• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Expect the worst, hope for the best. I will not be there day one for the next Halo game, for sure.

The Chopper. <3
Chopper, you say?

2s1xjexbsss1.jpg

14np5rb9fs0z.jpg

Havok

So apparently Microsoft is sending out codes to get the full version of Killer Instinct for free on Xbox One, to "loyal" Xbox Supporters, and I didn't fucking get one.

Guess I'm not loyal enough. Fucking god damn it Microsoft. I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS SALT.
I already planned to buy KI, so that's why I'm salty about the thing. :p It's one thing to not get a gift I obviously don't deserve (For example, they made it clear its only for Xbox Live Users with 8 plus years of Gold, I won't complain I know I don't "Deserve" anything. But just a gift for "being a dedicated" Xbox Fan, and not receiving one is just a little slap in the face.

Exactly. :( What kind of bullshit is this Microsoft!
Damn. ;~; Why you no live me Microsoft.

>takes off Xbox One hoodie I made
>Throws away my Nokia 1020 Windows Phone
>Pulls off my Zune
>Smashes my Windows 8 Laptop and Desktop
>Cancel Xbox One Pre-Order

Haha no but seriously I feel unappreciated now. Apparently I'm not good enough to get free stuff from Microsoft. :(
haha. No seriously I'm kind of insulted. Been excited since May 21st, stuck with it through all the fuck ups and bullshit DRM, Pre-Ordered Literally 10 minutes after E3 when the price was announced. I seriously ran to GameStop and was the first one to Pre-Order. Yet apparently I'm not good enough for free shit.

And even though I'm insulted, I'm still buying an Xbox One. :(
Take a step back, catch your breath, get some perspective, and read what you're posting.

It is 100% not that big of a deal. They are a massive, multibillion dollar corporation. They do not care about any individual outside of you being a number in their database that is composed of a purchase history, a gamerscore, how many years you've subscribed to their paywall service, and whether or not you checked yes in the "Can we market our crap to you by spamming your email?" box. They do not notice your posts on a forum, Penello and Hyrb are not marking your name down on a list after smiling and saying "Yeah, this guy gets it!" They have no data linking your Live account to how fast you sprinted to a Gamestop to fork your money over as an interest-free loan to another group of accountants. This is a marketing ploy because again, they are a corporation, not your friend. It's not an insult, you just weren't on their spreadsheet. You're feeling unappreciated, insulted, and as though you were slapped in the face by a robot.

Take a step back, catch your breath, get some perspective, and read what you're posting.

It is 100% not that big of a deal. They are a massive, multibillion dollar corporation. They do not care about any individual outside of you being a number in their database that is composed of a purchase history, a gamerscore, and how many years you've subscribed to their paywall service. They do not notice your posts on a forum, Penello and Hyrb are not marking your name down on a list after smiling and saying "Yeah, this guy gets it!" They have no data linking your Live account to how fast you sprinted to a Gamestop to fork your money over as an interest-free loan to another group of accountants. This is a marketing ploy because again, they are a corporation, not your friend. It's not an insult, you just weren't on their spreadsheet.
Ehh. In all honesty I'm not that upset. I'm pretty disappointed and still checking my email, but if in the end I don't get anything, I'm okay with it. I even admit to joking about the situation with the constant jokes and "haha".

Am I a little upset over not getting anything for free? Yeah. I feel like if they're giving away stuff to "dedicated" users, and I fit all criterias, I should get something. This isn't a situation like the "Celebrate 10 years of Xbox Live" where I know I'm not getting anything, and I'm okay with that. Even now I'm okay with not getting anything, shits random and I'm in the same group as a million other gamers. It does sting a bit.

Ultimately, do I care? No. Not really. By the end of the day I'm not going to really care I didn't get anything. It doesn't affect me in any way, nor effect my plans for their product. It would just be nice to have. But whatever, you don't always get what you want. No reason to hold my head down and be angry or jealous of those who got their free stuff, and its no reason to hold a grudge against anyone/anything.

In the end Microsoft is just a company that doesn't give a fuck about me or anyone else, just like I don't really give a fuck about them. :p They just make nice products that I want to purchase (Zune, Windows Phone, Windows 8) and products I want to get excited for, not because of Microsoft, but because of the social aspect of it. My friends are excited for the Xbox One, GAF is, everyone at the Mid Night launch is, etc. Might as well jump in on the fun and get a little enthusiastic about it and have some fun by wearing some merchandise.

I have a personality where I like to over exaggerate for some laughs. The "I CANT HANDLE THE SALT!" and ">breaks stuff" were all for fun and sort of laughing at the entire situation. Same with my tweets to @Xbox and @Microsoft saying stuff like "I Love you guys give me free stuff <3"

I don't really care that much. Yes it stings a bit, but I'm not expecting a business made for earning my money to care about me on a personal level. This doesn't matter.

They already have your money Speedy. Why would they need to do anything else like give you free stuff.
They don't have to, they probably won't. Like I said, they're just a company and want my money, they already have my purchase, they have no reason to give me anything. I understand this. Hence why in reality I'm not that upset.

Nebula

Yeah I know who am I kidding. What the fuck guys I want free stuff DX

I'm going to go apply for a job at NVIDIA at this rate I'm salty enough to work there.

NVIDIA were about to send you a custom built PC but I guess you don't want it.

Also Ghosts blows. I have no FPS games to play anymore. Moving to PC.

Fuchsdh

NVIDIA were about to send you a custom built PC but I guess you don't want it.

Also Ghosts blows. I have no FPS games to play anymore. Moving to PC.
In terms of shooters. I'm not entirely sure what's worth moving to PC for.

(Only one I played often was Urban Terror but that game has cratered since last I played.)

Nebula

(Only one I played often was Urban Terror but that game has cratered since last I played.)

Think I'm done with FPS games overall. Moving to PC for the selection of other genres. Oh and graphix.

Fuchsdh

Think I'm done with FPS games overall. Moving to PC for the selection of other genres. Oh and graphix.
Fair enough. As a Mac gamer I'm often happy about the new limited selection of games since I'm more choosy and I don't have the same issues with drivers and nonsense.

haha. No seriously I'm kind of insulted. Been excited since May 21st, stuck with it through all the fuck ups and bullshit DRM, Pre-Ordered Literally 10 minutes after E3 when the price was announced. I seriously ran to GameStop and was the first one to Pre-Order. Yet apparently I'm not good enough for free shit.

And even though I'm insulted, I'm still buying an Xbox One. :(

I already planned to buy KI, so that's why I'm salty about the thing. :p It's one thing to not get a gift I obviously don't deserve (For example, they made it clear its only for Xbox Live Users with 8 plus years of Gold, I won't complain I know I don't "Deserve" anything. But just a gift for "being a dedicated" Xbox Fan, and not receiving one is just a little slap in the face.

Exactly. :( What kind of bullshit is this Microsoft!

Ehh. In all honesty I'm not that upset. I'm pretty disappointed and still checking my email, but if in the end I don't get anything, I'm okay with it. I even admit to joking about the situation with the constant jokes and "haha".

Am I a little upset over not getting anything for free? Yeah. I feel like if they're giving away stuff to "dedicated" users, and I fit all criterias, I should get something. This isn't a situation like the "Celebrate 10 years of Xbox Live" where I know I'm not getting anything, and I'm okay with that. Even now I'm okay with not getting anything, shits random and I'm in the same group as a million other gamers. It does sting a bit.

Ultimately, do I care? No. Not really. By the end of the day I'm not going to really care I didn't get anything. It doesn't affect me in any way, nor effect my plans for their product. It would just be nice to have. But whatever, you don't always get what you want. No reason to hold my head down and be angry or jealous of those who got their free stuff, and its no reason to hold a grudge against anyone/anything.

In the end Microsoft is just a company that doesn't give a fuck about me or anyone else, just like I don't really give a fuck about them. :p They just make nice products that I want to purchase (Zune, Windows Phone, Windows 8) and products I want to get excited for, not because of Microsoft, but because of the social aspect of it. My friends are excited for the Xbox One, GAF is, everyone at the Mid Night launch is, etc. Might as well jump in on the fun and get a little enthusiastic about it and have some fun by wearing some merchandise.

I have a personality where I like to over exaggerate for some laughs. The "I CANT HANDLE THE SALT!" and ">breaks stuff" were all for fun and sort of laughing at the entire situation. Same with my tweets to @Xbox and @Microsoft saying stuff like "I Love you guys give me free stuff <3"

I don't really care that much. Yes it stings a bit, but I'm not expecting a business made for earning my money to care about me on a personal level. This doesn't matter.

Says he fits all criteria for being dedicated. Only has 4 years of Gold.

I also enjoy how he says stuff like "No seriously I'm kind of insulted" and "even though I'm insulted", he also claims indifference to it all. Can't have it both ways.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
They have no data linking your Live account to how fast you sprinted to a Gamestop to fork your money over as an interest-free loan to another group of accountants.

Haha, this line is fantastic. Pre-ordering is one of the silliest things currently in the industry especially when it is for digital content, it literally is an interest free loan to a big corporation. It plays such a big part in promoting hype over substance.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just buy an Xbox One and all of KI's characters at launch, Speedy. That'll show them that you are a valuable consumer.

Hey Speedy and other people interested, Halo Waypoint just posted this link which should help those who haven't gotten an email yet.
I actually want that Track Jacket but I don't do Track. Think I'd look lame wearing a Track Jacket just because I like it?

Says he fits all criteria for being dedicated. Only has 4 years of Gold.

I also enjoy how he says stuff like "No seriously I'm kind of insulted" and "even though I'm insulted", he also claims indifference to it all. Can't have it both ways.
I'm on my phone so I can really pull up specific quotes, but there's a reason I kept repeating "I'm not THAT upset."

I'm offended, I'm upset, I want free stuff, everyone does. But ultimately I do not care. It's silly to be angry or jealous over this. It doesn't affect me at all. It'd be nice to have free stuff, I didn't get any. Tough luck for me. That's life. I didn't get my way, I'm not always going to get my way. I need to deal with it, I'm going up.

Haha, this line is fantastic. Pre-ordering is one of the silliest things currently in the industry especially when it is for digital content, it literally is an interest free loan to a big corporation. It plays such a big part in promoting hype over substance.

Holy shit I've never thought of it like this. God that explains why companies want you to pre-order. Holy crap. Wonder how much GameStop has made with my $1000 from Pre-orders. o_O

feel

CSGO.

Matchmaking with ranks, satisfying gameplay, balanced, highly skill based, teamwork dependent, "theater" to save clutch moments, good pro events. Playing it with friends every night is like the Halo 3 days reborn for me, except with way less Shiska-like mismanaging. And no the console version is not close to being the same.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member

Quake Live and Counter Strike for multiplayer. Pretty much better than anything that is or has been on console if you want a competitive game.

Every shooting game imo is a way better experience with a mouse and kb as well as smooth framerate and nice wide field of view. After playing shooters on PC and then going back to console it sometimes feels like I have binoculars strapped to my head, the fov is so narrow in some games.

In terms of single player shooters there's loads of good ones. One game I never get bored going back to is Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead (Crysis 1.5 effectively). The gameplay is great with big open areas, satisfying weapons and the un-nerfed nanosuit that allows for some really creative play. You can play classics with HD graphics. For example Quake 1 with Epsilon HD mod and Black Mesa (Remake of Half Life). Both of these games with updated graphics I feel are way better than most recent shooters.

You also have access to the superior version of the vast majority of multi-plat shooters anyway.

Fuchsdh

This is true, but it also is a win for the customer too in that it can be a tangible way for the devs and publishers to gauge interest and for fans to demonstrate they approve of certain choices.

This is true, but it also is a win for the customer too in that it can be a tangible way for the devs and publishers to gauge interest and for fans to demonstrate they approve of certain choices.
In a perfect world sure, but it's oh so rarely used in such a positive fashion.

BigShow36

Only if you actually pay-in-full on the day you pre-order.

TheOddOne

It is 100% not that big of a deal. They are a massive, multibillion dollar corporation. They do not care about any individual outside of you being a number in their database that is composed of a purchase history, a gamerscore, how many years you've subscribed to their paywall service, and whether or not you checked yes in the "Can we market our crap to you by spamming your email?" box. They do not notice your posts on a forum, Penello and Hyrb are not marking your name down on a list after smiling and saying "Yeah, this guy gets it!" They have no data linking your Live account to how fast you sprinted to a Gamestop to fork your money over as an interest-free loan to another group of accountants. This is a marketing ploy because again, they are a corporation, not your friend. It's not an insult, you just weren't on their spreadsheet. You're feeling unappreciated, insulted, and as though you were slapped in the face by a robot.
Clapping.gif

All kinds of truthbombs.

Kinda crazy that we are starting to get to the point where Halo 5 leaks may happen. So, what horrible picture coming from an absurd source will it be this time?

wwm0nkey

I kind of get why people are excited for Killer Instinct since its not really a "hard core" fighter but I don't get why people don't get excited for Persona 4 Arena which is basically Fighting Games 101 and has a new version coming out or Guilty Gear Xrd which looks amazing in motion. I mean Killer Instinct has pretty particle but come on this is just crazy good cellshading

ibr289auxRXtU5.gif

Top Bottom