• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Qq79uZe.gif
So do you have these all stored up saved and ready to go, or do you just Google and use a GIF you find appropriate?

I thought Amazon didn't charge till they shipped.
They don't. You can apply gift cards to your pre-order, though.

ZZzzzzZZZzzzz

Because Bungie had nothing to do with the shit show that is Reach, which brought us down the path of Halo 4.

Blame someone and then blame someone else for unrelated things and then get mad about the whole thing

C'mon guys, PS4. And Microsoft did plenty to shit on Halo like:

-tie Halo 3 Beta to unrelated new IP in a different genre it happened to be publishing
-fuck up DLC pricing in 3/Reach so you couldn't get your money's worth
-jack ODST up to $60 when Bungie said it was supposed to be a budget title
-forced Ensemble to change an already in development console RTS to be Halo themed
-made new Halo 3 maps exclusive to the $80 edition of Halo Wars

These were all things that never had to be but for Microsoft's disdain for their flagship franchise's biggest fans. If you really want an Xbox, just wait 6 months after launch. I guarantee you will pay less for a better product if enough people abstain.

wwm0nkey

While I am switching to PS4 as well I don't think those things are on my list as to why. I do hope for those who are getting the XBO that the new changes in management mean great things for the system, but hell anything is better than whoever thought no used games was going to fly at all.

Omni

Not getting either console until next year. Aside from budgeting woes, when has a console launch gone smoothly, ever?

Multiflag on Avalanche, oh how I've missed you.

wwm0nkey

Not getting either console until next year. Aside from budgeting woes, when has a console launch gone smoothly, ever?

Multiflag on Avalanche, oh how I've missed you.

Even though I thought Halo 2's objective system was better than 3....Halo 3's flag and assault games are still just a blast to play. Also yes multi-flag on Avalanche is god like.

Crozar

Neo Member

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! Don't you see true Art when its in-front of you. Okay, so its alright if you play other FPS games when they milk the hell out of their prequels RIGHT.

I mean Halo was one of a kind game where even tournaments where held on a yearly base cause they can see the potential it has. The skillful FPS multiplayer where it just reminded people of the old school FPS, even COD and Gears of War and even the iconic counter strike weren't held by tournaments like Halo. I am not saying Halo 4 is fantastic, its good and their are ups and downs but come-on this is not Bungie they haven't done anything to learn from their mistakes. Please everyone just wait for Halo 5 and you will behold the glorious game style, which grasped my childhood until today where I am 20 and played Halo 3 for 4 consecutive years every day of the week. This wasn’t a normal FPS game this was like my partner in life my seed of life it was the damn cake slice from portal that I got every day when I used to play Halo online. Just please listen to me, the cake is not a lie I have seen it and its calling for hardcore gamers.

and thats YOU!!!

Omni

I remember that guy. His first post was magical.

My brothersssss Halo 4 is back since there will be a new DLC on August which essentially has some other stuff on it but the most important thing I am excited about would be that their returning The Pit from Halo 3 and that map is a game changer. People have been complaining that what makes a good multiplayer game good is the maps.

Well now you have it and its your time to shine. Who's with me!!!!
Good times. Good times.

Even though I thought Halo 2's objective system was better than 3....Halo 3's flag and assault games are still just a blast to play. Also yes multi-flag on Avalanche is god like.

This man gets it. I love Halo objective, flag and assault 2 & 3 especially. 4v4 objective is better though.

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! Don't you see true Art when its in-front of you. Okay, so its alright if you play other FPS games when they milk the hell out of their prequels RIGHT.

I mean Halo was one of a kind game where even tournaments where held on a yearly base cause they can see the potential it has. The skillful FPS multiplayer where it just reminded people of the old school FPS, even COD and Gears of War and even the iconic counter strike weren't held by tournaments like Halo. I am not saying Halo 4 is fantastic, its good and their are ups and downs but come-on this is not Bungie they haven't done anything to learn from their mistakes. Please everyone just wait for Halo 5 and you will behold the glorious game style, which grasped my childhood until today where I am 20 and played Halo 3 for 4 consecutive years every day of the week. This wasn’t a normal FPS game this was like my partner in life my seed of life it was the damn cake slice from portal that I got every day when I used to play Halo online. Just please listen to me, the cake is not a lie I have seen it and its calling for hardcore gamers.

and thats YOU!!!

5qsojSW.gif

Striker

Always liked Reach's Assault, though it wasn't perfect by any means. Still using Halo 3's disarm and one-hit kill with the bomb, and it lacked Halo 2's sticky arming and proper contesting.

rip

Nebula

and thats YOU!!!

I like your optimism.

Arnie

Call of Duty and Shadowrun is why Halo is bad. Let's get our blame game in order.

Reach is more influential than Shadowrun because without Reach we wouldn't have Armour Abilities and without Armour Abilities in Reach they wouldn't exist in Halo 4, because 343's design team are devoid of autonomous thought.

Sorry. That's harsh. I'm still not over it.

Just a shame 60fps Halo couldn't have come at a time when Halo was a superlative console shooter coalescing around a unique design philosophy. Like just after Halo 3.

Like before Reach. Remember Reach.

This post has come full circle.

Halo.

FyreWulff

Just saw that Billy Berghammer from Planet N2000 / Gamecube is a webmaster at 343. Weird.

Louie the cat to be in Halo 5

Reach is more influential than Shadowrun because without Reach we wouldn't have Armour Abilities and without Armour Abilities in Reach they wouldn't exist in Halo 4, because 343's design team are devoid of autonomous thought.

Armor Abilities came from Halo 3. They're a direct descendant of Equipment. In both design and Bungie's own words.

And if I may be so stretching, you could consider the prototype of them to be Arbiter's camo ability in Halo 2.

Omni

I have to be like the only person who is disappointed with 60fps, :lol

It bothers me to know that they're going to have to take sacrifices on the visual side of things, just so they can achieve it. Of course the X1 is more powerful than the 360... but eh. They'll be rendering triple double the frames than they are now, so that power difference is already split in half

I swear to god if we end up with shitty .jpg skyboxes again I'll
cry
. Ideally they'd target 30fps for campaign - pushing the visuals, and giving us a stripped down version in multi at 60. Only time will tell, I guess.

Nebula

It bothers me to know that they're going to have to take sacrifices on the visual side of things, just so they can achieve it. Of course the X1 is more powerful than the 360... but eh. They'll be rendering triple double the frames than they are now, so that power difference is already split in half

cry
. Ideally they'd target 30fps for campaign - pushing the visuals, and giving us a stripped down version in multi at 60. Only time will tell, I guess.

I wouldn't mind a completely stable 30 that doesn't dip. If it ever dipped once though during normal gameplay...

Woorloog

Banned

You're not, though i'm not sure there are more than the two of us who are disappointed (or sort of disappointed). Stable 30 (and i mean super-stable, not the normal "marketing stable" which usually means stable <28fps) is enough.
That said, i do appreciate 60fps smoothness but ultimately don't give a shit as long as it doesn't go under 30 (or about equally bad, bounce between 30 and 60 like my PC Oblivion installation...).

gAg CruSh3r

and thats YOU!!!

40JQJfN.gif

Wow you looked up that gif sooo long ago.

Calm down buddy, we all hope for the best; well some of us at least. Halo 4 is not a bad game, it's just not the best Halo game, but 343 fixed a lot of things and set things in the right path. I personally beli343 that's Halo (5) will be a lot better and more fun to play then Halo 4. Heck, it might be better then Halo 2/3?!? We just don't know yet. So wait? Calm down before preaching to the HaloGAF community. Just talk to us and share with us your likes and dislikes of Halo. Just wait until the Hype train comes by for our pick up.

Fuchsdh

cry

At 60fps, your brain is going to be far more tolerant of frame rate dips just because they won't persist as longer. If the campaign dips down to 48-50 fps when huge explosions are happening it won't be as painful as any of the previous games.

As for multi, yeah it's probably going to mean more sterile maps but "more sterile" is a relative term considering I highly doubt it will look worse than Halo 4.

Overdoziz

Banned

cry
i11naZs3BTgDq.gif

While I am switching to PS4 as well I don't think those things are on my list as to why. I do hope for those who are getting the XBO that the new changes in management mean great things for the system, but hell anything is better than whoever thought no used games was going to fly at all.
While I am opposed to getting an Xbox One presently, Halo 5 could change my mind. But just about all the good will I had towards the Halo franchise and the Xbox brand boiled off this past year. I'll buy Travis' last novel. I'll finish Spartan Assault.

Maybe if Halo 5 turns out to be something special, I'll be able to grab a bundle for a reasonable price. I like the way the server infrastructure sounds, I like that they are targeting 60 frames per second.

I don't want Microsoft to bow out of the console market (while the idea seems ludicrous, remember that Mattrick is gone, Ballmer is leaving, and there are shareholders who would like to see the venture cease). That would be disastrous for the game industry. I just want Microsoft to feel the sting. I want it to hurt bad enough that they give all they can to get us back. And they're not there yet.

it was from a vidoc, it's not a leak
Part of it was from the vidoc. But this was uploaded months before the games release & vidoc. Before I even joined Gaf.

http://youtu.be/sXs2SdH8WSg?t=25s at the bottom of the screen.

mtw did the bark leak, no idea what happened to him after his ban though.
Yeah I'm trying to find the user who originally uploaded that part. SuperMtw barn video was glorious. To bad he and his hacker buddy got banned here.

I guess Mtw wants back into Gaf

gAg CruSh3r

I just put in Halo 3 in right now. It's been about 4/5 years since I last played it. I got my ass kicked and during the whole time my teammate was smack talking me since I was trash lol I love Halo :).

Tawpgun

Just played a game of Halo 3 BTB and I gotta say...

One game of Halo 3 BTB on some shitty Sandbox custom map with randoms was better than any BTB game I've played in Halo 4. That was so much fun.

Flag on Vindicative. Lost 2-3.

If anyone wants to Hop on Halo 3 I'll be on for a bit but if no one else gets on im getting on GTA

gAg CruSh3r

Just played a game of Halo 3 BTB and I gotta say...

One game of Halo 3 BTB on some shitty Sandbox custom map with randoms was better than any BTB game I've played in Halo 4. That was so much fun.

Flag on Vindicative. Lost 2-3.

If anyone wants to Hop on Halo 3 I'll be on for a bit but if no one else gets on im getting on GTA

I'm on right now if anyone else wants to party up?!

TheOddOne

HUH.
On the other hand, 343 has built a workflow and tools for their facial animation in Halo 4 that is far more complex than ours. They've programmed their own performance capture solver for the face, they've scanned real actors for every character, and the pipeline can be scaled up for the Xbox One easily; Halo 4 is like its lowres version.

Top Bottom