• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Bundled 5 pack, 1 month of XBL/Music/Hulu, 480 MS points & Comic Jumper

well...

I won again tonight at Kinect Sports Waveracing, day wunners, come at me
56 second lap time.

Another Xbox One shirt! and gift card package, I gave some things to co-workers so the updated inventory is as follows

1 month Hulu Plus (new subscribers only)
1 month Xbox Music Pass x3
1 month XBL Gold x2

btw, seriously guys, Xbox One controller is incredible, BF4 looked amazing, KI is very fun, Ryse is so god damn rewarding once you learn how to play
its harder than batman
and Kinect Sports is legit
inb4 rare is wasted

Forza felt too slow, DR3 was impressive (9k zombies in one demo area) but hit frame drops, Crimson Dragon isnt for me

p.s. sorry guys im greedy, i kept all the MS points, have alot of digital purchases coming up

nillapuddin626

whoa! looked great man

heyyy-ooo

After hands-on, I agree, I hope it catches on

Nice impressions and thanks. Event whore achievement unlocked for your wins mate :)

Did they have the Kinect fitness title there?

nillapuddin

Wow thanks a lot for being so generous man, really appreciate it.

No problem dude, I feel like Peter Pan, I won all those Wave Racing challenges so I might as well give back

What does Hulu plus do? Just ad free?

Wanna find out? lol

hey, can you give me the gold one, i think my gold dies just before dark souls 2, thanks in advance.

Sure thing dude

update:
1 month Xbox Music Pass x2

Nice impressions and thanks. Event whore achievement unlocked for your wins mate :)

Did they have the Kinect fitness title there?

Yeah I felt a little bad for winning all the wave race challenges, but I actually really had to fight in one of them, only won by 2 seconds
Then tonight I was so anxious to beat my own best times that I totally crashed twice (I hadn't crashed once yet) in the finale, but the person I was facing was far less adept than I. lol.

I wish they had the fitness, my gf and I are so excited for that
They have
16 stations: Battlefield 4
8 stations: Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct, FIFA 14
3 stations: Skylanders Swap Force, Crimson Dragon, Lococycle
2 stations: Kinect Sports
1 station: Max The Cursed Brotherhood, Zoo Tycoon, and Peggle 2.

What does Hulu plus do? Just ad free?
lol no

Hulu Plus is a freemium model that doesn't actually get rid of ads by paying for it, which is typically rule 1A of that model.

It gives you access to the entire catalog of shows instead of just 5 recent ones, better video quality, access to dedicated apps, maybe some more stuff.

No problem dude, I feel like Peter Pan, I won all those Wave Racing challenges so I might as well give back

Wanna find out? lol

Sure thing dude

update:

Yeah I felt a little bad for winning all the wave race challenges, but I actually really had to fight in one of them, only won by 2 seconds
Then tonight I was so anxious to beat my own best times that I totally crashed twice (I hadn't crashed once yet) in the finale, but the person I was facing was far less adept than I. lol.

I wish they had the fitness, my gf and I are so excited for that
They have
16 stations: Battlefield 4
8 stations: Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct, FIFA 14
3 stations: Skylanders Swap Force, Crimson Dragon, Lococycle
2 stations: Kinect Sports
1 station: Max The Cursed Brotherhood, Zoo Tycoon, and Peggle 2.

Time trials confirmed, LOL. Damn this looks like wave race 64 so much. I loved that game though.

Any impressions of Max gameplay?

Newt

GT- Defective 2
Really, a Denzel avatar?

image.php

I'll probably eventually pick up a One.

Fuchsdh

Hoping for BC at some point/re release on marketplace/don't care about being able to replay games.
BC is at best prolly going to be $10 remakes. Nothing beats backwards compatibility, even if I fully understand its a niche feature that doesn't make business sense to include.

Tawpgun

BC is at best prolly going to be $10 remakes. Nothing beats backwards compatibility, even if I fully understand its a niche feature that doesn't make business sense to include.

BC is very important at launch.

When the 360 came out Halo 2 was still being played more than 360 games.

IHaveIce

Banned
BC is very important at launch.

When the 360 came out Halo 2 was still being played more than 360 games.

And this is the reason they won't do it again at launch, they need to move copies.

Everyone would play their old versions of Battlefield, COD and more and just wait for new exclusives.

Clearly they don't want that

thenexus6

Man I used to love Halo, well I still do I guess. After playing Halo I had to get a Xbox and been with the series ever since, thinking about it it's one of only gaming series i've followed all the way through. But I dunno when Bungie left the magic went with them. I think they were why Halo was so great.

Halo 4 was an okay game, I really dug the visuals and music but the campaign and online just didn't do it for me. Hope Halo 5 steps things back up.. Super stoked for Destiny though.

Assuming this is still accurate, I'll take one of each, or if that's not possible/rude, a music pass would be dandy. :)

Ha, I already know you would whoop my ass on it.

You dirty boy.

That's right young man. Don't you forget it or I might have to whip out some oldschool 480p gameplay vids for realz.

Just saw the Spartan Assault trailer on the dashboard, and that game's sound effects and music sound more like Halo than Halo 4.

The soundtrack is really very good. I was really surprised considering the overall scale of the game. Decent length soundtrack too.

Vico

So, now that we're getting close to the VGX, do you guys think Halo will be part of it? Or will Microsoft prefer advertising any of its other games coming?

I was thinking maybe they could have a small teaser for the tv show (so that we know when it's set), but even it must be so far off that it would be useless.

belushy

Banned
I feel like we will get something pertaining to Halo Xbox One. Maybe a teaser trailer like the Reach one at the VGAs a few years back. Definitely won't be any gameplay.

So, now that we're getting close to the VGX, do you guys think Halo will be part of it? Or will Microsoft prefer advertising any of its other games coming?

I was thinking maybe they could have a small teaser for the tv show (so that we know when it's set), but even it must be so far off that it would be useless.

Microsoft needs to show some big games, so if I had to bet on what they'd show, I'd say Halo, and either Crackdown 3(which they've been teasing for a while) or Black Tusk's new game.

IHaveIce

Banned

There will be no gameplay and that is the only thing that could excite me for Halo 5 again.

Though I hope Microsoft shows us something else. A complete new IP, maybe their F2P project or a platformer. IDK

Though I have to say as soon as Project Spark hits the Xbox One many people are set with some types of game, I was able to test a pretty up to date build of it for a longer time and it is an incredible game that is also for free.

Though I hope they release some DLC like texture packs or settings packs (now it is pretty much medieval while I want SciFi stuff.

I thought something Halo would be shown this Friday at the SpikeTV thing.
Halo5. Coming in january 2014. /trollface

If only a couple of xbox one's big games deliver, it will be huge. Im really hoping for some crazy surprise announcements this week so that not all of Microsoft's cards are in one basket. All it will take is a game or two flopping and the sony trolls will come out in droves. Wait theyre already all over the place.

Vico

There will be no gameplay and that is the only thing that could excite me for Halo 5 again.

Though I hope Microsoft shows us something else. A complete new IP, maybe their F2P project or a platformer. IDK

Though I have to say as soon as Project Spark hits the Xbox One many people are set with some types of game, I was able to test a pretty up to date build of it for a longer time and it is an incredible game that is also for free.

Though I hope they release some DLC like texture packs or settings packs (now it is pretty much medieval while I want SciFi stuff.

Yeah I'm not expecting gameplay, of course.
Heck, I'm not even expecting anything related to the game, actually.
But really, I'd like to know when does the tv show take place in the story. And they could reveal that through a short teaser.

About Project Spark, the medieval/fantasy part is probably just one aspect of the game. They were asked about scifi stuff, and obviously refused to answer (not denying though), but it would be a truely missed opportunity.

And by the way, while this game clearly offers almost-unlimited possibilities, the economy system seems to be worrisome. You might have to pay much more than what you may think, in order to both build and play. Only time will tell, though. It's too early to learn about it.

Microsoft needs to show some big games, so if I had to bet on what they'd show, I'd say Halo, and either Crackdown 3(which they've been teasing for a while) or Black Tusk's new game.

Black Tusk's project could be in the spotlight at the VGAs, though Microsoft has other stuff to advertise before that (like Quantum Break for exemple which should be released much before if all goes right).

Omni

Completely random, but wow... There have been Xbox One price drops here already. At the moment, there is only $17 between the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One ('twas originally $50 more)

thing hasn't even come out yet, :lol

Omni

Why are you a junior again?

Someone made a thread in gaming side listing all the things locked behind a paywall on the Xbox One. But they were listing things like "matchmaking" "multiplayer"... etcetera and instead of saying "various apps" they considerably inflated the list by listing each app individually. It was actually pretty ridiculous...

So I made a parody about the PS4. People thought I was butthurt when in reality I was laughing, but I got junior'd for it anyways.

Possible features that might/might not return and what could be in Halo XB1. Not a wishlist.

• Campaign Theater mode: Not returning. Xbone has a built-in capture recorder.
• Spartan Ops: Not locked behind a paywall. Firefight mission in each chapter per episode. No recycled maps.
No more pushing BUTTONS!
• Invasion! Mixed with Extraction and Dominion.

Can't think of anymore atm but yeah…

Oh shit Halo 4's To Galaxy in Glacius's theme (5:03).

EDIT:

It's the entire song hahah - I knew when I first heard it, it sound familiar :b

Holy hell, that's like note-for-note. Want another weird one?

Halo 4's Mantis is ripping off Metroid Prime Hunters' opening cinematic track, which in turn is ripping off the Halo 2 grav lift sound effect.

Maybe both being 1st party Microsoft titles they didn't mind them doing the riff as a shout-out (Glacius is an alien, after all).

Fuchsdh

What exactly do people enjoy with VIP that they don't have? The only real differences with Regicide are traits around the VIP and checkpoints depending on the mode.

What exactly do people enjoy with VIP that they don't have? The only real differences with Regicide are traits around the VIP and checkpoints depending on the mode.

that's what I basically love, it's not regicide. Regicide scoring system doesn't make sense at all.

It's also quite easier to port than other gametypes. I had to create 30 custom icons for the Headhunter variant lol

Holy hell, that's like note-for-note. Want another weird one?

Halo 4's Mantis is ripping off Metroid Prime Hunters' opening cinematic track, which in turn is ripping off the Halo 2 grav lift sound effect.

Maybe both being 1st party Microsoft titles they didn't mind them doing the riff as a shout-out (Glacius is an alien, after all).

Glacius is an alien. He has Elite armor for accessories. He's badass.

Glacius will be in Halo 5.

VIP comes first ;p

Offensive.

Top Bottom