• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Booshka

omg LOL my friends actually think all the Halos are the same.

top lel.

I actually don't fault people for thinking this. As an outsider that has never or barely plays Halo, I could see them all looking and playing the same.

Sadly for insane motherfuckers like myself, there is a world of difference between Halo CE and Halo 4.

DeadNames

Banned
I actually don't fault people for thinking this. As an outsider that has never or barely plays Halo, I could see them all looking and playing the same.

Sadly for insane motherfuckers like myself, there is a world of difference between Halo CE and Halo 4.

I dunno bro. Watching Halo CE and Halo 4 is completely different.

Blueblur1

They're adding perks? Wow, its like they've learned nothing. I guess they don't care about us. They just care about the casual audience that will theoretically bring in more dollars. Its a shame.

Blueblur1

I don't even know if that casual audience is there still.

Personally, I think there different kinds of casuals. You have your absolute casuals that were gone right after launch and there are habitual casual players who'll keep playing Halo 4 despite not being very good at it. Those are the kind of folks that probably can't tell one Halo game from another and load it up every other day. There's a gradient for sure.

I'd say most of the people that are still playing Halo 4 are part of that habitual casual player audience.

Personally, I think there different kinds of casuals. You have your absolute casuals that were gone right after launch and there are habitual casual players who'll keep playing Halo 4 despite not being very good at it. Those are the kind of folks that probably can't tell one Halo game from another and load it up every other day. There's a gradient for sure.

I'd say most of the people that are still playing Halo 4 are part of that habitual casual player audience.

I'd say most of us just need that Halo fix every now and then. I hop on either when mah dude MonGo's wants to get on or if I need that quick Spartan sexy fix, nahh meannn

Fix my fix, 343.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Are you kidding me

From the Halo bulletin:

At PAX East, we announced that we were working on a new playlist named Legendary Slayer. After much iteration, discussion and playtesting, we’re excited to announce that it is (almost!) here and (almost!) ready for your enjoyment. Legendary Slayer is a variant that focuses on basic gameplay with only one loadout, on-map weapons and motion tracker enabled. Here are the key settings:
4 vs. 4 Slayer
Default starting weapon (Assault Rifle)
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)
The singular loadout is:
Starting weapon: Assault Rifle
Secondary weapon: None
Armor ability: None
Grenades: Frag x2
Support upgrade: Explosives
Tactical package: Resupply

AR Starts

TheOddOne

Sup' guys. Going to a rap battle in the evening #popping #fortheloveofthegame.

jhUCRPPItyCt4.png
jQsJl8vB0QjQD.png
jhUCRPPItyCt4.png
jQsJl8vB0QjQD.png

jhUCRPPItyCt4.png
jQsJl8vB0QjQD.png
jhUCRPPItyCt4.png
jQsJl8vB0QjQD.png

jhUCRPPItyCt4.png
jQsJl8vB0QjQD.png
jhUCRPPItyCt4.png
jQsJl8vB0QjQD.png

Are you kidding me

From the Halo bulletin:

At PAX East, we announced that we were working on a new playlist named Legendary Slayer. After much iteration, discussion and playtesting, we’re excited to announce that it is (almost!) here and (almost!) ready for your enjoyment. Legendary Slayer is a variant that focuses on basic gameplay with only one loadout, on-map weapons and motion tracker enabled. Here are the key settings:
4 vs. 4 Slayer
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)
The singular loadout is:

AR Starts

Why am I hyped up for Halo 5 again... this is seriously their trump card... a hardly edited gametype is the trump card they've been touting for months... :/

Booshka

Are you kidding me

From the Halo bulletin:

4 vs. 4 Slayer
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
The singular loadout is:

AR Starts
dead, fucking dead and having my body cleared so I cant be resurrected.

amazing

J10

Banned
Are you kidding me

From the Halo bulletin:

4 vs. 4 Slayer
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
The singular loadout is:

AR Starts

This is what HaloGAF has been waiting for?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Booshka

This really is like the Twilight Zone for Halo, so fucking clueless.

I actually love it though, like a bad soap opera.

kinda like Halo 4's story.

AvalonX

Neo Member
I don't understand. LS is basically throwdown with AR starts and radar? Aren't AR starts like the most dreaded thing in Halo 3?

Blueblur1

Wow @ Recharge. With the introduction of Recharge they're pretty much communicating that they don't care about the imbalance armor abilities cause. And Legendary Slayer's AR starts is amusing. Two steps forward, three steps back. Sigh.

I don't understand. LS is basically throwdown with AR starts and radar? Aren't AR starts like the most dreaded thing in Halo 3?

I'm actually interested in Halo 4's AR starts considering it should play MUCH better than other Halo games (excluding H1 obviously). Strange how you don't spawn with a Magnum though..

Nowise10

Oops I actually just noticed the resistance tactical package only comes if you buy the championship pack, and you cant buy it solo

So you need to spend $10 in order to be better then the other player

Sai-kun

Banned
ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries ar no secondaries

Nm8AD.gif
x forever

marina save me

Madness

As bad as it sounds. I'd prefer legendary Slayer to anything Infinity or some of the other playlists.

Eh, wouldn't mind having it. Played a lot of AR starts on Pit on Halo 3... Flinch and sprint kill it though.

Edit: a lot of great suggestions in the Halo 5 wishlist thread too.

IHaveIce

Banned
So it is social slayer out of Halo 3... well while I despise AR starts... this sounds better than Infinity or anything else... but why no BR starts :(.

Booshka

343 spends months trying to figure out essentially Social Team Slayer from Halo 3.

Well, with all the people at 343 that hate Halo, I'm sure designing Legendary Slayer was a time intensive, brain-melting task for them. Must have been hours and hours of arguing and toiling over the settings, people screaming, "How could anyone like this shit?"

DeadNames

Banned
Well, with all the people at 343 that hate Halo, I'm sure designing Legendary Slayer was a time intensive, brain-melting task for them. Must have been hours and hours of arguing and toiling over the settings, people screaming, "How could anyone like this shit?"

Needs more aiming down sights and attack helicopters.

orznge

Banned

maybe we could raise like $1,000,000 on kickstarter as an offering for them to provide a 240p stream of a vhs copy of whatever they're working on next time

zap

343 adds AR starts no secondary, adds another perk and charges for Armour?

They really don't get it do they :(

Top Bottom