• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

Haha that cover is so damn goofy looking. Probably not final, I assume?

I think I'll probably end up just reading a summary of this one like I did with Silentium. Until I'm convinced to actually sick with the series going forward I just can't put that much time into any new fiction.

I like that the cover goes in a different direction, but at least from the small JPEG it looks like it could have done with some finessing. Still better than the other two K5 book covers IMO. Those were lousy, which I found odd because the Forerunner ones were so nice and the people doing the K5 covers are some of my favorite Halo artists. Oh well.

I would love for them to do rereleases at some point where they do proper (canon!) covers for all the books.

wwm0nkey

Haha that cover is so damn goofy looking. Probably not final, I assume?

I think I'll probably end up just reading a summary of this one like I did with Silentium. Until I'm convinced to actually sick with the series going forward I just can't put that much time into any new fiction.

Here is the summary

"Halsey is evil and bad and was totally a horrible person" repeated 1000000 times and then just sort of ends.

Maybe some repetitive name drops of the Didact to show he will be the villain again.

FyreWulff

My bike seat fell off and decided to take me with it earlier today, and now I'm stuck at home with a sprained wrist. I can't even play videogames, lol. So I'm spending the afternoon watching old Halo 3 MLG matches on Youtube.

Should have had the eject perk on, you would have been safely placed away from the bike's wreckage

HaloMortalDictata.jpg

Floods vs Zombies
guest star Dakota Fanning and some randoms ODST

Fuchsdh

Woulda like to been in the room when they named that one.

I've got it guys..."Mortal Dictata!"...ship it.

By that yardstick, "Cryptum", "Primordium" and "Silentium" were horrible names. Perish the thought we can have interesting names.

Your yardstick seems a foot or two short of a full measure.

Omni

Woulda like to been in the room when they named that one.

I've got it guys..."Mortal Dictata!"...ship it.

Wasn't "Mortal Dictata" introduced as a UNSC regulation that prohibits human cloning? Kinda makes sense to use it as the title. I mean, we all know the book is going to be bitching about Halsey and the children clones she made. I'm sure we'll see some crap about how she was unethical by cloning her own brain for Cortana too.

Ramirez

By that yardstick, "Cryptum", "Primordium" and "Silentium" were horrible names. Perish the thought we can have interesting names.

Yea, let's just use 343's yardstick for quality measures.

When I start up Stalker Industries it's all you bro.

Send me a check and I'm yours.

Nobody cares about this because it's fiction, but hey Tor announced the third book of the Kilo-Five Trilogy:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/07/the-halo-kilo-five-trilogy-will-conclude-this-january

I'm excited for it. Especially since it deals with the crime, Halsey did with the Spartan II project. Btw. Eric Nylund added the "Mortal Dictata" to the fiction and not 343i...

It seems like Tor Book will announce new books at SDCC if I read the last paragraph correctly. I hope it won't be just compilation or audio books of previous ones... I want new ones. Post Halo 4 books. New Forerunner books.

I read "Dictata" as "Dictator" in a weird accent.

Anyways, is that the Noble 6 helmet? Im interested to see where the story is heading, but I'm apprehensive knowing that many characters will be cannibalized by 343s new vision.

My bike seat fell off and decided to take me with it earlier today, and now I'm stuck at home with a sprained wrist. I can't even play videogames, lol. So I'm spending the afternoon watching old Halo 3 MLG matches on Youtube.

Just lube up the pipe where the bike seat goes, nut up and bike where you please. And prevent colon cancer!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

All those names are awesome. Mortal Dictata sounds like butchered grade school potty talk.

Idiot's Guide to Donging.

Located in the Casual section of your nonexistent local bookstore.

You have to move a piece of religious text to the Fiction section at your local Barnes and Noble, say "chum" 69 times and kill a baby by pouring soup on it. Then, and only then, will said religious text be altered by alchemy and transformed into The First Book of Mike Dongblain. Within is a voucher for free Doritos, campaign commentary by the Sudds, and details on how to camp effectively on every map.

Also keep an eye out for HALO: Asslands, HALO: Promethean Nights, and HALO: Repair Your Janus, all part of the Greg Twink Trilogy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really hope Legendary Slayer is good. Get rid of ordnance, armor abilities*, perks, and sprint and I will be fucking ecstatic. Flinch still sucks, but oh well, just take it out in Halo 5 and I'll forgive you.

You're so close to having the best Halo multplayer, 343.

* Thruster Pack can stay.

J10

Banned
Man, I really hope Legendary Slayer is good. Get rid of ordnance, armor abilities*, perks, and sprint and I will be fucking ecstatic. Flinch still sucks, but oh well, just take it out in Halo 5 and I'll forgive you.

You're so close to having the best Halo multplayer, 343.

* Thruster Pack can stay.

As far as I've seen there has been no mention of what Legendary Slayer actually is. Why are people anticipating it exactly?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I've seen there has been no mention of what Legendary Slayer actually is. Why are people anticipating it exactly?
I recall some vague talk of 343 aiming for "classic Halo" with Legendary Slayer. I might just be making that up, though.

AvalonX

Neo Member
I really thought they were going to make a push to go back to Halo's roots, then more perks. I just don't get their target demographic for this shit. A guy can eject out of a vehicle now? I mean WTF.

Hello HaloGaf

-X

Halsey Crimes discussed in another Travis Halo Novel? Ingenious. Not.

The only time I will actually find that topic any bit interesting if data files, terminals, whatever form in text, audio, or video is shown within a video game or animated & live action media.

Builds more interactions and mystery rather on paper. Uncover the SII program deeper.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After watching Tashi's stream a little, I find myself thinking about how great Halo 4's core gameplay is, and how it's so close yet so far away from being the best Halo multiplayer. And that makes me think "Hey, maybe 343 isn't such a lost cause after all. Maybe they'll figure it out and blow our minds with the next Halo."

What the hell is wrong with me.

Halo makes me depressed.

*drinks her alcohol*
Pretty much.

TheOddOne

After watching Tashi's stream a little, I find myself thinking about how great Halo 4's core gameplay is, and how it's so close yet so far away from being the best Halo multiplayer. And that makes me think "Hey, maybe 343 isn't such a lost cause after all. Maybe they'll figure it out and blow our minds with the next Halo."

What the hell is wrong with me.
EVERYTHING.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Maybe Bungie will stealth release a Halo game on some shitty web game site. Make it a flash game, no one will notice.

Top Bottom