• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Omni

Legendary Slayer is a myth.
I'm almost entirely certain that even 343i has no idea what it is at this point. They're probably thinking if they throw the name around a bit, it'll soften the blow of other spotty decisions like adding more perks.

"Guyz guyz. Legendairy slayerz where all da kewl kids go. we gotz ya classic halo bro just u w8. dis is it bra...

just giv us a few weeks k"

Nobody cares about this because it's fiction, but hey Tor announced the third book of the Kilo-Five Trilogy:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/07/the-halo-kilo-five-trilogy-will-conclude-this-january

I'm excited for it. Especially since it deals with the crime, Halsey did with the Spartan II project. Btw. Eric Nylund added the "Mortal Dictata" to the fiction and not 343i...

It seems like Tor Book will announce new books at SDCC if I read the last paragraph correctly. I hope it won't be just compilation or audio books of previous ones... I want new ones. Post Halo 4 books. New Forerunner books.

I used to love the fiction but Karen traviss seems intent on trampling all over it.

Btw nylund did make up mortal dictata but didn't really flesh it out beyond stating it was a law - I wouldn't really be excited that they are using his fiction because so far the other stuff he added to the fiction got bent out of shape.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Good to know.

I've played Reach a bunch though.

It doesn't help. It just makes me think "wow Halo 4 is making me play Reach again."

If you can get a group of gaffers together for customs, the game can still be good. There's a lot of modded gametypes that emulate classic Halo pretty well.

But yeah matchmaking itself is really rough. Especially when playing by yourself. I will say it's a lot better than it was at launch. Probably somewhere between vanilla and TU Reach in terms of quality.

If you can get a group of gaffers together for customs, the game can still be good. There's a lot of modded gametypes that emulate classic Halo pretty well.

But yeah matchmaking itself is really rough. Especially when playing by yourself. I will say it's a lot better than it was at launch. Probably somewhere between vanilla and TU Reach in terms of quality.

I still gotta fix the xbox first. Stupid disc reader.

heckfu

Banned
Did anyone else get the Xbox Live update today? I don't know when it went live as I've been at work all day, but everything is in local currency now and IT LOOK LONG ENOUGH RIGHT.

Sorry if it's old news.

Did anyone else get the Xbox Live update today? I don't know when it went live as I've been at work all day, but everything is in local currency now and IT LOOK LONG ENOUGH RIGHT.

Sorry if it's old news.

Old news and NDA's

Highlight color in the guide is different

How many people here still regularly play Halo 4?

I'm sure it's no revelation but I still play for an hour or two 3 or 4 nights a week. CTF and BTB skirmish are holding my friends and I interest still.

I really need to go finish Max Payne 3 though. I got stuck with almost zero ammo in a terrible save point and 4 sessions later I still can't wing it past that point to progress. I really like the game too and loved the first two games.

Also need to do my stealth hardcore run through Deus Ex:HR as well. Oh and want to get a stick and play SFIV, is it any good? Keep in mind I played the arse out of arcade SFII and turbo.

Nebula

I'm playing Halo 4. Friend called in a promise I made to him when I told him I was going to sell my disc. We're going through the Campaign on Legendary now. I might finally get that achievement for completing it Co-Op on heroic or harder. Yay gamerscore.

Atsumi

I had a dream last night that 343 was having me demo a new race game type, but it was like... spartans running around a track.

Fuchsdh

I had a dream last night that 343 was having me demo a new race game type, but it was like... spartans running around a track.

Halo: Marathon Man Mode

How many people here still regularly play Halo 4?
I will be getting back into it once I power through more of The Orange Box and finish Fable III. I hate having too many incomplete games on my list. 100% or bust.

gAg CruSh3r

Still haven't played 4 since Christmas >_>.

You're not missing much.

Good to know.

I've played Reach a bunch though.

It doesn't help. It just makes me think "wow Halo 4 is making me play Reach again."

Lies! It's so much better! 343i has done so many updates to the game and playlist management is so much better as well. The weapon update is the best thing that has been put into Halo 4! That 4sk BR is a beautiful thing. It feels like Halo 2/3 all over again. Lets just say it's a lot better now then Christmas 2012... Don't feed people false information.

Wow. So I just had the damn privilege of listening to the Halo Legends soundtrack for the first time last night before going to bed and it was incredible. Get that team working on the next game. Beautifully done work.

I really loved the slight extra flavour to a lot of the tracks I know and love, and the more Asian sounding section around Arbiter was pretty out there for Halo, but mesmerizing and beautiful, nonetheless. Halo definitely needs more Sanghelios. Seriously, this album deserves to be up there with the others, I would even say its better than Halo 4's. How did I miss this for so long? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0tAkyD8vw

Shadders

Wow. So I just had the damn privilege of listening to the Halo Legends soundtrack for the first time last night before going to bed and it was incredible. Get that team working on the next game. Beautifully done work.

I really loved the slight extra flavour to a lot of the tracks I know and love, and the more Asian sounding section around Arbiter was pretty out there for Halo, but mesmerizing and beautiful, nonetheless. Halo definitely needs more Sanghelios. Seriously, this album deserves to be up there with the others, I would even say its better than Halo 4's. How did I miss this for so long? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0tAkyD8vw

I agree, I didn't even know it was out until a year after it was released, but it really is great, I think the variety makes it a better listen than the other Halo albums. Putting it on now.

I agree, I didn't even know it was out until a year after it was released, but it really is great, I think the variety makes it a better listen than the other Halo albums. Putting it on now.

Yeah that must be it, its like a Halo songs 'all stars' collection, remastered, with some extra takes and spins. I seriously loved it.

Omni

Lies! It's so much better! 343i has done so many updates to the game and playlist management is so much better as well. The weapon update is the best thing that has been put into Halo 4! That 4sk BR is a beautiful thing. It feels like Halo 2/3 all over again. Lets just say it's a lot better now then Christmas 2012... Don't feed people false information.
Yeah. Things like camo sniping and jet packing aren't even a problem anymore. And 343i certainly aren't adding more unbalanced perks to the mix in the next couple of weeks.

It's like the greatest game ever. Yeah, I'll go there, it's better than Halo 2 and 3! All the people who left don't know what they're missing.

Defect

No, the game still sucks.

Yeah, the Legends soundtrack is one of the best things to come from that project.
I still watch Tashi's Anniversary trailer because of the music choice, fits so well.

Yeah. Things like camo sniping and jet packing aren't even a problem anymore. And 343i certainly aren't adding more unbalanced perks to the mix in the next couple of weeks.

It's like the greatest game ever. Yeah, I'll go there, it's better than Halo 2 and 3! All the people who left don't know what they're missing.

You have to admit it is better than it was at launch due to the new playlists and tweaks. The higher availability of gametypes without personal ordnance and custom loadouts are godsends.

Great, thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Zazpm.gif

Omni

You have to admit it is better than it was at launch due to the new playlists and tweaks. The higher availability of gametypes without personal ordnance and custom loadouts are godsends.
This is true. Game has improved quite a lot since release... but still. The fundamental 'problems' are still there. I'd argue that if someone didn't like the game at Christmas 2012, they aren't going to like it any more now.

Defect

This is true. Game has improved quite a lot since release... but still. The fundamental 'problems' are still there. I'd argue that if someone didn't like the game at Christmas 2012, they aren't going to like it any more now.
This. It is no where near on par with Halo 2/3. The maps are still mediocre (except for a few forge ones), AA's still exist, sprint, too many OHK weapons. It's just a clusterfuck and now they are adding more unbalanced perks.

Top Bottom