• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

FyreWulff

Shadowfall looks really good, but I am a tad skeptical after Killzone 3 (though I feel KZ2 is one of the best FPSes this generation).

Previews are good and gaffer impressions are positive, for whatever it's worth. I plan on buying it. All DLC maps will be free and there's no weapon unlock system aside from attachments. It runs at 60fps, too. I can't not support that.
I know a lot of users hate this opinion, but I'm a part of the "Killzone is a mediocre franchise" camp. Games never seemed good to me. Killzone ShadowFall looks really good though, and I actually considered making that my launch game for the PS4. I eventually decided to just get Ghosts, but I'm keeping my eye on Shadow Fall. That lovely 60fps with those lovely graphics. <3

NOKYARD

Is it sad that I don't know if you're joking, and if you aren't, I didn't play enough Halo 4 to know?
In the next Grifball Playlist refresh all games will feature Mobility. One of the games, Grifball Dash, required AA Efficiency for the Thruster Pack to work like Evade did in Reach and we discovered you can place AA Efficiency in the loadouts and Mobility in the Base Player Traits.

I believe Throwdown does this as well with different Tactical Packages.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I know a lot of users hate this opinion, but I'm a part of the "Killzone is a mediocre franchise" camp. Games never seemed good to me. Killzone ShadowFall looks really good though, and I actually considered making that my launch game for the PS4. I eventually decided to just get Ghosts, but I'm keeping my eye on Shadow Fall. That lovely 60fps with those lovely graphics. <3

Wait, have you actually played the series before?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Nah. Saw my Brother In Law play it and he told me it was bad, which to me just confirmed my suspicions. :p Never gave it a chance after that, since none of them till Shadow Fall looked decent.

You have a PS3 right? KZ2 is one of the best FPSes this gen. KZ3 isn't as good but is still quality.

You have a PS3 right? KZ2 is one of the best FPSes this gen. KZ3 isn't as good but is still quality.
Not anymore. Sold my PS3 after I completed TLoU (regret this :( I want to play Beyond 2 Souls now). My Brother In Law still has his though. I'll see if I can borrow it for a while, and buy Killzone 2 if he lets me.

In the next Grifball Playlist refresh all games will feature Mobility. One of the games, Grifball Dash, required AA Efficiency for the Thruster Pack to work like Evade did in Reach and we discovered you can place AA Efficiency in the loadouts and Mobility in the Base Player Traits.

What are the different tactical packages used in throwdown?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Killzone has always looked boring as hell to me, too. (I've never played it either.)

I'll probably get Shadow Fall, but I'll also probably sell it a month later.

Defect

KZ2 is one of the best FPSes this gen.
xCkJH.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love the game mode in multiplayer that changes the objective every so often between deathmatch, CTF, etc.
Yeah, that's pretty cool. The customizable War Zones thing makes the game sound more appealing. Make it as balanced as possible.

Killzone Shadowfall seems awesome in practice but it looks too chunky for me. I'm more into energy weapons, space lasers, high movement speeds, etc.

CyReN

Killzone is a terrible series, amazing graphics. Just the gameplay and story is terribly bland.

Yes I've played the first 3.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, I'm borrowing my housemate's PS3 soon, and he has KZ3. I'll probably try that out before deciding on Shadow Fall. The gameplay really does look slow, plodding, and clunky.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh yeah, I'm borrowing my housemate's PS3 soon, and he has KZ3. I'll probably try that out before deciding on Shadow Fall. The gameplay really does look slow, plodding, and clunky.

KZ3's worse than 2 imo, but the mechanics feel more refined (better movement for sure).

If you wanna try out MP sometime, I'm down. It can be really fun

IHaveIce

Banned
Killzone is a terrible series, amazing graphics. Just the gameplay and story is terribly bland.

Yes I've played the first 3.

I have to agree. I also played the first 3 but never really got around to like them.

Well I mean it is ok, but nothing special.

Fuchsdh

If it makes you feel any better, the only real map I've ever made in 4 is Ricochet-only and it still sucks so much I didn't submit it.

Yours most likely would not have gotten past the mini game threshold. Although that they specifically mentioned it makes me really want to see some of this maps. I've been making a trench-warfare-styled assault-ish map that would never work for anything besides customs.

I have to agree. I also played the first 3 but never really got around to like them.

Well I mean it is ok, but nothing special.

+1 sentiment

TheOddOne

The 10 most powerful women in gaming
Kiki Wolfkill is an executive producer at Microsoft's 343 Industries game studio, which is responsible for the Halo entertainment franchise. In addition to developing Halo 4 and the upcoming Halo 5, Wolfkill has been responsible for the transmedia franchise that has spanned novels, comics, a web series, and an upcoming live-action series produced by Steven Spielberg. Wolfkill began her career as a motion graphics and cinematics artist. She previously served as director of art at Microsoft Studios, working with game developers on franchises like Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham Racing, Gears of War, and Mass Effect.
In addition to developing Halo 4 and the upcoming Halo 5
the upcoming Halo 5
giphy.gif

I'd like to see a game type with a heap of defaults on for all players e.g. dexterity + resupply + shielding + explosives + stability + recharge + firepower. Could be a nice fast and clean game type. Throw in rockets, snipers, OS & damage boost as map pickups for power plays and spawn focus on a tight map like Pitfall.

IHaveIce

Banned
*check post history*

Wow, Halo fanboi much?

You didn't have to look that far.

image.php

The sarcasm of you guys is overflowing. I hope it is sarcasm.

Also I couldn't even say which would be my favorite fps of this gen. There are so many good ones... Bioshock, Spec Ops, Halo 3 ODST... hm hard.

Though if general shooters Vanquish would also be high up the list.

Gratulations to Kiki, though I'm confused why Bonnie is not mentioned

Top Bottom