• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Masterchief3dsmax8blueteam22_2.gif

CyReN

I mean this in the most respectful way, but I feel bad for those that started on Reach or 4 & missed out on such a great experience with 2.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't really like Halo 2 at the time. It was my first time playing any game online, and it was a humbling experience to say the least. Now that I'm less of a scrub I appreciate the game a lot more, but unfortunately, I still haven't played enough to really know what I missed out on.

Zoolader

I know it's been said before but a friendly reminder for those who signed up for a free month of gold to get on H3, your subscription is set for auto renewal unless you changed it.

Is it me or does some of those avatars pics look similar to Spartans in Halo
d5ff88b7119d084fed6b86d467cdd308.png

Techno Chief would be a weird direction to take things. My guess is the XBO avatar art team made things vaguely based on some of the first-party titles (and weirder abstract shit) so rather than explicit Spartans we got more generalized space helmets.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I've always wanted in Halo? The ability to choose which direction you exit a Ghost, Wraith, Chopper, etc.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if Destiny will be playable across platforms? Like can people play together on different consoles? Maybe PS3/PS4 and 360/XB1?

blamite

Anyone know if Destiny will be playable across platforms? Like can people play together on different consoles? Maybe PS3/PS4 and 360/XB1?

I actually wouldn't be too surprised, considering they've said that you have to sign into the game through your Bnet account, which can link to both XBL and PSN... I don't know how other console MMOs have worked in the past (Final Fantasy is the only one that comes to mind) but I'd assume those would have to let you play against players from a non-Microsoft controlled PC version, so I don't think it's out of the question that Bungie could get a similar deal going.

I'm not expecting it to happen this way though.

FyreWulff

Nope, not even cross-Xbox or cross-Playstation. Destiny's userbase is going to be split 4 ways.

The only Destiny you won't have to pay to play is the PS3 version.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I wasn't really expecting it... My housemate is getting it for PS3, and wants to be able to play with me on PS4. Oh well.

I do the same thing but the other way around. I've got everyone on ignore except for Ozzy and I try and use deductive reasoning to figure out what conversations are going on based on his quotes and posts alone. From what I can tell, sltyhalogaf's mostly been banished to the outlands due to something I've got labeled as the "Great Kerning," that someone in this room is a alt moiderah, HGS turned into a barren wasteland once Mayor Ghaleon let Speedy start dumping toxic waste into their flower gardens, and kittens, devo and sai kun have started a 'nonprofits and activism' sub-community within halogaf that has weekly bake sales and fingerpainting sessions.

I might be off by a few marks, though.

(I only saw your post because I'll temporarily un-ignore key pawns in my convoluted web of checkers just to see how accurate my rabbit hole goes)

I haven't even posted there in months so what is this filth? So tired of people talkin' shit.

Fuchsdh

Nope, not even cross-Xbox or cross-Playstation. Destiny's userbase is going to be split 4 ways.

The only Destiny you won't have to pay to play is the PS3 version.

If there's one thing that I can see hurting Destiny that's out of their hands, this is it. I don't want a PS4, won't get an Xbox One for prolly a yea, so I'm going to be playing it on last-gen with whomever is left :) Sucks that there's not at least cross-gen for Sony and MS consoles though.

FYC

Banned
If there's one thing that I can see hurting Destiny that's out of their hands, this is it. I don't want a PS4, won't get an Xbox One for prolly a yea, so I'm going to be playing it on last-gen with whomever is left :) Sucks that there's not at least cross-gen for Sony and MS consoles though.

I'll be playing on 360!

So many good choices there. I love both panda gamerpicture. Going to use either one of those or the Dubstep Cat.

I think I'm going to have to go with the Boo Berry mummy, personally.

I haven't even posted there in months so what is this filth? So tired of people talkin' shit.

If there's anything I've learned from your playstyle in Reach, it's that you're never really gone. You're a watchful protector. A silent guardian...

a snipe camper.

At least I remember getting snooped the shit out of when I was opposite your team in Reach because of you

I do the same thing but the other way around. I've got everyone on ignore except for Ozzy and I try and use deductive reasoning to figure out what conversations are going on based on his quotes and posts alone. From what I can tell, sltyhalogaf's mostly been banished to the outlands due to something I've got labeled as the "Great Kerning," that someone in this room is a alt moiderah, HGS turned into a barren wasteland once Mayor Ghaleon let Speedy start dumping toxic waste into their flower gardens, and kittens, devo and sai kun have started a 'nonprofits and activism' sub-community within halogaf that has weekly bake sales and fingerpainting sessions.

I might be off by a few marks, though.

(I only saw your post because I'll temporarily un-ignore key pawns in my convoluted web of checkers just to see how accurate my rabbit hole goes)

How did I miss this?

You know what I've always wanted in Halo? The ability to choose which direction you exit a Ghost, Wraith, Chopper, etc.

Hold X and point in a direction with the Left Analog stick to exit in that direction.

That one is for free 343.

Yup. Booshka's solution would be perfect.

These are jokes, right? That's how it works in the game, only with the Right Analog (camera) stick. Been that way since Halo 3. (Possibly Halo 2, I can't remember.)

HTupolev

These are jokes, right? That's how it works in the game, only with the Right Analog (camera) stick. Been that way since Halo 3. (Possibly Halo 2, I can't remember.)
Halo's 2 or 3? The first Halo game I can recall being able to choose exit direction in is Reach.

nillapuddin

Not sure if anyone here lives in the
stupid
Bay Area, but I'll be going to the Area One event here in SF next week, Ive got my Halo buddy visiting me from out of town and we will probably go most of the days, any of yall lil nasties live 'round these parts?

Top Bottom