• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

juices has been banned for a while. wonder how long.

image.php

GreyWind

Can someone please help me out. My Xbox One is connected to my PC monitor via HDMI but the only problem is that I can't get any sound because my monitor doesn't have a headphone jack. I've never bought a gaming headset before, so I was wondering if anyone knew if they work with the Xbox One (just for the game sound). Also, any brand recommendations?

wwm0nkey

idk as much as I liked Halo 2 I got a 360 for ChromeHounds, Kameo, Perfect Dark and the idea of Halo 3, not just Halo 3. * ChromeHounds is still the best.

Killzone, Knack and Planetside 2 are what drove me to PS4 (Knack is fun dammit!)

Just me but one game just doesn't do it lol

willow ve

I don't think anyone is crazy enough to buy a $400 or $500 +tax system for only Halo....then again people did for KI so maybe there are.

*not dissing KI

The only reason I have a 360 is because I wanted a Halo box. I didn't buy a single other game for at least 9 months after I purchased my 360 and Halo 3 together. Now I'm hooked on other games, but without Halo there is little chance I would even have gotten into the Xbox ecosystem at all.

Power Slayer was an Action Sack gametype back in Halo Reach, now it returns with Halo 4's refined scored system on top and infinite customization options.

This Slayer gametype is designed to allow players to gain special traits based on the types of kills they perform. Currently there are traits for Basic Kill, Melee Kill, Assassination Kill and Headshot Kill. Each time you perform one of these kills you will gain the traits assigned to that kill for 10 seconds (you can change this value)..

Killing another player during this period will refresh your timer back to 10 seconds and extend your powers. You can also chain them together to gain multiple types of powers, so if you Melee Kill a player and then Headshot Kill a player before your timer runs out, you’ll gain the traits of both kill types.

You can toogle teams on and off to play it FFA style!

These are the default settings of my own, you CAN and SHOULD make ones of your own, to better reflect your preferences.

Normal Kill Traits: 110% speed.

Pummel Kill Traits: 90% damage multiplier, 110% damage resistance. 125% melee damage multiplier, damage increase aura + Normal Kill Traits.

Execution/Assassination Kill Traits: good camouflage on, radar range increase, assasination inmunity + Normal Kill Traits.

Headshot Kill Traits: 110% damage multiplier, infinite ammo + Normal Kill Traits.

Power Slayer Options:

- Powerup duration
- Kill bonus
- Death bonus
- Betrayal bonus
- Assist bonus
- Headshot kill bonus
- Pummel kill bonus
- Assassination kill bonus
- Revenge kill bonus
- Sticky kill bonus
- Vehicle kill bonus
- Splatter kill bonus

Download links:

Power Slayer 1.0:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/.../details/6a498efd-99ac-4656-98f4-70210bff416f

Madness

I don't blame all these people leaving 343.

I wouldn't want "tarnished Halo" on my resume

I think it's more, work on Halo 4, ship it and then update resume and look for work elsewhere because you have the experience under your belt as well as the talking points.

I imagine Naughty Dog must be a better studio to work at, rather than work for a Microsoft corporate studio.

It's a bit disheartening because it seems like a somewhat high turnover of people in key positions.

Hindle

Banned
Guys What are some of your thoughts about Corrine Yu leaving? In the thread, there's the usual doom and gloom bullshit etc.

Omni

I'm not seeing the big deal. Halo 4 was hardly a masterpiece.

Edit. Reading up on her credentials... if she was responsible for facial animation then maybe it's a bigger deal than I originally suspected. I'd imagine 343i has the tools there for Halo 5 by now anyway, right?

wwm0nkey

Guys What are some of your thoughts about Corrine Yu leaving? In the thread, there's the usual doom and gloom bullshit etc.
Yeah and you seemingly blaming her for linear Halo.

Good gain for ND and big loss for 343. This does not mean Halo 5 will suck or be less pretty than Halo 4 but she was a pretty significant member of 343 and she has so much attention on her for a reason, she's pretty damn talented.

Uncharted 4 will be pretty and probably have good physics and Halo 5 will still be 60fps and have dedicated servers. That is all anyone should take from this but its still a significant loss on 343 no matter how its spun.

Hindle

Banned
Yeah and you seemingly blaming her for linear Halo.

Good gain for ND and big loss for 343. This does not mean Halo 5 will suck or be less pretty than Halo 4 but she was a pretty significant member of 343 and she has so much attention on her for a reason, she's pretty damn talented.

Uncharted 4 will be pretty and probably have good physics and Halo 5 will still be 60fps and have dedicated servers. That is all anyone should take from this but its still a significant loss on 343 no matter how its spun.

I was misguided.

Let's hope her leaving gives MS the kick up the ass they badly need for this franchise.

wwm0nkey

I was misguided.

Let's hope her leaving gives MS the kick up the ass they badly need for this franchise.
I really think population and DLC sales with Halo 4 did that but big name talent like her leaving may just give them the extra kick.

While I do not own a Xbox One I still hope Halo 5 is good for those who do/will own one.

CyReN

Best of luck to Corrinne, ND is a great company that makes good games. Can't skip that up.

also what is up with these tweets

hhX7enq.png

Ohjp3jh.png

There's a sad irony.

m23

Corrine Yu going to Naughty Dog is a HUGE loss for 343 and Microsoft and a HUGE win for Sony and Naughty Dog. Whatever she does will be something special.

On another note, I'm loving my Xbox One. Voice recognition pretty much works as advertised for me, as long as you give the "correct" commands. Switching between different activities is so fast and easy, I love it. Forza 5 doesn't scream next gen to me visually, but man is it a step up in terms of physics and gameplay. I still have to try out KI, Ryse, BF4 and AC4.

If any of you guys are getting or have Xbox One, add me up, my gt is Munish Thiara.

Also got my copy of AC4 signed by Eric Baptizat :)

belushy

Banned
Yeah I've been spending my time between College Football, MLG (for the Halo teams), and playing the ESO beta.

Really happy for Primal. Sucks for Ogre not getting on a better Halo team for the event though. Actually seems like they are doing decent today. Hopefully they can get into Champ Losers.

Tons of people bought 360s for $400 to play Halo 3. So if Halo 5 is good I think they would do it again.

Halo 1 and 2 where brilliant games and everyone was looking forward to another Halo game.

Is anyone actually looking forward to Halo 5 seeing as though the last 2 halo games where subpar?

Im shocked to see that the PS4 is about 100 quid cheaper than the 360 in the UK. I doubt I will buy either but thats a big price difference.

power slayer

While you're making these, do you think there's any chance you could do a Team Hotshot 2.0? I always wanted to see a class-based variation of it. That is, you could use Legendary BRs as a base, but have three loadouts available:

POWER
HEALTH
SPEED

Power works the way it did in traditional Hotshot: Heat level 1 is upped attack and decreased speed and so on and so forth.
Health would be the same way, with a mix of shielding and shield recharge rate increased and lowering speed.
Speed would be a little different; Heat 1 would be 120% speed but 90% damage resistance / weapon damage, Heat 2 would be 150% but 80% damage resistance / weapon damage, etc.

Maybe you could even make it so that once a person's at max Heat (level 3), they'd get their respective powerup as an indicator (Damage Boost / OS / Speed Boost).

daedalius

Halo 1 and 2 where brilliant games and everyone was looking forward to another Halo game.

Is anyone actually looking forward to Halo 5 seeing as though the last 2 halo games where subpar?

Im shocked to see that the PS4 is about 100 quid cheaper than the 360 in the UK. I doubt I will buy either but thats a big price difference.

Very much looking forward to it

While you're making these, do you think there's any chance you could do a Team Hotshot 2.0? I always wanted to see a class-based variation of it. That is, you could use Legendary BRs as a base, but have three loadouts available:

POWER
HEALTH
SPEED

Power works the way it did in traditional Hotshot: Heat level 1 is upped attack and decreased speed and so on and so forth.
Health would be the same way, with a mix of shielding and shield recharge rate increased and lowering speed.
Speed would be a little different; Heat 1 would be 120% speed but 90% damage resistance / weapon damage, Heat 2 would be 150% but 80% damage resistance / weapon damage, etc.

Maybe you could even make it so that once a person's at max Heat (level 3), they'd get their respective powerup as an indicator (Damage Boost / OS / Speed Boost).

I think I have a crappy version of Hotshot already in my PC, will try to get it released first and then I'll cook something special for you.

wwm0nkey

Xbox Fitness.... Seriously Microsoft? What a waste of talent

MASSIVE waste of talent. What happened to Rare and recent departures over the years makes me think the Xbox division needs a reboot big time. Would benefit everyone really especially those who one the Xbox One.

MASSIVE waste of talent. What happened to Rare and recent departures over the years makes me think the Xbox division needs a reboot big time. Would benefit everyone really especially those who one the Xbox One.

Rare is working on an old ip i think, Phil Spencer was hinting this.

Trey

Xbox Fitness seems pretty cool and very few games like it are on the market. Especially considering how barren the developmental scene is on the Kinect.

But I guess anything that isn't a AAA title is a waste of time these days.

You know, by the time the next mainline Halo is out, Killzone ShadowFall will probably be mostly dead too. If Halo bombs, Activision's going to be in a pretty damn unique situation: they'll hold monopolies on both mainline, annualized shooters: Destiny and Call of Duty, both of which are multiplatform.

Destiny may not be a once-a-year deal, but if I'm remembering right the contract did have talks of "Comet" content packs that came out at a bi-annual rate in addition to a Destiny title every three years.

Me?
The only problem is the Xbone requirement...

Oh yeah I mean for me I would still be hyped, but its not exactly a system seller any more which is sort of my point.

Unlike with Halo 3, I do want Halo 5 but not enough to make it a strong reason.. certainly not my sole reason for a Xbox One.

You know, by the time the next mainline Halo is out, Killzone ShadowFall will probably be mostly dead too. If Halo bombs, Activision's going to be in a pretty damn unique situation: they'll hold monopolies on both mainline, annualized shooters: Destiny and Call of Duty, both of which are multiplatform.

Destiny may not be a once-a-year deal, but if I'm remembering right the contract did have talks of "Comet" content packs that came out at a bi-annual rate in addition to a Destiny title every three years.

I would argue that Destiny is not really aiming to be a competitive multiplayer fps, I hope to be proved wrong but I dont think Bungie has much interest there. Also I figure Titanfall will put up big competition.

Top Bottom