• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Booshka

Knack is looking like a Mixed bag game, you will either love it or hate it.

Also just got my receipt for the PS4 and if you get a year of PS+ tonight you get $10 on PSN which means you will have $20 since the PS4 comes with $10 free anyways!

Getting a year now and getting 2 more at Black Friday

After watching the GB Quick Look it looks pretty boring and repetitive. Doesn't look worth 60 bucks to me.

Nowise10

I dont know if its just me but I feel like Bungie is just leaving their previous fans out in the cold. DLC for Destiny first on Playstation, Exlcusive DLC for Playsation, Beta access first for Playstation, in Which I'm imagining its 2-4 weeks earlier access.

I don't know, I don't like what they've been doing lately. Trailers are pretty meh, and dont really show anything amazing either.

Still excited, as its Bungie

I dont know if its just me but I feel like Bungie is just leaving their previous fans out in the cold. DLC for Destiny first on Playstation, Exlcusive DLC for Playsation, Beta access first for Playstation, in Which I'm imagining its 2-4 weeks earlier access.

I don't know, I don't like what they've been doing lately. Trailers are pretty meh, and dont really show anything amazing either.

And its looks like Ps3 and PS4 owners will have secure access to the beta

J10

Banned

Are they leaving fans out in the cold or are they saying, hey, the weather's nicer over here, you should join us?

I don't like how Bungie took a side with Next Gen. :( Feel so left out when basically everything Destiny related is practically made for Playstation. The whole thing is basically "Hey guys! Look at this new feature/content/trailer in Destiny! Playstation first! alsoon360xboxOne"

Why don't Bungie love us no more. :(

Seriously is there that much hostility towards Microsoft from Bungie after being forced to fulfill a contract, make 5 games, and give up their franchise? Or did Sony just pay more? The original contract for Destiny mentioned being an Xbox exclusive for the first year, and Xbox getting exclusive content first, not sure what happened to those plans.

Mix

I don't like how Bungie took a side with Next Gen. :( Feel so left out when basically everything Destiny related is practically made for Playstation. The whole thing is basically "Hey guys! Look at this new feature/content/trailer in Destiny! Playstation first! alsoon360xboxOne"

Why don't Bungie love us no more. :(

Seriously is there that much hostility towards Microsoft from Bungie after being forced to fulfill a contract, make 5 games, and give up their franchise? Or did Sony just pay more? The original contract for Destiny mentioned being an Xbox exclusive for the first year, and Xbox getting exclusive content first, not sure what happened to those plans.

Um, it's neither, it's all controlled by the games PUBLISHER Activision. XBOX gets CoD, Activision's biggest franchise and Playstation gets Destiny, Bungie's next big thing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Heads up for people getting a PS4: don't use the included HDMI cord. A lot of the "bricking" people are experiencing is apparently the shitty cord bending the console's HDMI port pins.

Ridiculous.

Heads up for people getting a PS4: don't use the included HDMI cord. A lot of the "bricking" people are experiencing is apparently the shitty cord bending the console's HDMI port pins.

Ridiculous.
That's a bit ironic after so many people bashed Major Nelson for talking about Xbone 'high quality' HDMI cord during his unboxing video.

But that would suck so much to have that issue happen on day one.

Ridiculous.

How long does this 1.50 update take to install, I think it crashed on me. Cool about Destiny beta.

Trey

It's just a beta, many Bungie fans followed them to Playstation this generation, and it's their first game on that platform. Also, PS4 is getting much more positive buzz right now, and Bungie wants to get from underneath MS's shadow for good.

Um, it's neither, it's all controlled by the games PUBLISHER Activision. XBOX gets CoD, Activision's biggest franchise and Playstation gets Destiny, Bungie's next big thing.

Yeah it's this, no reason for tin foil hats. Bungie isn't shitting fans, they aren't giving a fuck you to Xbox and MS. Activision and Sony have a deal for Destiny, similar to how they have one with MS for COD, and Ubi has deals with Sony for Assassins Creed, and MS has a deal with EA for BF4, etc

Yes, it sucks. We're the ones that lose.

Yeah it's this, no reason for tin foil hats. Bungie isn't shitting fans, they aren't giving a fuck you to Xbox and MS. Activision and Sony have a deal for Destiny, similar to how they have one with MS for COD, and Ubi has deals with Sony for Assassins Creed, and MS has a deal with EA for BF4, etc.
This is the truth. Still, fuck Microsoft.

Did you get a PS4 yet? Stop shitting up GAF and go play.
Please don't take personal offense to me saying "fuck Microsoft". They deserve it, but I don't think ill of you for liking them. The PS4 is being delivered this afternoon/evening. I went ahead and bought the camera, lol. Also got Killzone, Battlefield, and NBA2K with the b2g1 + 30% off coupon Target deal. Are you getting one now?

Nebula

PS4 at christmas if I still feel like getting one. Gives me a few weeks to see what's going on hardware wise, and they might makes announcements that will put me off getting one. We'll see.

FyreWulff

Yeah it's this, no reason for tin foil hats. Bungie isn't shitting fans, they aren't giving a fuck you to Xbox and MS. Activision and Sony have a deal for Destiny, similar to how they have one with MS for COD, and Ubi has deals with Sony for Assassins Creed, and MS has a deal with EA for BF4, etc

Yes, it sucks. We're the ones that lose.

Publishers gonna publish

Are the latest books based on the same guy from the originals?

Well the original books were centered on Chief + the rest of the Spartan-II's.

Then there was a book on Sergeant Johnson, one of Captain Keyes(before he was Captain), some other Spartans, and most recently there have been two trilogies. One based on ancient Forerunners and one based on a special operations team with two ODSTs, a Spartan, and some ONI(spies) people.

The next book releases in the next few months and is the final book in that latter trilogy I mentioned above.

Hopefully we return to some older characters in future books. I'd love to see what the old Spartan-II's are doing now.

TheOddOne

How about just embracing the space Jesus angle?

b87e81e582cf31f9281cda82761c88b6f3bdecc6_m.gif

ElRenoRaven

Bungie isn't shitting on anyone. They still love their Xbox fans too. They get this every time. Back in the days when they went PC alongside Mac, the Mac fans went ape shit on them. Then when they went Xbox only omg the hatred they received was nuts. What xbox fans have to remember is that Bungie is expanding back out to a new audience. They know the Xbox fans will be there. They're trying to build new fans on Sony's console. Hence they're paying them a bit more attention. It doesn't mean they love the Xbox fans any less.

IHaveIce

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks all these Destiny trailers build no hype at all? For me the game still looks like just a more serious Borderlands.

Good thing there is a beta, right now I'm not that excited for it.

Fuchsdh

Bungie isn't shitting on anyone. They still love their Xbox fans too. They get this every time. Back in the days when they went PC alongside Mac, the Mac fans went ape shit on them. Then when they went Xbox only omg the hatred they received was nuts. What xbox fans have to remember is that Bungie is expanding back out to a new audience. They know the Xbox fans will be there. They're trying to build new fans on Sony's console. Hence they're paying them a bit more attention. It doesn't mean they love the Xbox fans any less.

Yeah I dunno why people get so bent out of shape about this. There's a minor amount of extra stuff on PS4, who cares?

Am I the only one who thinks all these Destiny trailers build no hype at all? For me the game still looks like just a more serious Borderlands.

I'm excited, but far less then I imagined.

It's pretty weird when I think about it, I mean this is the next game from the creators of Halo.

Maybe closer to launch I'll start feeing it.

IHaveIce

Banned

It's pretty weird when I think about it, I mean this is the next game from the creators of Halo.

Yeah, I didn't want to say it, but yeah it feels weird. I'm kinda angry at myself why I can't like this more, I mean like you said the creators of Halo.

And yes I also hope the beta and launch time will make me go :O

Though just a simple 4v4 PVP match recording could hype me super fast if it looks good

Karl2177

They keep saying it will change the genre? What are they showing that's changing the genre? It's always show a bunch of enemies, zoom in on player shooting a gun, show player using ability, and tease at multiplayer; aka the same trailer that they've shown with slightly different enemies. zzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZz

TheOddOne

They keep saying it will change the genre? What are they showing that's changing the genre? It's always show a bunch of enemies, zoom in on player shooting a gun, show player using ability, and tease at multiplayer; aka the same trailer that they've shown with slightly different enemies. zzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZz
You get BorderHalo and you will like it, Karl. You will like it.

Sony called me, they said they could deliver the console in Mexico in Nov 22 and wait 3 work days.

I like the story behind the game, the gameplay is the one its actually lowering my interest in the game.

The loot system looks more simple than borderlands since the looot you is tiet to your class, in game is just a hexagon of enery and not a weapon drop to "fight" with other players.

Hell, PVP for weapons is non existant in borderlands.

Trailers are doing nothing for me, and the podcasts don't do much more to get me excited for the game. Hopefully the beta will be fun; I guess I'll be playing it on PS3 to get earlier access.

Trailers are doing nothing for me, and the podcasts don't do much more to get me excited for the game. Hopefully the beta will be fun; I guess I'll be playing it on PS3 to get earlier access.

In the same boat, at least hype won't create crazy high expectations for me. lol.

Top Bottom