• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, downloaded the PS app.

Give me your PSN ID's so I can add you via the app.

I'm not sure if you can add me yet though, seeming as I need the console to finalise the registration on the console itself.

But let me know if you can add me back, so I know it's working.

Thanks.

Add me bro. Monsterfracas_

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My PSN is kittens_dx. Gonna try to squeeze some fun out of Killzone tomorrow night!

Havok

Have you considered Dota 2's or are you lumping all free to play games in the same boat?
Exactly the right example to use.

Removing the price barrier by offsetting monetization to cosmetics would be huge for Halo's constant population problems, and nothing about the idea of free-to-play dictates that it has to be slimy and/or totally disgusting. Whales buying all of the hideous armor allows for a more consistent revenue stream for them, which incentivizes them to increase their postrelease support effort through better DLC options with an increase in base population to actually use them.

Do I have faith in the ability of Microsoft to execute it well, given their past efforts (AOE Online was pretty gross, as far as I'm concerned)?

Well....that's a different question entirely.

Add me bro. Monsterfracas_

Add me Elzar, I'm IHaveIce n PSN

Add me guys! My PSN is:
Speedy_Blue_Dude

My PSN is kittens_dx. Gonna try to squeeze some fun out of Killzone tomorrow night!

Bro, come on now I-No is superior.
http://i.minus.com/ibvIRp99vnYaej.gif[IMG]
Mine is just wwm0nkey like my XBL/GAF tag.[/QUOTE]

Will add, thanks!

ElRenoRaven

I'm not sure if you can add me yet though, seeming as I need the console to finalise the registration on the console itself.

Thanks.

Always looking to add Halogaffers. Name's the same as everywhere.

PsychoRaven

Woorloog

Banned

Thanks.

Add Empyrus. Not sure if you can though (or whether i'll see you), since i created the ID via website. Not getting PS4 anytime soon most likely though (unless i happen to win a lottery).
Might try to finalize the profile using a friend's PS3 now that i think of this...

EDIT created the ID just to reserve the name really.

EDIT (paraphrasing)"adding friends is done via PS3". Wat. Why can't i manage the profile from a website? Pretty sure i can do that with XBL profiles...

Tawpgun

Gonna be very interesting to see if PS4 launch tanks the remaining Halo population. Xbox One will no doubt do it, but if the PS4 launch takes players away theres a good chance a good chunk of those won't be returning to Xbone anytime soon.

Gonna be very interesting to see if PS4 launch tanks the remaining Halo population. Xbox One will no doubt do it, but if the PS4 launch takes players away theres a good chance a good chunk of those won't be returning to Xbone anytime soon.
The 15k still playing are hanging in there, how likely is it a lot of them are spending that much and getting new consoles?

Booshka

Added a bunch of you on PSN, my ID is Booshka_ if any others want to add me. Won't be getting a PS4 for a while probably, but I play a lot of Demon's Souls and plan on getting GT6 later this year as well.

ElRenoRaven

I don't think it really will. At this point Halo has lost all it will I think. Hell you really can't go much lower sadly. Ultimately till Halo 5 it will do the same. Now the interesting one to watch will be Halo 5 and see how many come into it after Halo 4 and after Microsoft's 180s with the Xbone.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't think it really will. At this point Halo has lost all it will I think. Hell you really can't go much lower sadly. Ultimately till Halo 5 it will do the same. Now the interesting one to watch will be Halo 5 and see how many come into it after Halo 4 and after Microsoft's 180s with the Xbone.

I'll come back for Halo as long as MS gets their shit togheter with Xbone: Cheap(er than PS4 as it should be with that tech), no Kinect.
Especially since both XBL and PSN multiplayer need sub this gen, if Sony hadn't added the goddamn sub there'd be no way i'd bother with Xbone at all but as it is... When it is cheap enough and has a Halo or two.

Well, that and hoping Halo 5 has something new. I won't bother with it if it is (merely) "back to basics" Halo, i want a new Halo as always (don't ask "what new", i just want something new, preferably something that works well).

EDIT ignoring the possibility of new franchises here but then i highly doubt MS will make an exclusive i have to get. Ain't seeing what i want on PC, indie or not so chances are not very good Xbone would have it...

Has anyone been reporting their issues with pre-release Xbox Ones? Oh wait. Day One update. Lol

Hopefully there isn't any issues with the Xbone. And Sony is prepared after their launch. Sucks to hear having your console bricking on you :/

ElRenoRaven

Has anyone been reporting their issues with pre-release Xbox Ones? Oh wait. Day One update. Lol

Hopefully there isn't any issues with the Xbone. And Sony is prepared after their launch. Sucks to hear having your console bricking on you :/

Honestly there will be. I think people are blowing the Sony launch issues out of proportion. You're naturally going to have some fail. It will happen with the xbone too. There will be plenty of people going WTF mine bricked. What matters is down the road. If PS4's and Xbones keep bricking like 360's were dying last gen then there is something to worry about. Hopefully neither does though and this gen people aren't having to replace their consoles every 5 minutes.

Omni

Add Empyrus. Not sure if you can though (or whether i'll see you), since i created the ID via website. Not getting PS4 anytime soon most likely though (unless i happen to win a lottery).
Might try to finalize the profile using a friend's PS3 now that i think of this...

EDIT created the ID just to reserve the name really.

EDIT (paraphrasing)"adding friends is done via PS3". Wat. Why can't i manage the profile from a website? Pretty sure i can do that with XBL profiles...

It's annoying, isn't it? I pretty much did the same thing and made a playstation network account a few weeks ago to reserve my name. Frustrating that you can't even complete your profile - let alone add people - from the website.

To those of you getting Killzone on PS4 tomorrow. Post in here if you think the aiming feels more like Halo. That has always been my biggest problem with KZ2 and 3, the IGN review said it did, but I'd prefer a better source on that.

daedalius

iR9ftcAhUmJxj.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
To those of you getting Killzone on PS4 tomorrow. Post in here if you think the aiming feels more like Halo. That has always been my biggest problem with KZ2 and 3, the IGN review said it did, but I'd prefer a better source on that.

There is no aim assist in this KZ, Halo has tons of aim assist. I would be shocked if it felt like aiming in Halo

Woorloog

Banned
It's annoying, isn't it? I pretty much did the same thing and made a playstation network account a few weeks ago to reserve my name. Frustrating that you can't even complete your profile - let alone add people - from the website.

Completely nonsensical. Especially since PS+, ie subscription service exists, i'd imagine that'd make upgrading account management a priority. Of course PSN doesn't offer name changes still so...
I have a feeling XBL will still be a superior service aside from the main point of PS+, game-"renting" service (or as it is commonly put: "free games")

Mix

I think I'm going to buy me a PS4 for my house and an Xbox One for my mom's/little brother's house.
This message applies to Fracas and Elzar and all other PS4ers. add my PSN LegendaryMix.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think I'm going to buy me a PS4 for my house and an Xbox One for my mom's/little brother's house.
This message applies to Fracas and Elzar and all other PS4ers. add my PSN LegendaryMix.

Aw yiss

Are you going to try to snag one tomorrow or wait it out?

Mix

I know, I'm so excited.

Honestly disappointed in the review scores for Knack right now. I wanted it to be good. I don't know, I'll still pick it up.

wwm0nkey

I know, I'm so excited.

Honestly disappointed in the review scores for Knack right now. I wanted it to be good. I don't know, I'll still pick it up.

Knack is looking like a Mixed bag game, you will either love it or hate it.

Also just got my receipt for the PS4 and if you get a year of PS+ tonight you get $10 on PSN which means you will have $20 since the PS4 comes with $10 free anyways!

Getting a year now and getting 2 more at Black Friday

ElRenoRaven

Can I add you later guys?

PS4 here is coming Nov 29 just saying.

Of course. That goes for anyone.

Knack is looking like a Mixed bag game, you will either love it or hate it.

Also just got my receipt for the PS4 and if you get a year of PS+ tonight you get $10 on PSN which means you will have $20 since the PS4 comes with $10 free anyways!

Getting a year now and getting 2 more at Black Friday

Yea. I think it will all depend on what you go in expecting out of it. For me I'm expecting a simple game with a charming story. So I think I'm going to have a blast with it.

Top Bottom