• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

J10

Banned
It's weird thinking that Bungie have less to prove to me than 343 does with their next Halo game.

It's not weird. Bungie has been making awesome games for like a hundred years. 343 didn't exist until like 6 minutes ago. Of course 343 has more prove - they're n00bs.

You get BorderHalo and you will like it, Karl. You will like it.

eez no borderlands

eez bungielands

Yeah I dunno why people get so bent out of shape about this. There's a minor amount of extra stuff on PS4, who cares?
Actually, we don't know that there's anything that's going to be completely exclusive, even though Bungie's President Harold Ryan stated they were working on "exclusive playable content just for the PlayStation community", SCEE's President Jim Ryan colors the situation:

Jim Ryan said:
We’ve carefully selected titles where we feel it’s appropriate to partner with a third party. So Activision, yes, are doing stuff on Call Of Duty with Microsoft," Ryan said. "However, we are partnering with Activision on Destiny. And you know Destiny is a new IP from Bungie and there’s gonna be stuff that is exclusive to the PlayStation SKU for a window of time and there’s gonna be a lot of PlayStation-branded marketing collateral and there’s gonna be PlayStation hardware bundles.

from http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/0...-to-ps4-similar-to-call-of-duty-with-xbox-one

Fear not, those still shackled to Xbox, you too can become Legend, eventually.

How'd you get your tag?

Job requirement.

I knew I was forgetting something! I'll get it going in a sec. It'll work with an external hard drive, right?

There's no external HDD support at this time, neither before nor after the 1.5 patch.

The update is only 300 MB. You're talking about a 5 minute download. Is there word the servers are being super slow or something?

Fuchsdh

There's no external HDD support at this time, neither before nor after the 1.5 patch.
So here's my question, for XB1 and PS4--how do you migrate data? I assume with the One you can just clone your internal to the external you plug in, but what do PS4 owners do when they want to upgrade capacity? Do they have to redownload everything to the new drive after swapping it?

So here's my question, for XB1 and PS4--how do you migrate data? I assume with the One you can just clone your internal to the external you plug in, but what do PS4 owners do when they want to upgrade capacity? Do they have to redownload everything to the new drive after swapping it?

I would expect external support to be added, but in the meantime, perhaps you could use an SATA to USB enclosure with a PC to handle the transfer, or maybe USB flash memory? I've barely looked at the manual. Personally, I would just sync saves to cloud storage and re-download.

I just remembered on the 360, if you did a disc install to HDD, and then you tried to move it to another console, it wouldn't work. I wonder if the XB1 and PS4 will have the same limitation...

FyreWulff

I would expect external support to be added, but in the meantime, perhaps you could use an SATA to USB enclosure with a PC to handle the transfer, or maybe USB flash memory? I've barely looked at the manual. Personally, I would just sync saves to cloud storage and re-download.

I just remembered on the 360, if you did a disc install to HDD, and then you tried to move it to another console, it wouldn't work. I wonder if the XB1 and PS4 will have the same limitation...

More than likely, since I would assume the PS4 and Bone all have per-console keys they sign content with still.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Please don't take personal offense to me saying "fuck Microsoft". They deserve it, but I don't think ill of you for liking them. The PS4 is being delivered this afternoon/evening. I went ahead and bought the camera, lol. Also got Killzone, Battlefield, and NBA2K with the b2g1 + 30% off coupon Target deal. Are you getting one now?

Its just your posts these days. You're not the first person to hate MS lol.

I'm getting a PS4 later. XB1 for now..err next week

Ominym

Banned
I'm really curious to hear what you guys think of the PS4 controller. I think my biggest apprehension is my hate for the previous iteration. If it is truly as good as everyone is saying it is, I'll probably be jumping ship for Sony as well.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm really curious to hear what you guys think of the PS4 controller. I think my biggest apprehension is my hate for the previous iteration. If it is truly as good as everyone is saying it is, I'll probably be jumping ship for Sony as well.

Not quite as good as the 360 controller, but still great overall and a giant step up from the DS3.

It's not weird. Bungie has been making awesome games for like a hundred years. 343 didn't exist until like 6 minutes ago. Of course 343 has more prove - they're n00bs.
to be fair to 343, I had serious problems with Reach's multiplayer decisions as well. I was hoping that the new stewards would take all the criticism leveled against Reach and take a more...spartan approach to the competitive side of multiplayer and not double down on some of it's more horrendous missteps to produce even worse ideas.

Booshka

to be fair to 343, I had serious problems with Reach's multiplayer decisions as well. I was hoping that the new stewards would take all the criticism leveled against Reach and take a more...spartan approach to the competitive side of multiplayer and not double down on some of it's more horrendous missteps to produce even worse ideas.

Well, they did make Traditional Halo, but just treated it as a Studio exercise and went on to make Call of Duty Halo.

Not quite as good as the 360 controller, but still great overall and a giant step up from the DS3.
It can be used with the PS3, right? Just has to be plugged in and is missing some features?

Well, they did make Traditional Halo, but just treated it as a Studio exercise and went on to make Call of Duty Halo.
Yep. I hope the biggest lesson 343 has learned as a studio is to not chase what's hot, but to stick to what's traditionally worked in the past as the basis for multiplayer and go so far as to provide a respite for the COD's of the world.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gah. You wouldn't happen to have touched an Xbox One controller too, would you?
Not yet.

If you're having apprehensions about the PS4 controller, seriously don't. I abhor the DS3, and pretty much every issue I've had with it has been rectified with the DS4. Even the stick placement, the biggest concern I had, feels fine with this controller.
It can be used with the PS3, right? Just has to be plugged in and is missing some features?
Depends on the game. There's a thread somewhere with a list of functional games, but I dunno where it is. I do know that anything with sixaxis won't work with it. You can also use it on PC (I believe wwmonkey made the thread) with a simple modification. Official drivers to come later.

ElRenoRaven

I actually really love the feel of it. Keep in mind I'm still stuck here at work but just holding it, it feels damn good. Sticks feel tight unlick past Duelshocks. The size is nice compared to old ones. The triggers and shoulders feel very nice too. Everything feels well put together. I certainly like the feel. I'd in fact I like the feel of it as much as I like the feel of the 360 controller.

lol If after allllll this shit they're getting for making such blatantly poor decisions and if Halo 5 still has the same issues, then there will be no hope left.

Sometimes I feel bad for the flack they get, but they're adults and should be able to handle internet nerds talking shit about our beloved franchise. At the end of the day this backlash has to at least somewhat move 343 in a way towards developing the Halo we've been wanting for years. There will be no excuse if Camo's still an AA, if perks are in the game, etc..

Ominym

Banned
Not yet.

If you're having apprehensions about the PS4 controller, seriously don't. I abhor the DS3, and pretty much every issue I've had with it has been rectified with the DS4. Even the stick placement, the biggest concern I had, feels fine with this controller.

Yep, this would've been exactly my problem. Well, two of my main problems. That being the controller having no heft to it and the sticks feeling absolutely terrible.

In the end? I'm going to get both anyway. I just can't figure out which I will go with first. And my friend group is fragmented, so I can't just simply go with the circle.

Depends on the game. There's a thread somewhere with a list of functional games, but I dunno where it is. I do know that anything with sixaxis won't work with it. You can also use it on PC (I believe wwmonkey made the thread) with a simple modification. Official drivers to come later.
I'll keep an eye out around the time of the Destiny beta and make a decision then, thanks.

lol If after allllll this shit they're getting for making such blatantly poor decisions and if Halo 5 still has the same issues, then there will be no hope left.

Sometimes I feel bad for the flack they get, but they're adults and should be able to handle internet nerds talking shit about our beloved franchise. At the end of the day this backlash has to at least somewhat move 343 in a way towards developing the Halo we've been wanting for years. There will be no excuse if Camo's still an AA, if perks are in the game, etc..

I don't know how to feel. 343 told us before that they learned from the mistakes of Reach, and they still have yet to acknowledge forums like GAF as anything but a "vocal minority." It's also concerning that they just recently released DLC with new perks, even with the community complaining about the whole perk system since launch.

I'll be following development for sure, but I really don't think I will buy the next Halo game unless 343 basically does exactly what Double Helix did with Killer Instinct. They really need to push that community is #1, and that instead of saying "we're reading the suggestions" actually implement them within the game. No more "feels like Halo", just do weekly streams so we can see the game in action and make suggestions. These next couple of months will definitely be interesting.

nillapuddin

Gah. You wouldn't happen to have touched an Xbox One controller too, would you?

I can confirm
EFSadENh.jpg
I went to the Area One event in SF last night, the controller was the biggest take away.
I was blown away by how well it felt. Better than I even imagined, it looks angular and tough in photos, but IRL, it fits into your palms way better than the 360, and the weight vs. build quality is spot on.

I can confirm

I went to the Area One event in SF last night, the controller was the biggest take away.
I was blown away by how well it felt. Better than I even imagined, it looks angular and tough in photos, but IRL, it fits into your palms way better than the 360, and the weight vs. build quality is spot on.

Xbox controllers will always be the GOAT. That is one of the big reasons why i won't jump on with the PS4, at least not yet.

I can confirm

Agreed, xbox one controller is literally perfect. Tried it the other day.

Setting up my PS4 already. System isn't as beautiful in real life as I thought it'd be. Downloading update now. Only game I got was Ghost, and have to work in an hour and a half, didn't feel like asking for the day off. Hope to see you guys online soon. :)

Early Impression: Dual Shock 4 is awkward in my hands, might just be because I'm so used to Xbox, but either way, doesn't feel very nice.

PSN download speeds are still terrible, hope it's just because the servers are packed.

Top Bottom