• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

You know, I doubt they'll do it for gameplay / identification purposes, but I'd love for them to drop the typical color palette we currently have on the Spartans in favor of a paint style closer to GTAV's vehicles. Players could start out with matte or a general metallic and then slowly unlock pearlescent items and additional colors, with the "original" colors available in matte and a mild gloss. You could alternate mattes and glosses per primary, secondary and armor detail, too, so you could probably make an Xbox One Spartan with primary black matte / secondary black gloss / detail red bright green.

That's a way to keep in progression-based unlocks while still not locking away legacy features, right?

You have to admit a Spartan decked out in glossy white and metallic candy red and a black visor would be some cool shit.

Good lord, I hope 343 dont follow GoW Jugment's armor colors some of the palletes are really silly

Guys, the dream is alive again. ;~;

jkixZ4EOlDzeG.png

My worst fear is gone, I didn't lose any of the content I had. Thank you Microsoft for the backward compatibility.

343N

Neo Member

belushy

Banned
I'd be all for a F2P(free with gold sub*) Halo game. Call it "Halo: Arena" and give us real Halo MP (Halo CE/Halo 2)-esque gameplay. With ranks, a shit ton of maps (some originals and some remakes), spec. mode, and all that nice stuff. Armor skins, weapon skins, emblems, and pre-match/post-match poses as cosmetic and completely optional micro-transactions. Available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

Then they can do whatever they want with the MP in Halo 5.

Trust me, I know this would split the community like crazy. Mainly just a pipe dream of mine at this point.

Nebula

I'm sure I've heard talk of a Halo: Arena game before. Avatar items coming back? See Speedy, you might not have gained a free game for being loyal but you go avatars back!

Booties

Banned
Honestly, I'd rather just use my xbox for playing games, not watching other people play them. I usually use twitch for when I can't play myself, or on my coffee table while I play something myself.

Omni

Saw an Xbox One today and used the controller for a little bit. System is damn ugly in person. Maybe it'll look better in someone's entertainment unit.... But by itself? Worse than the original (it was jarring at first. PR shots look much better)

Plus I don't like the new sticks on the controller. Too loose, IMO.

Madness

Honestly, I'd rather just use my xbox for playing games, not watching other people play them. I usually use twitch for when I can't play myself, or on my coffee table while I play something myself.

But wasn't the feature meant to supplement Twitch? Meaning like no more need for capture setups, and people could supposedly view twitch streams instantly on their consoles with the snap and instant switching stuff.

gAg CruSh3r

I'd be all for a F2P(free with gold sub*) Halo game. Call it "Halo: Arena" and give us real Halo MP (Halo CE/Halo 2)-esque gameplay. With ranks, a shit ton of maps (some originals and some remakes), spec. mode, and all that nice stuff. Armor skins, weapon skins, emblems, and pre-match/post-match poses as cosmetic and completely optional micro-transactions. Available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

Trust me, I know this would split the community like crazy. Mainly just a pipe dream of mine at this point.

I'm cool with this. I'm sure this would be a big system seller.

IHaveIce

Banned

I've made a post how Halo's rlease schedule and formular should change to be once again a big thing.

I'll look it up after work

Booties

Banned
But wasn't the feature meant to supplement Twitch? Meaning like no more need for capture setups, and people could supposedly view twitch streams instantly on their consoles with the snap and instant switching stuff.

The easier streaming is a definite loss for a lot of people, I forgot about that.

Booshka

Microsoft working on free-to-play AAA game based on "successful" IP.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mi...aaa-game-based-on-successful-ip/1100-6416192/
Halo, anybody?

OH BOY
Microsoft promises core first-party games coming to PC

http://www.shacknews.com/article/81897/microsoft-promises-more-core-games-coming-to-pc-than-past

I'll believe it when I see it, they still want those games exclusive to sell consoles. If true though, PS4 and PC will be the way to go. It would be nice to play Dead Rising 3 at 60 FPS and higher resolution on PC.

belushy

Banned
I'm sure I've heard talk of a Halo: Arena game before. Avatar items coming back? See Speedy, you might not have gained a free game for being loyal but you go avatars back!

Yeah, I used the name Halo Arena because I've also heard it before. Might have actually been a poster here who used it when I was still lurking the site. I just don't see a better name for it. Kind of captures everything that the game would be about.

edit: Though I'd also want a fire fight mode.

edit2: It'd also have weekly challenges and tournaments, which are broadcasted over XBL on the dashboard all the time.

I'll believe it when I see it, they still want those games exclusive to sell consoles. If true though, PS4 and PC will be the way to go. It would be nice to play Dead Rising 3 at 60 FPS and higher resolution on PC.

You'll get Halo 4 PC a year after Halo 5 releases on the One.

Fuchsdh

You'll get Halo 4 PC a year after Halo 5 releases on the One.
Honestly it makes sense to me that you would release the Halo game on PC with all the DLC and an editing kit shortly before the next game comes out on Xbox. I doubt we are going to see anything like simultaneous releases.

Excellent.

Anyway, I see you playing a lot of Batman, are you moving on to Origins next?
Indeed. I've pretty much asked for a shitload of games for Christmas, but I can imagine that Origins will be the first on the list. I was actually toying with getting it for PS3 and ordering the dualshock4 controller to play it. we shall see.

It's a zoo out there.

joo aint lyin breh

2v2 Dammy TS
Make sure to pay attention to Top screen for the last minute or so.

Finally got the chance to watch this and :'[

3 years. 3 damn years of playing this game nonstop and not a single release after came close to replicating that level of FUN in the shootbang aspect of Halo. There's magic waiting to be recaptured, but does 343 have any empty bottles?

mkeDKLc.jpg

Why yes, yes it can.

Top Bottom