• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

TheOddOne

frank.gif

Someone had to post it here!
Frank, Bonnie, Josh and unknown guy with too much pie in the face.

daedalius

New CSR matching in TS?

Guess I missed where they talked about that in the last bulletin.

Dead Space 3 is pretty good guys, but after the DLC, the story has nowhere to go.

wwm0nkey

One thing I actually am excited to see from Halo 5, Sparth's art come to life even more. I mean 343 pulled off some good looking stuff in Halo 4 but Halo 5 regardless should have much better environments with all that extra power.

But seriously this gif has me excited for next-gen enviroments

axpuhp.gif

Omni

This will get some use come Halo 5 previews time.

But not yet.

gladiator-quotes-19.jpg

Killzone looks pretty, but the game is just so boring (well, the other ones were). But yeah. Can't wait to see what 343i can do on next-gen hardware... Even if Halo 4's art direction was pretty awful.

wwm0nkey

But not yet.

gladiator-quotes-19.jpg

Killzone looks pretty, but the game is just so boring (well, the other ones were). But yeah. Can't wait to see what 343i can do on next-gen hardware... Even if Halo 4's art direction was pretty awful.
Yeah was never a big fan of Killzone but Mercenary on the Vita was surprisingly good and this one seems to have a lot more open area's of combat which I am loving. Lets hope Halo 5 has that too.

It was more so the enemy art direction I didn't like in 4, everything else was fine by me, just needed some more details here, less 2D backgrounds but at least it had dem rocks!
(seriously, that rock guy deserves a promotion)

Omni

Yeah was never a big fan of Killzone but Mercenary on the Vita was surprisingly good and this one seems to have a lot more open area's of combat which I am loving. Lets hope Halo 5 has that too.

It was more so the enemy art direction I didn't like in 4, everything else was fine by me, just needed some more details here, less 2D backgrounds but at least it had dem rocks!
(seriously, that rock guy deserves a promotion)
Yeah. It will be interesting to see if 343i keeps up with the overly scripted QTE corridor shooter theme they were apparently going for in Halo 4.

I actually didn't mind the enemies. It seemed to work with the story the campaign was telling. It was the weapon and ship redesigns that bothered me. And even more so, the awful colour schemes that are apparent in the second half. But yes. Those rocks were great! The third level is amazing visually (also my favourite gameplay-wise)

Woorloog

Banned
One thing I actually am excited to see from Halo 5, Sparth's art come to life even more. I mean 343 pulled off some good looking stuff in Halo 4 but Halo 5 regardless should have much better environments with all that extra power.

axpuhp.gif

Is that a space elevator? That works?
Was always disappointed as we never saw Halo's space elevators in action, though New Mombasa Space Elevator's collapse in ODST was awesome (and scientifically accurate). EDIT was disappointed because i never understood the design well and seeing it in action would've made it clearer (what the hell are the rings for?). That said, i think Stinkles said something about the elevators once here... Something about them being the elevators motors essentially i think?

http://abload.de/img/axpuhp.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm glad that Killzone SF dropped the linear crapfest from 1-3.

Previews say level design is like Bioshock, where you can explore before having to fight?sign me up.

I am secretly looking forward to warzone mode in the MP. I liked KZ2's version from what little I played of it.

Yeah. It will be interesting to see if 343i keeps up with the overly scripted QTE corridor shooter theme they were apparently going for in Halo 4.

I actually didn't mind the enemies. It seemed to work with the story the campaign was telling. It was the weapon and ship redesigns that bothered me. And even more so, the awful colour schemes that are apparent in the second half. But yes. Those rocks were great! The third level is amazing visually (also my favourite gameplay-wise)

I have a feeling they might be going in a different direction. They stopped referring to the series as the forerunner trilogy and they are so quiet about Halo(5?) None of that makes sense unless they decided to change directions. They could totally walk away from the Forerunner being the main protagonist and pit Chief against the UNSC. The only thing I could see is
The UR-Didact is still alive or they introduce the ISO-Didact. That would be weird though because Bornsteller didn't have the hate for humans that the Ur-Didact did, in fact he befriends a few of them in the books and even has a fondness for them. I guess they could pit both Didacts against each other, a little unfinished business there. It would be cool if that is what Chief is looking for. The IsoDidact's cryptum.

FyreWulff

Additionally, we’ve removed Abandon and Meltdown from the Capture the Flag playlist due to community feedback and gameplay flow, and reorganized the voting options to prominently feature Neutral Flag. We hope you enjoy this game type and look forward to hearing your feedback on the game type, map selection, and more.

So, you removed Meltdown, a map big enough and symmetrical enough for CTF because of an apparently community feedback, but Skyline remains in even though it's been proven to be objectively broken for 5v5 CTF? Does Skyline know where the bodies are buried? That's the only thing that explains why a map that doesn't even function properly in a gametype remains in a playlist while a perfectly functional one gets removed.

Kujo

I haven't played Halo 4 is awhile now but I was wondering did they ever make the Resistor armor mod that was exclusive to the Champions bundle, unlocked for everyone like they said they would back in July?
Still no word after over 2 months. Can't believe they've kept a perk under a paywall for this long

Tawpgun

After they wrap on Master Chief (or at least end this arc...)

It would be interesting to create a new kind of game in the Halo universe. Something more battlefield esque with Ancient Humans vs Forerunners

monome

Something more battlefield esque with Ancient Humans vs Forerunners

this should be the "ODST" like spin-off series.

or the beefed-up spartan ops game.

with the choices made in Halo 4, the sooner Halo gets to breath air in a new corner of the universe, the better.

axpuhp.gif

It's weird being excited for a Killzone game and not the next Halo game right now. I feel like I'm in some weird alternate universe.

poncho wearing Chief in CG cutscene vs actual next-gen game...

I'm still looking forward for Halo over KZ, tho.

I am super excited for Killzone but also also excited for Halo 5. Especially since thats when I plan to get the new Xbox. Maybe even a special edition if I like what they do with the game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Shadowfall looks really good, but I am a tad skeptical after Killzone 3 (though I feel KZ2 is one of the best FPSes this generation).

Previews are good and gaffer impressions are positive, for whatever it's worth. I plan on buying it. All DLC maps will be free and there's no weapon unlock system aside from attachments. It runs at 60fps, too. I can't not support that.

Woorloog

Banned
eh I'm not really a fan of Killzone's gameplay, so yea not excited for that. Can't deny how amazing the graphics look though

Looks good but all i can think about KZSF gameplay is that first reveal... goddamn it looked so boring... A small burst and a enemy drops (i don't mind "bullet sponge" enemies as long as they act in interesting ways, and preferably react to getting shot), no variety in enemies (unlike Halo)... Yeah, perhaps they've shown much since and perhaps it does have more than what was in the first showing but that first impression wasn't very positive.

If we ever get another unconventional, non-Chief game I want to play as Bornstellar during the books. Gameplay is Journey meets Out of this World / Another World.

Shadowfall looks really good, but I am a tad skeptical after Killzone 3 (though I feel KZ2 is one of the best FPSes this generation).

Previews are good and gaffer impressions are positive, for whatever it's worth. I plan on buying it. All DLC maps will be free and there's no weapon unlock system aside from attachments. It runs at 60fps, too. I can't not support that.

Here some new MP stuff.

Wasn't feeling the MP after the gamescom video, but it's growing on me a lot. Will be a very nice alternative in regards to small scale battles compared to bf4's large scale stuff.

Is anyone here a gaming monitor nerd?

I'm looking for a new monitor for next gen (my gaming monitor that i have now doesn't have HDMI). In the 22" to 24" range. Can anyone link me to a good monitor (ASUS brand?) on amazon or newegg.

I feel like a total newb so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Fuchsdh

Is anyone here a gaming monitor nerd?

I'm looking for a new monitor for next gen (my gaming monitor that i have now doesn't have HDMI). In the 22" to 24" range. Can anyone link me to a good monitor (ASUS brand?) on amazon or newegg.

I feel like a total newb so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I got an ASUS VE248H from Newegg last year and was satisfied. HDMI VGA and DVI so I can leave my 360 and Mac plugged in, 2ms black to black response time, 1080p And LED backlight with very little bleed. Was $180 when I got it.

I got an ASUS VE248H from Newegg last year and was satisfied. HDMI VGA and DVI so I can leave my 360 and Mac plugged in, 2ms black to black response time, 1080p And LED backlight with very little bleed. Was $180 when I got it.

Thanks for the fast reply. That's pretty much exactly what I want. It's a tad cheaper now on amazon too!

Still no word after over 2 months. Can't believe they've kept a perk under a paywall for this long
They also told us that all the pre-order armor would be available to everyone eventually, but kind of forgot to mention that they'd make people pay for the game all over again to get it.

daedalius

Killzone gif looks pretty great, but I am definitely much more excited to see what 343 can do with next gen hardware for H5.

Other than a few small things, I am pretty happy with the art direction the new team took. All the Covenant don't need to look like lizards tho. My Awaking,: The art of H4, is on my main art shelf all the time.

NOKYARD

You modded that on there or similar? I was looking for an assault themed avatar and google image search served that gem up. Thanks, cheque's in the mail.

Nice CC work and bulletin Q&A by the way mate.

I found the source of the pics and the answer to your question.

It's from one of my active loadout screens. On that map the bomb drops into that location by spawning high above the map (about a 7 second drop) to prevent players from passing to their teammates by tossing it off the floating map and having the bomb respawn at center.

Top Bottom