• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

wwm0nkey

Seems that Halo 3 SteamDB update meant something, Halo 1 & 2 were not updated along with Halo 3 so Halo 3 got an individual update.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What exclusives does Microsoft have coming in the months after launch besides Quantum Break and Fable? Halo's not til Fall 2014 right?

What exclusives does Microsoft have coming in the months after launch besides Quantum Break and Fable? Halo's not til Fall 2014 right?

I am not sure if QB makes it next year. Remedy is a small team and takes their time. Fable is fall right? Sunset has no date i believe. TitanFall and Halo 5 have the firmest releases so far.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo on Xbox One sounds like multiple titles, and Halo 5 is probably under it.

Agreed. But to say Halo 5 has one of the firmest releases is jumping the gun a little. I don't necessarily think it's this 2014 but maybe 2015. Still hoping for H2A next year.

Titan Fall

Quantum Break

Fable

Halo (5)

Sunset Overdrive

Kinect Sports Rivals

Think that's it, from the top of my head.

EDIT: Halo Spartan Assault

D4

Below

Whatever the hell Black Tusk is making.

Seems like a pretty solid list to me, honestly.

Speedy how did you forget ryse?

And project spark (?)

Get that shit out of here (Ryse is a launch title, which is why I didn't mention it, or mention Forza Motorsport 5 or Dead Rising 3.)

Nice catch with Project Spark, completely forgot about that. That isn't a launch game so it should be in that. Haha I just named everything that came to mind, so I probably missed a good amount. Don't know how I forgot Project Spark though, one of my most anticipated games. Can't wait to see what people make with it. I won't make anything good, since I'm terrible at creative games, but I know the community will make fantastic creations.

Nebula

Agreed. But to say Halo 5 has one of the firmest releases is jumping the gun a little. I don't necessarily think it's this 2014 but maybe 2015. Still hoping for H2A next year.

H2A with multiplayer on Dedis would be glorious. Sounds so good that it might keep more than 20k people after a year.

Well 343 did say the "Halo trailer" doesn't actually have anything to do with the story of the game, or something like that.

Maybe the reason Axis Animation deleted their video was because they realized they made a mistake and that trailer wasn't for Halo 5, and it was just a trailer for Halo on the XBox One in general. The actual 2014 Halo release is Halo 2 Anniversary.

lol

Tashi

Why wouldn't they call it Halo 5?
Kinda odd for MS to switch title names or not announce them yet... Rip Recon

My guess is that there are multiple titles in the works, each of which are 60fps with dedicated servers. However, the first title released won't be H5. That's my guess. We'll see though.

343's gonna have a hard time selling me H5 if H2A comes out and delivers like I hope it does haha. That'd be a nice problem to have.

Newt

My guess is that there are multiple titles in the works, each of which are 60fps with dedicated servers. However, the first title released won't be H5. That's my guess. We'll see though.

343's gonna have a hard time selling me H5 if H2A comes out and delivers like I hope it does haha. That'd be a nice problem to have.
"We can't have multiplayer because it would be too polarizing considering the Halo 5 fanbase."

Titan Fall

Quantum Break

Fable

Halo (5)

Sunset Overdrive

Kinect Sports Rivals

Think that's it, from the top of my head.

EDIT: Halo Spartan Assault

D4

Below

Whatever the hell Black Tusk is making.

Seems like a pretty solid list to me, honestly.

I doubt the black tusk game gets released next year. We don't even know the name of the game yet.

Even though it'd get criticized to hell and back, what if they moved some assets around and had Halo 1 + 2 + 3 released as a CEA-styled trilogy bundle with toggleable new / old graphics? That is, the main trilogy would all look CEA-styled, so while it's not everyone's favorite aesthetic, it would at least be consistent.

It could get an XBO release and likewise be ported to Steam. No idea on the multi.

Hype this up, Tashi.

You're the only one who can do it.

Someone tell Kotaku that Grunt Lunch Rush Simulator 2013 is going to be an XBO launch title.

Also H2 does not have to be anniversary. They can just release it any time really. They will most likely sell original xbox and xbox 360 games on the marketplace for xbox one. There's too much money to be made from that to not do it.

FyreWulff

Halo on Xbox One sounds like multiple titles, and Halo 5 is probably under it.

Quick key:

if the Xbox One explodes and sells millions upon millions of units, Halo Xbox One will be renamed to Halo 5.

If the Xbox One struggles after the initial rush or takes a while, it's not going to be named Halo 5.

Gotta keep that mainline sequels always outselling the previous one chain going, and it's not going to happen if the next Halo comes out on a 4 million console install base.

Hype this up, Tashi.

You're the only one who can do it.

FUCK..... i just want some news, Frankie!

I really wonder what 343 will do with the next title. I can see the Halo coming out next year being Halo Wars 2, giving them a bit more time with Halo 5. (And it can still be 60 fps with dedis with HW2)

Quick key:

if the Xbox One explodes and sells millions upon millions of units, Halo Xbox One will be renamed to Halo 5.

If the Xbox One struggles after the initial rush or takes a while, it's not going to be named Halo 5.

Gotta keep that mainline sequels always outselling the previous one chain going, and it's not going to happen if the next Halo comes out on a 4 million console install base.

Halo 3 is still the best selling Halo title. Dont be fooled by MS PR.

Quick key:

That's your thinking on the naming ambiguity reasoning?
There's no way an outsell of Halo 3/4 happens in the first 15 months of the new consoles. If that's the reasoning it won't be called Halo 5.
FUCK..... i just want some news, Frankie!

I really wonder what 343 will do with the next title. I can see the Halo coming out next year being Halo Wars 2, giving them a bit more time with Halo 5. (And it can still be 60 fps with dedis with HW2)
Can you see Superman flying around too?
lol such a troll!

You want me to hype it up? 60fps babyyyy!!! Amirite?! Guys?!
I'll take 30 fps and a better art style. No? Shame.

FyreWulff

Halo 3 is still the best selling Halo title. Dont be fooled by MS PR.

Lifetime. For opening week sales, each mainline Halo title has sold at least 20,000,000$ more than the last one. 3 to Reach to 4.

And yes, I certainly feel they're being protectionist over mainline titles having bigger and bigger numbers. That's what publishers do.

Master Chief thought he defeated Halo, but there's a new enemy on the horizon... Shadow Halo

image.php

I've been a pretty big fan of the Forza series, good graphics, fun gameplay, I love the relation they have with Top Gear, which is an awesome show, I'd love a Halo Theme'd track with the warthog, couldn't be that difficult, just change a skybox lol.

Makes sense. Thanks Toshi.
If H2A ever does come out WITH the MP untouched then would that be a conflict of interest against any current or future Halo online population and perhaps sales?

I have a question sort of regarding XB1 Cloud powered A.I. Just wondering what's your opinion(s) about this since you have experience and very good input with Halo.

Would it be good to add an update allowing A.I. into Halo MP for online/offline modes?

Or would that time & resources be better off polishing the MP first and only foremost?

Fuchsdh

Why do people think H2A would come out with its own multiplayer? Microsoft wouldn't want another multiplayer shooter coming out shortly before another entry in the franchise, and now you're talking about trying to port the game to a different architecture. While the integration of Anniversary maps was poorly handled, it makes far more sense to provide an add-on component since replicating the game will be nigh impossible anyhow.

Why do people think H2A would come out with its own multiplayer? Microsoft wouldn't want another multiplayer shooter coming out shortly before another entry in the franchise, and now you're talking about trying to port the game to a different architecture. While the integration of Anniversary maps was poorly handled, it makes far more sense to provide an add-on component since replicating the game will be nigh impossible anyhow.

what? they can put it on xbox one,reworking it shouldn't be that hard. PS3 gets ps2 games and we know how hard ps2 was to develop for.

Tashi

Makes sense. Thanks Toshi.
If H2A ever does come out WITH the MP untouched then would that be a conflict of interest against any current or future Halo online population and perhaps sales?

I have a question sort of regarding XB1 Cloud powered A.I. Just wondering what's your opinion(s) about this since you have experience and very good input with Halo.

Would it be good to add an update allowing A.I. into Halo MP for online/offline modes?

Or would that time & resources be better off polishing the MP first and only foremost?

What do you mean untouched? Anyway I think at this point considering the current amount of people actively playing Halo, it'd be a good problem to have. It's almost like what Activision has with CoD. They want tons of people playing Halo. Whether it's Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary. If they deliver on Halo 2 Anniversary (active community, lots playing) then it's up to them to make Halo 5 great enough for people to feel like they have to buy that game as well.

Even if Halo 2 Anniversary is incredible and everyone is playing it, people will still buy and play H5. Don't forget, most people to buy Halo don't go online with it. The story/campaign is a huge draw. As long as Halo 5 is indeed the next best thing, they'll have nothing to worry about.

As far as cloud computing goes, I'd like to think that 343 has had intimate knowledge of exactly what they can and can't do on the cloud on Microsoft's most important IP. I think we'll see more offloaded to the cloud than just AI. Not sure what. I'm prepared to be blown away.

What if Halo finally had bots through the cloud? Bots that could continually learn and become more varied and smarter as time goes on. Or allow more enemies and varied enemies in a new FireFight type mode?

As far as resources spent I have no idea. It all depends on what they already have planned and where they want to go.

edit; HaloGAF Customs: http://halogaf.com/2013/11/01/halogaf-customs-november-2nd-2013-halo-4/

blamite

H2A in 2014 with its original multiplayer. Halo 5 in 2015, multiplayer is DLC for H2A. Believe
in disappointment

FyreWulff

Microsoft doesn't care about Haloez cutting into each other anymore.

orznge

Banned
What do you mean untouched? Anyway I think at this point considering the current amount of people actively playing Halo, it'd be a good problem to have. It's almost like what Activision has with CoD. They want tons of people playing Halo. Whether it's Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary. If they deliver on Halo 2 Anniversary (active community, lots playing) then it's up to them to make Halo 5 great enough for people to feel like they have to buy that game as well.

Even if Halo 2 Anniversary is incredible and everyone is playing it, people will still buy and play H5. Don't forget, most people to buy Halo don't go online with it. The story/campaign is a huge draw. As long as Halo 5 is indeed the next best thing, they'll have nothing to worry about.

As far as cloud computing goes, I'd like to think that 343 has had intimate knowledge of exactly what they can and can't do on the cloud on Microsoft's most important IP. I think we'll see more offloaded to the cloud than just AI. Not sure what. I'm prepared to be blown away.

What if Halo finally had bots through the cloud? Bots that could continually learn and become more varied and smarter as time goes on. Or allow more enemies and varied enemies in a new FireFight type mode?

As far as resources spent I have no idea. It all depends on what they already have planned and where they want to go.

edit; HaloGAF Customs: http://halogaf.com/2013/11/01/halogaf-customs-november-2nd-2013-halo-4/

no offense because I totally appreciate the sentiment of your post but having people stick around on old games does not bring in revenue

"You guys want Halo 2 Anniversary? Well, you're in luck! We're releasing Halo 4 Free, a completely remastered Halo 4 experience in line with the Game of the Year Edition! Releasing for the Xbox One in early December, it'll be just in time for Christmas. Halo 4 Free will also have access to Tearjerker, a Waterworks remake for only $7.99 USD or 3800 Euros!"

"...will it at least fix the graphical issues or have 60FPS? And it's free?"

"I'm glad you asked! Halo 4 features the same stellar, blockbuster graphical fidelity of the original. And yes, Halo 4 Free is very much free! To maintain consumer interest, Spartan Points have been replaced by pash packs and prior DLC, additional armor specs, Turbo settings, and future cosmetics are all available for purchase."

Booshka

I still really want Halo 2 Anniversary to have no MP. Cruel and unusual punishment to HaloGAF, not enough of you gave a shit that CEA was Reach DLC. So, I want to see all the whining and complaining when they give Halo 2 the same treatment.

Halo 2 doesn't have sprint anyway, so it would be just too damn confusing to try and keep the Sprint bullshit in new Halos when the older ones play better without it.

Top Bottom