• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Its a pain in the ass if you are doing that Solo, bring some friends and end this nightmare

lol yeah, I was trying to do it splitscreen but there was a point I was spawn-trapped between a Promethean Battlestationwagon and like 20 Elites. I finally killed the Promethean to end the instadeaths, but each section thereafter included another 57 Elites with perfect accuracy, sticking me with grenades while I'm 200 yards away behind cover.

If anyone wants to storm through the last parts of Episodes 4, all of Episodes 5, 7-10 on Legendary I'm down. I just want to 100% this shizz.

The arbiter is pretty much a political figure now in the novels also is
The UNSC's bitch since he lacks spaceships and military to defend shanghelios

:[

v Nice, will do.

Fuchsdh

lol yeah, I was trying to do it splitscreen but there was a point I was spawn-trapped between a Promethean Battlestationwagon and like 20 Elites. I finally killed the Promethean to end the instadeaths, but each section thereafter included another 57 Elites with perfect accuracy, sticking me with grenades while I'm 200 yards away behind cover.

If anyone wants to storm through the last parts of Episodes 4, all of Episodes 5, 7-10 on Legendary I'm down. I just want to 100% this shizz.

:[

Hit me up when I'm online and ill be glad to help.

I enjoy Spartan Ops.

TheOddOne

i04Zs3Xekre1J.gif

Bungie™ magic.

Elros

Nice! Are you close to 100%ing the achievements?
Halo 3 is the only Halo game I perfected, and I wanted to share this to HaloGAF, because I'm pretty proud of this 79/79 on the Halo game I played the most.

I'm close to perfect OSDT and CEA : 3 firefight achievements for ODST, and 2 achievements for CEA.

I will never perfect Halo Wars, Reach and H4, because of RTS for the first, and too much matchmaking achievements for the other two.

Vico

The Covenant is the greatest fucking level

I feel like it's important to quote that post again.
Because, yeah... The Covenant is still the greatest fucking Halo level ever made.
To me, it simply compiles every single thing that defines Halo.

So the Xbox One dashboard looks so good. Honestly I'm so happy Kinect is a mandatory purchase with the system, after seeing how you can navigate the console with just your voice, using a controller just seems so inefficient now.

This system is horrible. You have Kinect spying on your every move, god knows who Microsoft is giving your private information to. Everything is done on voice command, god forbid the overweight American moves around their room searching for the controller and lose a few pounds, you have an interrupted/ruined gaming experience if every 5 seconds you have the ability to switch to tv, Netflix, and all the other options, the entry price point is ridiculous, the gaming line-up is good though, ill admit better than PS4's however, Xbox 1 isn't a gamers console, it's a lazy Americans all in 1 don't move and gain weight sitting on your couch machine.
- YouTube comment.

Haha what.

Juan

I feel like it's important to quote that post again.
Because, yeah... The Covenant is still the greatest fucking Halo level ever made.
To me, it simply compiles every single thing that defines Halo.

Hmm... I understand what you're saying, and even if I liked The Covenant, the gunplay of Halo 3 makes it a boring level. It had great moments, but it does not compete with levels like Silent Cartographer or even Halo Delta.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I want to play some Halo tonight. Preferably Reach, but Halo 3 would be cool, too.

I might go for some of those CEA achievements if no one gets online.

I want to play some Halo tonight. Preferably Reach, but Halo 3 would be cool, too.

I might go for some of those CEA achievements if no one gets online.

I still need the Library on Legendary achievement and getting through without dying, iirc.

EDIT: I need both Library achievements - under 30 mins on legendary and no deaths on Heroic.

Omni

I still need the Library on Legendary achievement and getting through without dying, iirc.

EDIT: I need both Library achievements - under 30 mins on legendary and no deaths on Heroic.
Those are pretty easy to get solo. You can "skip" a fair few sequences in the Library.

so weird how the change in art style has changed my perception of the level. In Halo CE I hated the damn thing - whenever I'd get up to it in a play through, I'd immediately quit. These days however, it's one of my favourite levels.
though I guess some of that is attributed to me growing up, not just art style.

Those are pretty easy to get solo. You can "skip" a fair few sequences in the Library.

so weird how the change in art style has changed my perception of the level. In Halo CE I hated the damn thing - whenever I'd get up to it in a play through, I'd immediately quit. These days however, it's one of my favourite levels.
though I guess some of that is attributed to me growing up, not just art style.

IIRC, CEA's art revamp made that level seem way better to me; it felt like you were going somewhere rather than walking down the same damn chunk of hallway over and over.

I hate this oversimplification trend that a lot of people are following. Looks dumb IMO.

"Wow, it looks so advanced!" -> "Wow, it's so elegantly simple!" -> "Wow, it looks so advanced!" -> "Wow, it's so elegantly simple!" ->"Wow, it looks so advanced!" -> "Wow, it's so elegantly simple!" ->"Wow, it looks so advanced!"

This is generally how art and design works moves, um, ahead.

I hate this oversimplification trend that a lot of people are following. Looks dumb IMO.

Say what you want about the hardware, but I've always thought Microsoft's more minimalist approach looked better than Sony / Nintendo's. Sony's in particular just seems a little off to me.

"Wow, it looks so advanced!" -> "Wow, it's so elegantly simple!" -> "Wow, it looks so advanced!" -> "Wow, it's so elegantly simple!" ->"Wow, it looks so advanced!" -> "Wow, it's so elegantly simple!" ->"Wow, it looks so advanced!"

This is generally how art and design works moves, um, ahead.

preach

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think the XB1 dashboard looks pretty great. But I also like the current 360 dash and a lot of people same to hate that one.

Yeah, I think the XB1 dashboard looks pretty great. But I also like the current 360 dash and a lot of people same to hate that one.

Ads (which I honestly don't mind; I'd rather them "streamlined" into individual tiles in the first place rather than them use some kind of pop-up method or have them directly crammed into root OS-based loading screens) and questionable "play game" tile placement aside, yeah, I've been pretty content with the last few dash updates. They really went out of their way to make sure most of the core options and their satellites (down to Active Downloads, etc.) can be accessed in just a few button presses, even using a vanilla controller.

So the Xbox One dashboard looks so good. Honestly I'm so happy Kinect is a mandatory purchase with the system, after seeing how you can navigate the console with just your voice, using a controller just seems so inefficient now.
Or you know, why not just have a voice recognition application (that's free) to use a simple headset to navigate the Xbox's UI instead of a Mandatory device worth $100 ontop of the $400 for the Xbone?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Or you know, why not just have a voice recognition application (that's free) to use a simple headset to navigate the Xbox's UI instead of a Mandatory device worth $100 ontop of the $400 for the Xbone?

Well there's more to it than just the Mic.

I get how a lot of people don't want to pay extra for the Kinect but it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. You put it in, it's expensive and people won't buy it. But developing for it is now worth something because everyone has it. You don't pack it in and now the developer support isn't what it could be but it's optional for consumers. For me, the UI, Skype integration, Indie Game potential and that new Fitness shit has sold me already. Literally. I've already got my XB1 paid in full and now I'm just waiting for the 22nd.

I think we'll see Kinect slowly become a selling point to more and more people as time goes on.

Well there's more to it than just the Mic.

I get how a lot of people don't want to pay extra for the Kinect but it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. You put it in, it's expensive and people won't buy it. But developing for it is now worth something because everyone has it. You don't pack it in and now the developer support isn't what it could be but it's optional for consumers. For me, the UI, Skype integration, Indie Game potential and that new Fitness shit has sold me already. Literally. I've already got my XB1 paid in full and now I'm just waiting for the 22nd.

I think we'll see Kinect slowly become a selling point to more and more people as time goes on.

What they should've done is waited until the Xbox One to release the Kinect, because people see it as an optional component. If they waited, and not give it a name (maybe), less people would bitch about it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What they should've done is waited until the Xbox One to release the Kinect, because people see it as an optional component. If they waited, and not give it a name (maybe), less people would bitch about it.

That would have never happened. The success of Kinect 1 is the direct cause of a pack in Kinect 2.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
I've said it before, how can you not be excited for dedicated servers and Halo? No more black/waiting screen from standby/network cheating or host migration and no more split games or inaccurate player statistics. Looking at improved regional matching/servers alone I simply don't understand how you could not be excited.

The quality and proximity of the game host outweighs any in game mechanics such as weapon damage/cadence, movement or strafe, auto aim, melee etc. Call me crazy but hell yes I'm excited for next gen Halo.

Look at the decrease of networking hops. Look at the increase of host power/fairness of play. The new X1 services and dedicated global Internet pipelines/datacentres are literally going to be a multiplayer/coop game changer. Calling it now.

I agree a couple to a few months, I don't think xbox/343 would roll anything Halo out prior to XMAS. X1 Marketing should just let the launch line up sell the new console now and then Halo info early-mid next year.

How can anyone be excited for more Halo-CoD, however good the dedicated server experience (which would require regional matchmaking to fix the real problems anyway). If the gameplay is bad then even if you could have an online experience equivalent to LAN it would still be bad gameplay. I would choose Halo 3 playing in the UK on a US host over Halo 4 with regional dedicated servers any day. I still feel that my individual skill would contribute more to the outcome of a game even in those conditions, thats how bad Halo 4 gameplay is.

Top Bottom