• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Homeboyd

dAtcCfH.gif
This is mankind's greatest achievement. I can't stop watching it.

Just had a game where one guy in legendary had nothing but sniper and dmr, had 2.5 the kills of everyone else, oh yeah this was on Abandon :/

PISTOL SECONDARY PLEASE 343

Should have posted in the halo 4 thread, seems kind of weird having two halo threads.

Anyone want to buy my Reach statue for a paltry $499.99? It will come in the Legendary box and, what the hell, I'll even throw in Halo 4 for free.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone want to buy my Reach statue for a paltry $499.99? It will come in the Legendary box and, what the hell, I'll even throw in Halo 4 for free.

The Reach statue is the only Halo Legendary thing I don't have out. It's just so massive and not as cool as the cat helmet.

I think helmets should be the Legendary edition from now on. I'd love an ODST helmet.

willow ve

oh my god I had no idea

EDIT: People are whining about Legendary Slayer? I guess I'll jump on and see what all the commotion is about.
It's an odd duck. No ordnance, pure arena style play, but then AR starts and some questionable weapon choices. A little map maintenance and BR starts would greatly improve the list.

m23

Useless, the single player content is almost none existent. Grab MK9 its got a lot of SP content.

Single player won't really matter to me as I'll probably just use it to learn how it works. I have a few friends who own the game, I just don't want to go into a very advanced fighting game and get destroyed every time.

Thanks for the advice.

I think helmets should be the Legendary edition from now on. I'd love an ODST helmet.
I was going to say that Halo should have paired up with WETA to make helmets, but it looks like I am really late to the party:

halohelmetcqbblrgueqzk.jpg

Would have much rather had something like that over the Reach statue. I have a few of the LOTR helmets and they're very awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was going to say that Halo should have paired up with WETA to make helmets, but it looks like I am really late to the party:

halohelmetcqbblrgueqzk.jpg

Would have much rather had something like that over the Reach statue. I have a few of the LOTR helmets and they're very awesome.

Yeah, as much as people make fun of the Halo 3 Chief helmet I love it. I'd rather have replica helmets than statues any day.

What was the cat helmet made out of? If the WETA Halo helmets are anything like the LOTR helmets, they're made of metal. Plus they're smaller than the cat helmet; more like a ferret helmet.

IHaveIce

Banned
So what ever happened to that person who won that Halo F150 a couple months back? Did he get his truck?
That Person.
Yes Strongside got it and I think he almost immediately painted it black or so lol. At least I heard it as a rumour

EDit: also Munish if you don't to get destroyed then UMvsC is maybe wrong lol.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What was the cat helmet made out of? If the WETA Halo helmets are anything like the LOTR helmets, they're made of metal. Plus they're smaller than the cat helmet; more like a ferret helmet.

Just plastic, but it looks cool. Those WETA ones are tiny, that thing is only 7" tall apparently (with the stand).

Hey 343, how about a LEGENDARY EDITION for Halo One?

Oh wait, first make gud game.

Also both of these things. I want a great Halo 5, and a Legendary edition with the new Chief helmet to sit along-side my Halo 3 Chief helmet.

Fuchsdh

Just plastic, but it looks cool. Those WETA ones are tiny, that thing is only 7" tall apparently (with the stand).

Also both of these things. I want a great Halo 5, and a Legendary edition with the new Chief helmet to sit along-side my Halo 3 Chief helmet.

Fine by me. I know there are lots of collectibles guys out there but I just see that stuff as taking up precious room.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Fine by me. I know there are lots of collectibles guys out there but I just see that stuff as taking up precious room.

I don't display much as far as game stuff goes. I have a few Halo items out and some stuff from my time with THQ/Saints Row, etc. So a new Halo 5 helmet to go with the Halo 3 one wouldn't be bad.

Fuchsdh

I don't display much as far as game stuff goes. I have a few Halo items out and some stuff from my time with THQ/Saints Row, etc. So a new Halo 5 helmet to go with the Halo 3 one wouldn't be bad.
I've got a wooden energy sword someone got me as a gift from a ren faire, a Portal 2 turret (again a gift) and my dinosaurs, stuffed animals, and fossils from when I was a kid. Don't need any more crap, as cool as some of it is :)

Gui_PT

I remember you mentioning you'd give it to me because it was just sitting in a corner

I remember.

Yes I do.

Tawpgun

Use the new and improved TU maps that have static weapons.

Put the pistol in the ar starts gametype.

Make a BR pistol starts gametype and put it in the playlist.

Why is this so difficult.

Gui_PT

A vague promise made over the internet is more important than health

Some people just don't have their priorities set appropriately

Shadders

The cat helmet was plastic, it looked the part, but was a bit creaky to touch.

The WETA ones were metal and not fully hollowed out, they're smaller than the cat helmet too, I think they're 1:4 scale. I have the CQB one pictured above.

Are the Kilo-Five books any good? I really enjoyed Ghosts of Onyx, and I understand that they are a sequel of sorts, right?

Thursday war take most of the novel on the elite's planet which is kinda boring but it refills you with some interesting facts about the covenant after Halo 3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624256

A bunch of games up for sale on XBL. I'm not really a fighting game player, how would Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 be for me? I did play the old one back on Dreamcast though.

Great if you have an arcade stick, prepare to be owned by a army of dantes and dooms

Did I do something wrong for assasinated someone?

That last CTF was somewhat frustrating, I swear they were shooting faster than me.

No nothing wrong at all. At one point in that laggy CTF game I saw you start to assassinate a guy, then he got up off the ground and moved away from you and jumped, then you jumped and hit him and his body disappeared. Good times! Gingerly host is the worst host.

Sai-kun

Banned
Wait! That weren't the first words I said to you. And we didn't meet while you were waiting in line with Ghaleon! ;p

I meant the Lars from Bungie!!! >:| But I don't remember your first words to me :( im sry bb

Heckfu and Sai were the first two I met. Take that however you want to.

:p They were both awesome.

gay and gayer

bet u can't guess which one's which

i can confirm that we are both awesome, too

edit: stop quoting the snake game aahhhh i have to watch it every time

AvalonX

Neo Member
You know, after playing Legendary Slayer I was thinking maybe 343 needs another playlist. They should just throw everything in there. All Perks, All AA's all at once and everyone start out with Rockets and Saws. They could liter the maps with nothing but power weapons and call it Cluster Fuck Slayer. At least they would get it out of their system.

Booties

Banned
Legendary might be really, really good with BR starts and ARs on map. Too bad. The 20k play base just have another reason to stop playing.

Top Bottom