• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Video up on Waypoint of cut material from 4.

Silverlight is not behaving for me at all however :-/

Edit: Eventually opening it in IE got it to work for me. Loved weird manly Cortana face, wish each clip was a bit longer, it kind of blew through everything.
It would make for a fun BTS 5, 10 minute video with some of the devs sitting around talking about each of the crazy bugs in a humorous fashion.
Short video, but fun. I wish we would get more cutting floor stuff from the story/cutscene. Still a fun video to watch.

Edit: Eventually opening it in IE got it to work for me. Loved weird manly Cortana face, wish each clip was a bit longer, it kind of blew through everything.
It would make for a fun BTS 5, 10 minute video with some of the devs sitting around talking about each of the crazy bugs in a humorous fashion.

Heh, that was really interesting.

That one clip is definitely showing sandtrap, I wonder if they planned to bring it back or just used it to test the... sand... box.

Just think if Nintendo actually gave a crap about online multiplayer and they released a new Metroid as their own "Halo," similar to Hunters but much more fleshed out.

Shockingly, there are Nintendo fans who don't want this because reasons. Nintendo fans are frikkin crazy man.......
Wouldn't want multiplayer at the detriment of single player. Never finished the Hunters campaign but what I did play was pretty zzzZZZZzzzz

If they can make both amazing and reinvigorate the franchise I would be ecstatic, but I will always want a bitchin single player Metroid experience to come first. Too bad franchise is deader than halo, thanks other m.

jbmwjSseEtuqtQ.png

Is that Josh Holmes or Frankie. Ehh, what am I complaining. HNGGGGG.

stepsisterbar.jpg

Just think if Nintendo actually gave a crap about online multiplayer and they released a new Metroid as their own "Halo," similar to Hunters but much more fleshed out.

Shockingly, there are Nintendo fans who don't want this because reasons. Nintendo fans are frikkin crazy man.......

Metroid prime 2 local multiplayer was really fun, Hunters was a good step forward with the hunters variety.
Dat Sylux triangle of death was really OP but required certain skill to do it

It felt like Halo.

Short video, but fun. I wish we would get more cutting floor stuff from the story/cutscene. Still a fun video to watch.
Yeah, I saw a cool tweet convo [stalker mode] that Schlerf was having with a fan about a cut line "I used to love watching you sleep".
A line that without context or performance could be seen as a kettle of fish, but I'd love to hear more about that stuff.
Especially that first year or two of production where they hadn't formed what they wanted from the game.
/endcirclejerk
Or rather /endSalt :p

Fuchsdh

I personally can't wait to hear about the improvements they've made to it for Halo 5.

It should be an entire metagame for multiplayer. A Grunt will walk out at the start of the match and randomly pick the map and gametype combo.

As we've established yesterday, voting doesn't work out well for us :p

LOL @ 48 secs. I remember when some of us in here did that Mantis on top of the Hog :b

Two turret guys on top of a fully loaded Hog was badass and hilarious too.

Not sure if I'm exactly proud of this
(I'm proud.)
but I'm responsible for that manly Cortana footage still. It was thought lost to the sands of time, but I had it saved on my local work machine since I tried showing it during our PAX Prime panel in 2012.

The cinematic team used a facial scan of one of our designers to show how powerful our new animation blending tools were. The reaction of the team when that was shown in the studio for the first time was amazing. It started with just pure revulsion and slowly morphed into a "maybe I would take this fine digital being out to dinner some time."

lmfao hell yeah

DeadNames

Banned
I really do want to see the grunt picking the restaurant... hehe...

But really, that video was really cool. I love seeing stuff like that. I wish 343 would release some footage of the game that our boys juryben and MTW played.

Brings back memories of Halo 2 MM mods *shudders uncontrollably. Anyone remember shooting out tanks?

Also cannot un-see penis rockville.
y79oMie.gif

IDEA! They should make a stage like Waterworks that has a gigantic catapult behind each base. Every 2 minutes it fuckin BLASTS off whatever is on it, straight to the other side of the map.

Thank you. I won't be expecting royalties.

...so a mancannon?

But way cooler.
And next gen.

FyreWulff

Heh, that was really interesting.

That one clip is definitely showing sandtrap, I wonder if they planned to bring it back or just used it to test the... sand... box.

Bungie used Sandtrap to test Megalo for Reach, too. Sounds like it's just a favorite to use as a testing area.

Blueblur1

I would fucking love to have a classic Halo game to play right now. Give me Halo 3 2.0 (with Reach netcode and hitscan) with Halo 2/3-style Spartans and Elites and I'd die happy.

Are there people excited for Halo 5?

I would like to say yes, but it's hard to be excited for a game that is completely unknown.

Would be really cool to have something to talk about other than Halo 4 sucks, old Halos are better, but which ones are better-est, and whatever gets splashed over from Gaming Side.

gAg CruSh3r

I am. I can't wait to see what the next gen graphics and what the next installment has to hold for us. I know everyone thinks it will be bad and 343 is going to screw up but I'm going to enjoy it no matter where it goes. Well, as long as the storie line is on track I don't mind ;). I just hope multiplayer I fun, competitive, and something I can play with out it being so boring and not intense. I would also really like it if Forge would be 10 times amazing compaire to Halo 4s Forge but that's just me.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I'll keep up with its development but no, I'm not interested in buying it at all. If campaign is decent, I'll play through it on a friend's XB1.

As I've said though, it will be interesting to see what approach 343 takes to their game, with a more powerful console. I'm guessing we'll start seeing details in the next couple of months, maybe a bit later.

I'll keep up with its development but no, I'm not interested in buying it at all. If campaign is decent, I'll play through it on a friend's XB1.

As I've said though, it will be interesting to see what approach 343 takes to their game, with a more powerful console. I'm guessing we'll start seeing details in the next couple of months, maybe a bit later.

What if it's classic Halo style ; )

It's more like bullish and hoping for a miracle. We need to see it first and then we can see if we will be excited.

I've said it before, how can you not be excited for dedicated servers and Halo? No more black/waiting screen from standby/network cheating or host migration and no more split games or inaccurate player statistics. Looking at improved regional matching/servers alone I simply don't understand how you could not be excited.

The quality and proximity of the game host outweighs any in game mechanics such as weapon damage/cadence, movement or strafe, auto aim, melee etc. Call me crazy but hell yes I'm excited for next gen Halo.

Look at the decrease of networking hops. Look at the increase of host power/fairness of play. The new X1 services and dedicated global Internet pipelines/datacentres are literally going to be a multiplayer/coop game changer. Calling it now.

I'm guessing we'll start seeing details in the next couple of months, maybe a bit later.

I agree a couple to a few months, I don't think xbox/343 would roll anything Halo out prior to XMAS. X1 Marketing should just let the launch line up sell the new console now and then Halo info early-mid next year.

Top Bottom