• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Booshka

Can I ask an honest question of the you guys since you play this more? Why is it that sitting in corners seems to be accepted in this game? In this game more than any other, I ALWAYS run into assholes just sitting in corners. It never changes. I rebought this game and am enjoying it, but goddamnit.

343 put an Achievement in an online multiplayer FPS that rewards camping. You literally have to stand still and do nothing, you get a reward for not playing the game. I guess it is some meta commentary that you should be rewarded for not playing Halo 4. Luckily, most of HaloGAF chose to not play Halo 4 long before they added that achievement.

FYC

Banned
Can I ask an honest question of the you guys since you play this more? Why is it that sitting in corners seems to be accepted in this game? In this game more than any other, I ALWAYS run into assholes just sitting in corners. It never changes. I rebought this game and am enjoying it, but goddamnit.

apKtwTt.png

:v

Booshka

The drama continues with Ghosts, there's no LAN lobbies from the sounds of it, can't disable kill streaks, no pre game timer.

yelp

Infinity Ward has never shown a serious interest in fostering their CoD games for competitive gaming and serious tournament play. Just more examples of this sentiment, even worse because they have to worry about next gen, so they probably gutted the games features.

It will be interesting if the ad dollars, sponsors and publisher support will force Ghosts to be the Competitive CoD title, when really it should probably just be another year of Blops 2.

I would just like to know what happened to the Spirit of Fire. At the end of Halo Wars they were heading back home but apparently never made it. As a result, ONI never found out about the Flood(at least, not until way later), the Spartans on the SoF never participated in the Reach campaign, and the UNSC ended up losing one of their best ships.

I liked Captain Cutter, too.

Fuchsdh

I would just like to know what happened to the Spirit of Fire. At the end of Halo Wars they were heading back home but apparently never made it. As a result, ONI never found out about the Flood(at least, not until way later), the Spartans on the SoF never participated in the Reach campaign, and the UNSC ended up losing one of their best ships.

I liked Captain Cutter, too.
Is like them to come back too, even if it's just a one-line mention or something so we know they eventually made it back.

Also I wonder what the "something's happened" in the legendary ending was supposed to be, or if they even knew. Maybe we can harass Graeme Devine and find out.

Mix

Hey guys, long time no see. What does GAF use to test download/upload speed? I think I got screwed over with my new ISP. Thanks guys

Hey guys, long time no see. What does GAF use to test download/upload speed? I think I got screwed over with my new ISP. Thanks guys

Hey buddy. Glad to see ya back.

I know the feeling of getting screwed by a new ISP. Going from FiOS in Florida where i was pulling host almost every game, going to Iowa's Mediacom that goes down at least once a week makes me want to bash my brains out.

I know Karl and Cyclone can testify.

daedalius

So far battlefield 4 feels like swat with long range ARs that kill you in one hit anywhere on your body.

It's pretty at least...

Anyone who thinks the halo 4 unlock system is like, at all annoying, you've obviously never played battlefield. Bf4s unlocks are possibly even worse than before.

Can't we just go back to never having unlocks ??

FYC

Banned

I dream. Wouldn't really care if cosmetic stuff was locked though.

I hate the unlock system in Black Ops 2. It's my understanding that you can't unlock everything until you hit Max Prestige. Bah.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So far battlefield 4 feels like swat with long range ARs that kill you in one hit anywhere on your body.

It's pretty at least...

Anyone who thinks the halo 4 unlock system is like, at all annoying, you've obviously never played battlefield. Bf4s unlocks are possibly even worse than before.

But why will the gamers come back to play?!?!

It's pretty at least...

I stopped playing BF3 after getting wasted by people I outsmarted just because they had already unlocked grips for their guns and could therefore shoot straighter regardless of what I did.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why do battered wives stick around?!?!
Because their spirit has been broken emotionally and mentally. Because they're afraid of their spouse finding them and being even more violent. Because their spouse has convinced them that they're worthless without them. Because the police probably won't help them. And a million other reasons.

Because their spirit has been broken emotionally and mentally. Because they're afraid of 343 not learning from past mistakes and breaking the game even more. Because Bungie/343 has convinced us that we're in the vocal minority. Because Microsoft probably won't help them; they are Microsoft. And a million other reasons/dollars.

Sounds about right.

Overdoziz

Banned
Because their spirit has been broken emotionally and mentally. Because they're afraid of their spouse finding them and being even more violent. Because their spouse has convinced them that they're worthless without them. Because the police probably won't help them. And a million other reasons.
Being rude to cops isn't being a dick, it's treating cops how they deserve to be treated. OP, I'd recommend looking up your basic legal rights when dealing with the cops. The "Know Your Rights" type stuff.

ibn3U6cPFWRkIP.gif

Fuchsdh

Tashi how many submissions did the CCs have to wade through for Ricochet? Snipe said hundreds but couldn't give me a closer number.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's going to be interesting to see if 343 takes a "new hardware, clean slate approach" or if they go all out with Infinity styled play. It could go either way.

I'm guessing we'll see some details in a couple months.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's going to be interesting to see if 343 takes a "new hardware, clean slate approach" or if they go all out with Infinity styled play. It could go either way.

Spike VGA?

daedalius

Infinity has been pretty marginalized at this point, I mean we even have "Team Slayer" again instead of "Infinity Slayer".

Random ordnance is mostly gone as well (thank goodness).

Oh, and my plan to make Shadowrun guns look like Halo guns is going well... mwahahahaha

Karl2177

I just played on a Ricochet map that had a big platform in the middle and you could see base to base and it was bad.

Edit: now I get shotgun ricochet across the board. The fuck is this?

Top Bottom