• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

daedalius

HNNNNGGGG

ipJ3DSWZKaAwo.gif

gAg CruSh3r

Obligatory RIP Falcon and Grenade Launcher post.

The two best things in Reach need to return.

Yes Yesssssss Yesssssssssss! I want more flying vehicles give us hornets, falcons, banshee and a new flying vehicles. Please!!! Just more vehicles please.. With a amazing sandbox to play with :)

FyreWulff

I think it was part of the focusing down of the sandbox. The Spectre/Prowler were essentially Covenant copies of the Warthog. The Rev sits between the ghost and warthog on the offensive vehicle scale (1 man w/ gun, 2 man w/ gun, 3 man w/ gun)

Best addition for me though, was the Falcon. That was a really well done vehicle.

The Spectre was also really good at scaling vertical walls.. lol

I think it was part of the focusing down of the sandbox. The Spectre/Prowler were essentially Covenant copies of the Warthog. The Rev sits between the ghost and warthog on the offensive vehicle scale (1 man w/ gun, 2 man w/ gun, 3 man w/ gun)

Best addition for me though, was the Falcon. That was a really well done vehicle.

The Spectre was also really good at scaling vertical walls.. lol

A Chopper and a Mech (and the Halo 3 Banshee) would be nice, but other than that I have to say Reach pretty much nailed the vehicle sandbox otherwise. I'm probably not the best person to judge, though, considering I'd be fine with a robust vehicle sandbox as big as the weapon sandbox itself - for campaign and big team, anyway.

I loved getting out of Containment with the Spectre. Dat wall-climbing ability.

Lead writer of Halo 4 leaves 343 Industries today.

Bk75KFN.png

Something something salt.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand why this thing wasn't in Reach/4, it literally is such a fun vehicle.
343 had a great opportunity to bring it back but with a Forerunner coat of paint in Halo 4. They could have made it into some morphing Transformers x Tron deathbike shit.

Fuchsdh

... So many 343 employees are leaving, wonder why?Are they just using Halo for a nice bullet point on their resumes or something? Work on it, ship it, have a nicer resume, jump to something else?

Like Hydra said a lot of developers shift around a lot. But it always seemed to me that 343's biggest long-term issue would be retaining talent because it's a one-franchise studio.

The nagging downside of all the turnover is it makes me worry about people actually learning the lessons from previous work. It's easy to say "don't worry, the story will be fine, I'm not that guy who left" and then fall into the same traps.

So apparently Microsoft is sending out codes to get the full version of Killer Instinct for free on Xbox One, to "loyal" Xbox Supporters, and I didn't fucking get one.

Guess I'm not loyal enough. Fucking god damn it Microsoft. I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS SALT.

Nebula

So apparently Microsoft is sending out codes to get the full version of Killer Instinct for free on Xbox One, to "loyal" Xbox Supporters, and I didn't fucking get one.

Guess I'm not loyal enough. Fucking god damn it Microsoft. I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS SALT.

Banned for being MS shill.

Not loyal enough.

You'd drop $60 on a free code.
I already planned to buy KI, so that's why I'm salty about the thing. :p It's one thing to not get a gift I obviously don't deserve (For example, they made it clear its only for Xbox Live Users with 8 plus years of Gold, I won't complain I know I don't "Deserve" anything. But just a gift for "being a dedicated" Xbox Fan, and not receiving one is just a little slap in the face.

Banned for being MS shill.

Not loyal enough.
Exactly. :( What kind of bullshit is this Microsoft!

I already planned to buy KI, so that's why I'm salty about the thing. :p It's one thing to not get a gift I obviously don't deserve (For example, they made it clear its only for Xbox Live Users with 8 plus years of Gold, I won't complain I know I don't "Deserve" anything. But just a gift for "being a dedicated" Xbox Fan, and not receiving one is just a little slap in the face.

How many years of Gold do you have under your belt?

same, lol. I have the Xbox One pre-ordered since they announced it specifically for KI.

oh well

How many years of Gold do you have under your belt?

I don't think it matters, people in the other thread said they have 10 years and they didn't get an email. I think I have 7 or 8 and I didn't get anything.

Omni

I saw someone posted FyreWulff's thread on bungie.net. He's like an Internet celebrity and whatnot.

I didn't get any rewards from Xbox Live either. Breaking my heart, MS (not that I usually get anything in these promotions anyway).

Shit, man, I dunno what to say. Send the support team a link to your post history.
haha. No seriously I'm kind of insulted. Been excited since May 21st, stuck with it through all the fuck ups and bullshit DRM, Pre-Ordered Literally 10 minutes after E3 when the price was announced. I seriously ran to GameStop and was the first one to Pre-Order. Yet apparently I'm not good enough for free shit.

And even though I'm insulted, I'm still buying an Xbox One. :(

haha. No seriously I'm kind of insulted. Been excited since May 21st, stuck with it through all the fuck ups and bullshit DRM, Pre-Ordered Literally 10 minutes after E3 when the price was announced. I seriously ran to GameStop and was the first one to Pre-Order. Yet apparently I'm not good enough for free shit.

residentsleeper.png

Omni

Rampant fanboyism gets you nowhere.

Now if only someone could tell that to all the juniors in gaming side.

4 years. So apparently their even giving out free Xbox Ones in this email.

The only email I got giving me free shit is a fucking car in Forza 5. GUYS THIS SALT.

You're lucky, Been with Live since the 360 launched. Spent lots of money on the store. over 50K gamescore. and I didn't even get a free fucking car.

Fuchsdh

Why get entitled about giveaway stuff? I know people who have gone up to 343 and a bungie peeps at cons and demanded free stuff--it's ugly, it's crass, and it makes you look like a child.

Why get entitled about giveaway stuff? I know people who have gone up to 343 and a bungie peeps at cons and demanded free stuff--it's ugly, it's crass, and it makes you look like a child.

If I want to ask that girl who went around in the Kat armor for 343 at a con to teabag me in a public bathroom, then by god and country, I shall.

Omni

Oh wow. I can't even imagine finally meeting someone from Bungie or 343i and demanding free stuff... or anyone at all, really.

Fuchsdh

Oh wow. I can't even imagine finally meeting someone from Bungie or 343i and demanding free stuff... or anyone at all, really.
Well, it's not limited to video games. A company I did graphics for was celebrating its 500th YouTube giveaway with a $200 gift certificate to their store, and the response from everyone was "WTF why aren't you giving us iPads!?"

Speedy, if I get anything I'll send it to you. God knows you need it more than I do.

Also, completely hypothetical question: if anyone knows or has any experience with it, how moddable is Quake Live? Has source code been released?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

How are they being distributed babby?

Sounds like it's just an excuse to hand out codes to their friends and people they like given the subjectivity of the criteria.

Top Bottom