• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

If the thruster pack did not go third person when used and allows you to keep shooing you would have that idea working, but of course the thruster pack in MP is terrible and not very good anyway.

gAg CruSh3r

If the thruster pack did not go third person when used and allows you to keep shooing you would have that idea working, but of course the thruster pack in MP is terrible and not very good anyway.

It's a lot better then active camo and Jet pack that break the game. I feel like thruster pack promotes movement in the game instead of camping.

Fotos

RIP IN PEACE HALOCHARTS

I posted this a few weeks ago. They stopped keeping stats for players but they still do population. Look at the bottom of the picture.

It's the best AA in the game.

Jet pack is best
QCOX6Ps.png

Thruster is the least game breaking perk but the others all seem to work a lot better (for me)

FYC

Banned
Promethean Vision is absolutely terrible, as well. Easily as annoying as fighting a jetpack or camo user.

I agree. Sincerely hope these three are removed as starting perks one day... Not going to happen but I can dream. Wouldn't mind them so much if they were powerups on the map or something.

Havok

If your a good player you can easily kill a PV (Wall hacker) player. PV is not a big issue to me but it can use a good nerf to it.
It's not about direct kill/be killed power, it's omniscience at the press of a button. It's the power to stop a flag sneak with a single ping. It's the removal of any kind of actual awareness, team communication requirements, or predictive capability because you can see enemy movement and spawning with almost literally zero effort. The other awful abilities break a lot of the moment-to-moment action verb scenarios that Halo has. But at its core, I think PV is the ability that I find to be the most out of line with what Halo is because of how completely it destroys so many meta-level skills. At the very least, it's tied with camo for that spot as far as I'm concerned.

IHaveIce

Banned
343 = Hierarchs
me = Arbiter after Halo 2

my mark of shame will be the Halo 4 game that I still own. :-(
Lol very fitting.
I'm shocked how many people on the net defend this crap with the perks and say stuff like ' just let Halo 4 go, wait for 5' this what we see is a small indication which direction they also will go with Halo 5 if we don't complain early enough :/

But abilities/perks/mods/crap/codstuff behind paywalls is just dosgusting

Havok

But you have a big waypoint above your head when you have the flag.
I mean during the base assault to get the flag, not when you're returning to your base with flag in hand. Sorry if that wasn't totally clear before.

I don't know that I could count the number of times I've tried to sneak into a Solace or Adrift base to get the flag only to see a radar ping and hear that PV audio cue, realizing that my time has been completely wasted because somebody pressed a button and got X-ray vision.

Nowise10

I mean during the base assault to get the flag, not when you're returning to your base with flag in hand. Sorry if that wasn't totally clear before.

I don't know that I could count the number of times I've tried to sneak into a Solace or Adrift base to get the flag only to see a radar ping and hear that PV audio cue, realizing that my time has been completely wasted because somebody pressed a button and got X-ray vision.

But you can counter it with that armor mod that makes it so they cant see you

Obscured

I've run into this kind of thing several times as well, even in just slayer matches, trying to sneak around and flank a sniper or rocket guy and you almost get into place when you hear that damn ping. Typically I don't have much trouble with PV users, but when you hear that ping you just go into screw it mode and just rush in and hope to get lucky as opposed to feeling like a plan came together.

I don't even hate AAs, I do think they still need refinement and editing. I wouldn't be sad if they just drop them though either.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know this has been said a million times before, but having two Halo threads feels pretty pointless. The distinction between this thread and the Halo 4 OT is thin to the point of being meaningless.

I know this has been said a million times before, but having two Halo threads feels pretty pointless. The distinction between this thread and the Halo 4 OT is thin to the point of being meaningless.

Not only that, but the HaloGAF OT is pretty much dead. All the off-topic conversation's been sticking to blurbs in here or it's moved to HGS.

Gameplay-changing behavior to counteract gameplay-changing behavior is terrible in both concept and execution. An argument could be made that Bungie made Reach out of boredom of the same relative gameplay mechanics and wanted to twist the formula to shake things up. 343 chose the wrong ball to pick up and run with, and they now have more to prove to a large swath of the fanbase than before they released Halo 4. Best of luck to them.

Madness

Well that's the specific Halo 4 thread, and this is the general Halo thread. I think eventually, most discussion will move here, as opposed to the other thread.

But I also think the split just stopped it all in its tracks. Most just don't post anymore. I'm glad the one in off topic community has died off, was pointless anyway for a gaming community to be there.

All that does is make the outline blue instead of red, you can still be seen if you know what to look for I am sure, unless you only appear when on the motion tracker with that perk.

DeadNames

Banned
I never cared for giant bomb, but that is horrible. RIP.

-----

I dont mind microtransactions as long as theyre purely cosmetic. tbh putting perks behind a paywall is kind of gross

Omni

From the Jason Jones IGN interview thread:
It would be nice to see what he really thinks, but obviously we won't get that entirely. Expecting to see some generic statement about how 343i did a great job.

I would think that it is obvious what Bungie thinks of Halo 4 though. I mean, if they considered Halo Wars to be the whoring out of their franchise, imagine what they think of the mess that is Halo 4, the game that literally went off on a complete tangent from how Bungie would have done it.

DeadNames

Banned
It would be nice to see what he really thinks, but obviously we won't get that entirely. Expecting to see some generic statement about how 343i did a great job.

I would think that it is obvious what Bungie thinks of Halo 4 though. I mean, if they considered Halo Wars to be the whoring out of their franchise, imagine what they think of the mess that is Halo 4, the game that literally went off on a complete tangent from how Bungie would have done it.

to be completely honest, I really hope they tear halo 4 a new one. show 343 what the creators of halo think of the newest iteration.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
to be completely honest, I really hope they tear halo 4 a new one. show 343 what the creators of halo think of the newest iteration.

You have to remember, 4 is an iteration of Reach. A Bungie game. They can't "tear Halo 4 a new one" without slightly tearing themselves a new one. If Bungie had not introduced armor abilities, etc, we all might be talking about a vastly different Halo 4.

Both companies need to look at why the change was needed, and what aspects work and do not. 343 needs to reel in Halo 5 and make it more like classic Halo.

You're crazy, the Thurster Pack is amazing, it's just not overpowered. It's even better now that universal movement speed has been bumped up to 110%.

Gui_PT

So how many of you think 343 will remove all these bad elements(AA's, custom loadouts, perks, ordnance drops, etc...) for Halo 5?

Remove or at least have a decent classic playlist at launch with none of the elements mentioned.

DeadNames

Banned
You have to remember, 4 is an iteration of Reach. A Bungie game. They can't "tear Halo 4 a new one" without slightly tearing themselves a new one. If Bungie had not introduced armor abilities, etc, we all might be talking about a vastly different Halo 4.

Both companies need to look at why the change was needed, and what aspects work and do not. 343 needs to reel in Halo 5 and make it more like classic Halo.

While true, 343 took it to the next level (flinch, random ordnance, BS armor abilities [the ones in Reach were fairly balanced, save armor lock], and a space magicy campaign.

So how many of you think 343 will remove all these bad elements(AA's, custom loadouts, perks, ordnance drops, etc...) for Halo 5?

Remove or at least have a decent classic playlist at launch with none of the elements mentioned.

You'd have to be very naive to think that 343 would completely 180 their philosophies. MS did it however, so anything is possible.

IHaveIce

Banned

I would like to think that, but I know better.

Nebula

Yeah I didn't trust 343 with the franchise after Halo 4 was released, but now I see the road it's going down and it is a darker one than I first anticipated.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Who knows, shit. So many mixed signals from 343 over the past few months. I really have no clue what to expect from them anymore. But damn, their vision for Halo 4 was a disaster, and they need to do a total reverse course. I want to be convinced to buy Halo 5. It sucks to have so little faith in the franchise.

You're crazy, the Thurster Pack is amazing, it's just not overpowered. It's even better now that universal movement speed has been bumped up to 110%.
Yes. It is the greatest addition to the franchise, but I still would prefer the thruster pack of the previous build. Not sure about the changing perspective, I could live with both I guess.

Top Bottom