• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

LOL I love that 343 did this to Halo because if this was Halo 2 era (2004 without the explosion of social media), we'd be doomed for another 10 years.

My body is ready for a next gen Halo, disappointments and all.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Take a step back, catch your breath, get some perspective, and read what you're posting.

It is 100% not that big of a deal. They are a massive, multibillion dollar corporation. They do not care about any individual outside of you being a number in their database that is composed of a purchase history, a gamerscore, how many years you've subscribed to their paywall service, and whether or not you checked yes in the "Can we market our crap to you by spamming your email?" box. They do not notice your posts on a forum, Penello and Hyrb are not marking your name down on a list after smiling and saying "Yeah, this guy gets it!" They have no data linking your Live account to how fast you sprinted to a Gamestop to fork your money over as an interest-free loan to another group of accountants. This is a marketing ploy because again, they are a corporation, not your friend. It's not an insult, you just weren't on their spreadsheet. You're feeling unappreciated, insulted, and as though you were slapped in the face by a robot.
xHhtJPk.gif

It's all about the money.
I kind of get why people are excited for Killer Instinct since its not really a "hard core" fighter but I don't get why people don't get excited for Persona 4 Arena which is basically Fighting Games 101 and has a new version coming out or Guilty Gear Xrd which looks amazing in motion. I mean Killer Instinct has pretty particle but come on this is just crazy good cellshading

ibr289auxRXtU5.gif
Gonna agree with you right there, Guilty Gear trashes Killer Instinct.

I kind of get why people are excited for Killer Instinct since its not really a "hard core" fighter but I don't get why people don't get excited for Persona 4 Arena which is basically Fighting Games 101 and has a new version coming out or Guilty Gear Xrd which looks amazing in motion. I mean Killer Instinct has pretty particle but come on this is just crazy good cellshading

ibr289auxRXtU5.gif

How is the new KI not a hardcore fighting game? Pretty sure everyone who's played it mentioned the amount of depth the game has.

Someone in the Fyre thread said his friend was disappointed with H4 MP that they switched to ACM MP.

Do you understand how shitty H4 is to cause this kind of effect?

I know, but there are plenty of good games on the 360 like Halo 3, Battlefield games, I understand getting rid of your Halo 4 copy, but bricking your 360 because of one game is ridiculous and quite honestly, pretty childish.

Which is why i'm betting that Xbox was probably broken before he threw it out.

LOL I love that 343 did this to Halo because if this was Halo 2 era (2004 without the explosion of social media), we'd be doomed for another 10 years.

My body is ready for a next gen Halo, disappointments and all.

Funk gets it. I honestly couldn't care less whether or not next gen Halo is the savior of arena shooters or the biggest let down since calladuty wow such doge edition.

The reactions are going to be phenomenal.

wwm0nkey

How is the new KI not a hardcore fighting game? Pretty sure everyone who's played it mentioned the amount of depth the game has.

put it in quotations because most of the comments I see usually follow along the lines of they are not into fighting games but it looks like button mashing fun. Not denying the game has a lot of depth but that doesn't seem to be the reason some are interested in it. I mean I hope Dojo mode games people into the hardcore aspect but I see people being excited about it for a week or 2 and then just ditch it like what happens to most fighting games sadly.

Wish P4A took off a bit more since that made learning fighting game mechanics a breeze.

Fuchsdh

ibr289auxRXtU5.gif

As an animator I can appreciate the very nice easing and deceleration on the breasts, but seriously why is that even necessary.

Gonna' go play me some Halo 4.

put it in quotations because most of the comments I see usually follow along the lines of they are not into fighting games but it looks like button mashing fun. Not denying the game has a lot of depth but that doesn't seem to be the reason some are interested in it. I mean I hope Dojo mode games people into the hardcore aspect but I see people being excited about it for a week or 2 and then just ditch it like what happens to most fighting games sadly.

Wish P4A took off a bit more since that made learning fighting game mechanics a breeze.

Do not underestimate dat nostalgia. KI bleeds hype and fun.

Also, we got Maximillian on our side for PUMPING the crap outta this game. Can't wait for a flood of vids once the game is out B] - I just hope it does well because Double Helix has been doing a good job with the resources they have and exceptional community interaction.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Wow I can't believe Halo 4 is a year old.

Do y'all still remember when they teased it after the Reach E3 stuff and everyone was like whoaaaaa fuck that's gonna be crazy. Yeah I definitely remember that.

wwm0nkey

As an animator I can appreciate the very nice easing and deceleration on the breasts, but seriously why is that even necessary.

Gonna' go play me some Halo 4.

Its I-no, thats why.

Do not underestimate dat nostalgia. KI bleeds hype and fun.

Also, we got Maximillian on our side for PUMPING the crap outta this game. Can't wait for a flood of vids once the game is out B] - I just hope it does well because Double Helix has been doing a good job with the resources they have and exceptional community interaction.
I would say KI probobaly has less nostalgia for it than Banjo Kazooie or Jet Force Gemini even. Again don't get me wrong looks like a fun game and I am sure its amazing considering all I've heard about it, but with some of the comments I am seeing it will be a 2 week game for most before its forgotten, but its Free to Play so there should always be a community for it which is great.

Fuchsdh

I can play in like two and a half hours if you're still on. I'll come back later and post to see if you're still on.

Going to be running a co-op campaign sesh with some HBO chaps at 10PM CST. Otherwise I'm around or idling while I catch up on some art.

Also, if you want to watch me be bad at Halo and see some pretty interesting fan-made encounters in CE, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP4X_nLno8M&list=PLOEXo6tgsbaF71HU4NKR4hcZLiVdGVo2n&index=2

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Birthday playlist has the Grunt Birthday effect on from Reach. I don't know about you guys but that was the effect I used and I fuckin loved it. Pretty cool to hear the HOORAY again.

Birthday playlist has the Grunt Birthday effect on from Reach. I don't know about you guys but that was the effect I used and I fuckin loved it. Pretty cool to hear the HOORAY again.

But goddamn can it be annoying. Especially when it's Fuchshdshdshd's GAF custom night. We play a gametype called flyswatter, it's fun, BUT GATDAMN, you have to mute that shit for risk of going insane.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
repeating myself from elsewhere, but:

I'm bored enough to play the H4 bday playlist and H4 servers are down

xfgdrtyufiohkjlgvydtrtyiuo;jhlgiuydtr56987pyg

GhaleonEB

A while ago there was a short video posted in here showing the Survivor (I think?) perk in action. Dude lasers a Banshee, dude in the Banshee survives and kills the dude with the laser while jetpacking. Anyone got it handy?

But goddamn can it be annoying. Especially when it's Fuchshdshdshd's GAF custom night. We play a gametype called flyswatter, it's fun, BUT GATDAMN, you have to mute that shit for risk of going insane.

lol that was kind of fun though in an extremely frustrating way.

Of all the stuff we tried that night, it is in my top three along with:
- Prop Hunt | Undisputed #1
- Flyswatter
- Obstacle course King of the Hill thing running to avoid the line

lol that was kind of fun though in an extremely frustrating way.

Of all the stuff we tried that night, it is in my top three along with:
- Prop Hunt | Undisputed #1
- Flyswatter
- Obstacle course King of the Hill thing running to avoid the line

Prop Hunt, was probably some of the most fun I've ever had in a Halo game. And that was in Halo 4 too!

Thank God for modders.

Top Bottom