• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

That clip was embarrassing to watch. So was reading posts from users using it as an impetus to criticize Bungie. Wait a couple hundred milliseconds before putting in the headshot and wait a couple hundred actual seconds before posting your ignorant opinions. Hopefully all of you Reach whiners stay out of Destiny GAF. You guys suck.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Reach wasn't very good, but it's still better than Halo 4 and had some really great aspects (player feedback and UI to name a couple).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That clip was embarrassing to watch. So was reading posts from users using it as an impetus to criticize Bungie. Wait a couple hundred milliseconds before putting in the headshot and wait a couple hundred actual seconds before posting your ignorant opinions. Hopefully all of you Reach whiners stay out of Destiny GAF. You guys suck.

You're so venomous these days bro. Everything OK?

You pretty much killed Halo and are now leaving us to pick up this mess.

Thanks.

Reach wasn't very good, but it's still better than Halo 4 and had some really great aspects (player feedback and UI to name a couple).

Reach was not better than Halo 4. Maps, consistency, more useful weapons, movement, gunplay, the list goes on.

heckfu

Banned

the hell is wrong with you?

Destiny looks kind of wack. Doesn't seem unique.

FyreWulff

Reach could have used a lot more symmetrical maps.

Disc Symmetrical:
Countdown
Zealot (mostly)

Disc Asymmetrical:
Boardwalk
Boneyard
Powerhouse
Reflection
Spire
Sword Base

Fracas

#fuckonami
Reach was not better than Halo 4. Maps, consistency, more useful weapons, movement, gunplay, the list goes on.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'd rather play TU Reach than Turbo H4, and maybe even vanilla Reach over vanilla H4. MLG Reach and modded sprintless Halo 4 are about even for me.

They both suck in their own ways though.

You pretty much killed Halo and are now leaving us to pick up this mess.

Thanks.

Reach is far better than Halo 4. Maps are better,less perks like faster reloading,damage and speed boost,etc. The gun play is worse in Halo 4 due to players dying quicker and the feeling overall doesn't feel as satisfying as reach. Also all the other stuff that makes the game unbalanced such as carepackages,killstreaks,etc

They should create perk modificators to allow AA do something different like Camo becoming a jamming radar for the minimap and chat ,Thrusters being a Evade move and Jetpack being a double jump, perks being tied to classes and finally add Acuracy and Distance mechanics to the weapons.

heckfu

Banned
They should create perk modificators to allow AA do something different like Camo becoming a jamming radar for the minimap and chat ,Thrusters being a Evade move and Jetpack being a double jump, perks being tied to classes and finally add Acuracy and Distance mechanics to the weapons.

nope

edit: i think what you MEANT to say was that you wish they took out perks.

MormaPope

Banned
Good. Not sure of exact numbers as the counter is broken most of the time, but I've been getting matches really quickly. Close games too.

Based on match quickness and such, can you ballpark if the player base is more or less than Halo 4's? I put 10 days worth of hours into Halo 4 multiplayer and decided to trade the game in. Really enjoyed the gunplay but the actual community/game type elements were dying insanely fast.

If Halo 3 has truly been resurrected I wouldn't mind getting in on the action. Would be disappointed though if people stopped playing after a couple of weeks.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Based on match quickness and such, can you ballpark if the player base is more or less than Halo 4's? I put 10 days worth of hours into Halo 4 multiplayer and decided to trade the game in. Really enjoyed the gunplay but the actual community/game type elements were dying insanely fast.

If Halo 3 has truly been resurrected I wouldn't mind getting in on the action. Would be disappointed though if people stopped playing after a couple of weeks.

It might have been wrong, but the counter changed to show 45k on yesterday, which is about double Halo 4's. I dunno if it'll stay that high, but for now it's easy to get a match.

FyreWulff

The Halo 3 population counter is in fact updating, and even if it was half-correct, there's more people online in Halo 3 than 4.

Interestingly, Halo 4's peak populations have not been affected. 3 is not taking population from 4 for this resurgence.

If you want to play Halo 3... play Halo 3 bro. The population has rocketed and getting a match in Social Slayer is fast but it was before the game went free.

Not sure why people are saying the counter is broken. Is that verified? I've seen it fluctuating so it hasn't crashed at one figure. It was around 45000 earlier on. That's last hour though isn't it? I know Reach and 4's counter update every minute.

Watched this video for a quick lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L-cXmr0K8K4#t=243

and it made me realise just how awful Reach multi was. Terrible grenades, terrible jump height, choppy sprint, dreadful gunplay, and that dull thud of the DMR audio. Pre-patch Reach was shit.

Oh my god.

"I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING JUMP"

*enemy dude jukes him, makes the jump he failed in about two seconds, and proceeds to immediately out-DMR him*

Serious question: do people really ragequit Halo? In 2013? I don't think I've ever gotten to a point where I was doing so bad (and im a bk) I've just shut the ecksbawcks off. I also don't take the game seriously enough to do good in the first place, though.

Except that one match last night where I was MVP with 17 kills. Halo 3 is way more playable, shitlords

FyreWulff

Not sure why people are saying the counter is broken. Is that verified? I've seen it fluctuating so it hasn't crashed at one figure. It was around 45000 earlier on. That's last hour though isn't it? I know Reach and 4's counter update every minute.

Halo 3's population counter has been goofed ever since Bungie migrated Halo 3 to live on Reach's servers, and got goofed even more once 343 took over the server stewardship. It tends to freeze at a number, not update, or report every single person that has ever played the playlist ever as it's population.

You can see an example of how broken it is by searching in a ranked playlist. Search in a ranked playlist, note the population at the top left. Now back out and press X to edit matchmaking options. A completely different population will be reported over the TS graph. These numbers used to match, and the TS graph population was frozen for months and months after the transition.

It's updating now, but we have no idea what timeframe the population is actually from.

Halo 3's population counter has been goofed ever since Bungie migrated Halo 3 to live on Reach's servers, and got goofed even more once 343 took over the server stewardship. It tends to freeze at a number, not update, or report every single person that has ever played the playlist ever as it's population.

You can see an example of how broken it is by searching in a ranked playlist. Search in a ranked playlist, note the population at the top left. Now back out and press X to edit matchmaking options. A completely different population will be reported over the TS graph. These numbers used to match, and the TS graph population was frozen for months and months after the transition.

It's updating now, but we have no idea what timeframe the population is actually from.

Yeah even when it was working correctly, it updated 30 times slower than Reach's did, so it's not really fair to compare them.

Needless to say a healthy amount of people have been jumping on free Halo 3 though.

FyreWulff

Yeah even when it was working correctly, it updated 30 times slower than Reach's did, so it's not really fair to compare them.

Needless to say a healthy amount of people have been jumping on free Halo 3 though.

The only direct comparison we had was 24hr UUs. Halo 4 is the first Halo game to not have 24hr UUs published. 2, 3, ODST and Reach all had them publically available on Bungie.net

nope

edit: i think what you MEANT to say was that you wish they took out perks.

Yup, I tought you somewhat evolve your perks with the Specialization unlocks like some short of pasive ability tied to the spec you unlocked or at least unite them in one sole funtion Like the Operator Spec would make your vehicles inmune to plasma and more resistance or the Pathfinder makes your Sniping mark the enemies on your minimap for all your allies but I guess it would make everything more complicated.

TheOddOne

Criticism on thier game = hating on developer?

Bungie is one of a kind developer and one of the best in the world, but they do make mistakes.

I see, thanks for the insight.

Bad kid got cleansed.

Lol his mic isn't even on.

Annnnnnnnd he had host to boot. I'd implore anyone who found that vid funny to watch the other bik3lock clips, especially the hulk smash one. Premium cleanser comedy.

Question for Frankie: I'm trying to buy the Halo 4 Vol. 2 disc right now labled "DIGITAL DOWNLOAD" on Halo4Soundtrack.com. I'm paying through PayPal but it's listing shipping & handling charges despite it being a digital download. Am I getting shipped an actual disc? I'm totally fine with a physical copy because I like to keep lossless backups on hand anyway, but I'd be confused if it tried giving me shipping charges for a purely digital download.

more people are watching a UMG CoD tournament than halo 4 peaks at.

but hey, don't put a ranking system in your game. people aren't really interested in competitive play, even though its generally considered one of the things males look for in games.

and don't worry about things like customer feedback

and don't worry about a spectator mode since nobody will be playing your game let alone spectating it.

IHaveIce

Banned

but hey, don't put a ranking system in your game. people aren't really interested in competitive play, even though its generally considered one of the things males look for in games.

and don't worry about a spectator mode since nobody will be playing your game let alone spectating it.

Halo 5 could be the Halo game we all dream about and CoD would still pull higher viewer numbers than the playercount would be.

At least Halo 3 is above yay

CyReN

The cherry on top, David Vonderhaar is there.

----
Surprised how fast I'm getting matches in the MLG playlist, only downside is people forgot how to run the flag it seems.

Top Bottom