.

I agree 343i needs to stop copying cause they wont do it well and fail in their mission and they need to go back to Halo basics like 1/2/3.

However, CoD itself will never go away at least not for 5-10 more years. Ghosts is going to be huge just like Blops 1 + 2 and MW 1 + 2 + 3 and CoD4, and CoD 3, and CoD 2, and CoD 1. CoDWaW and anything else.

Booties

Banned
Let's talk about how bad the HUD is. I don't want hit markers and especially grenade indicators. Nothing worse than a kid camping with camo knowing exactly where all the grenades are landing.

Killzone Shadow Fall is looking to be quite the launch game. Definitely going to pick that up once when I eventually buy a PS4.

Everything unlocked in the multiplayer (weapons, etc.), 60fps for multiplayer, showing both sides of the faction for single player like what Halo 2 did with the Covenant, etc. etc. - They're fighting so hard to be the go-to FPS single/multiplayer experience for PS.

We had a foam fitted briefcase for our nintendo 64 in college and took that shit around. We would shit on kids in every dorm.

This is awesome.

Computer

Let's talk about how bad the HUD is. I don't want hit markers and especially grenade indicators. Nothing worse than a kid camping with camo knowing exactly where all the grenades are landing.

Shield feed back should be all the hit makers you need really. They should have something like different stages of shield heath associated with the shield feedback.

CoD isn't going anywhere.

I agree 343i needs to stop copying cause they wont do it well and fail in their mission and they need to go back to Halo basics like 1/2/3.

However, CoD itself will never go away at least not for 5-10 more years. Ghosts is going to be huge just like Blops 1 + 2 and MW 1 + 2 + 3 and CoD4, and CoD 3, and CoD 2, and CoD 1. CoDWaW and anything else.

Yea i know. It's going to be in two to three years. When i mean out i still think it will sell millions but something will top it in sales and popularity.

Killzone Shadow Fall is looking to be quite the launch game. Definitely going to pick that up once when I eventually buy a PS4.

Everything unlocked in the multiplayer (weapons, etc.), 60fps for multiplayer, showing both sides of the faction for single player like what Halo 2 did with the Covenant, etc. etc. - They're fighting so hard to be the go-to FPS single/multiplayer experience for PS.

This is awesome.

I really hope ShadowFall does well so 343 copies those features. It'd be perfect if it wasn't Killzone gameplay. :(

IHaveIce

Banned
Good games guys.

Highlight of the day was when a random matchup in Social Slayer said "Oh you guys are from that shitty forum huh? I can tell by your names and all."

Then we got a hacker with speed boost and aim bot in Social Slayer.

Halo 3 is soo amazing after putting up with Halo 4 and Reach

Akai__

Good games guys.

Highlight of the day was when a random matchup in Social Slayer said "Oh you guys are from that shitty forum huh? I can tell by your names and all."

Then we got a hacker with speed boost and aim bot in Social Slayer.

Halo 3 is soo amazing after putting up with Halo 4 and Reach

Will upload it tommorow.

GG's everybody. Halo 3 is still a fun game, especially with a party. <3

Nowise10

Dat population
V9qrzW7.png

Computron

Just got done playing a few rounds [Of Halo 3]. Honestly it felt a huge step backwards after Halo 4. Where is the sprinting? Where are the jetpacks? Who thought it was a good idea to make B the melee button? and I can't believe how ugly the graphics look now they barely look better than Halo 2.

ibqbJgfQ7gV6ry.gif

barely looks better than Halo 2.

Then this gem is followed by:

Jetpack completely destroys the flow of every single map there is and will ever be, good or bad.
I keep reading this but if that's the case don't Banshees ruin the map flow as well? And those were present in Halo 1-3 multiplayer

Oh. uhh... oh.

This one can't be helped.

Fuchsdh

Nope. The ball in hot potato timer never resets I think its just random. meaning I could hold it for like 20 seconds and pass it to someone and it will play up in 5 seconds in their possesion. The randomness of it is annoying.

If they were to modify it WITH A BUILT IN HUD TIMER, where you have 20 or so seconds of possession before it blows and it resets with every pass, I'd be fine with it.

Oh, sorry, I was thinking about Nilla's basketball gametype where you've got a "shot clock" in a set time period before the ball blows, like you describe... not a random time.

Although I think even if it's random, it might still have the beeping "going critical" effect the oddball has in Halo 4, which works perfectly without being another thing on your screen.

ibqbJgfQ7gV6ry.gif

Then this gem is followed by:

Oh. uhh... oh.

This one can't be helped.

My dude, now try to think how Halo 1 nerds feel when you guys say Halo 3 had great gameplay.

What you're feeling right now is what some have had to live with for almost 10 years because they literally had no other options. It was either to stop playing Halo or put up with unnecessary and mind-numbing changes.

EDIT:
You could just not play and drive down profits enough to force innovation.

Nothing stops that Halo hype.

My dude, now try to think how Halo 1 nerds feel when you guys say Halo 3 had great gameplay.

What you're feeling right now is what some have had to live with for almost 10 years because they literally had no other options. It was either to stop playing Halo or put up with unnecessary and mind-numbing changes.

You could just not play and drive down profits enough to force innovation.

BigShow36

Except the Halo 1 to Halo 2 changes were 100x worse than anything we've had since.

Top Bottom