• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

If/when Spartan Assault comes to xbox live, then I'll take a look.

On the subject of firefight, how about a flood bonus round where the bodies of all the enemies you just killed in a round are reanimated into carrier and combat forms? that would be neat.

This is something I wanted in Reach. You know those pods that dropped down in Halo 3, with multiple Flood forms in them, on The Covenant and Halo missions? I was hoping to see them drop down in certain game types as a hazard, similar to drop pods. And re-animate Brutes, Elites, etc. Especially in boss waves, you'd get some serious three way battles erupting. I wish Flood was in Reach for that reason alone.
Flood mode would be great, especially boss rounds. You'd have to kill all the Flood first, otherwise you'd get Boss Flood, which would be horrifying. Dare to dream.

Just give us a separate Firefight mode to download and update the maps and gametypes regularly. I'd play that constantly.

G17

Ridiculous that a mobile game already charges $7 and locks most items behind a paywall.

I'll get it if they release a version without microtransactions.

willow ve

If/when Spartan Assault comes to xbox live, then I'll take a look.

Flood mode would be great, especially boss rounds. You'd have to kill all the Flood first, otherwise you'd get Boss Flood, which would be horrifying. Dare to dream.

Just give us a separate Firefight mode to download and update the maps and gametypes regularly. I'd play that constantly.

That's my guess as well given the optimization that would be involved for the 360.

And Flood in Firefight would definitely be awesome, along with the return of pvp firefight scenarios.
Flood in firefight would be awesome. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed firefight until it was removed from the game.

On the other end, I couldn't even be bothered to download the second half of Sparty Ops.

On the other end, I couldn't even be bothered to download the second half of Sparty Ops.
It's a little better than the first half, but not by much. Playing with people is still laggy as hell, and playing solo above Normal is just self-flagellation. The enemy encounters aren't much better, mainly because the AI is either laser-focused on you or completely oblivious to you. The maps and locations are WAY better, but factoring in the above existing problems nets you about the same experience as the first half of the season.

I think the microtransactions are blown out of proportion I watched Foxtrot for an hour or so last night and he seemed fine just using AR pistol and other weapons he picks off the covenant.

I just hate the exclusivity of phones and OS's cause I'd actually like to purchase it but have no means unless I were to spend more on a new phone and that would require switching carriers or switching to W8 which looks like 86 dollars on amazon. Neither are options which I am going to do.

BULLSHIT. Serious bullshit. Its not making me purchase an OS its simply making me pissed off.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, the whole crazy exclusivity of this game is fucked. Exclusive to windows 8, exclusive to windows phone, exclusive to Verizon for a while. I'm pretty sure it will come to iOS, XBLA (on the One), and other platforms in the future. Not sure why they didn't do it right away though.

I can't imagine any game would make people buy Windows phones or run out for Windows 8. You buy new hardware because of other reasons, same with OS'.

Bought the DVD release of Forward unto Dawn today as I left work, not seen it since the youtube weekly releases and I honestly don't trust that halo 4 CE code I have to last forever, so disc based it is.

Also has a nice reflective sleeve.

Fuchsdh

Bought the DVD release of Forward unto Dawn today as I left work, not seen it since the youtube weekly releases and I honestly don't trust that halo 4 CE code I have to last forever, so disc based it is.

Is the code with the LE for the extended cut? Still haven't dusted mine off but some version of it is on Netflix.

willow ve

Should have gone Blu Ray

It really was a fun miniseries. Wish it was longer.

willow ve

sai alt confirmed?
I really don't understand the dislike for the series. I guess the argument could be made that dollars toward the series was dollars lost on development, but I'm not buying that.

Overall the production value was pretty solid and I actually cared about the characters. I enjoyed it more than a lot of movies I've seen lately.

Yeah, the whole crazy exclusivity of this game is fucked. Exclusive to windows 8, exclusive to windows phone, exclusive to Verizon for a while. I'm pretty sure it will come to iOS, XBLA (on the One), and other platforms in the future. Not sure why they didn't do it right away though.

I can't imagine any game would make people buy Windows phones or run out for Windows 8. You buy new hardware because of other reasons, same with OS'.

What I don't understand is they call it a "twin-stick" shooter, but there aren't any sticks, and controller support is being patched in the Windows 8 version post-release. Someone in the Gaming OT posted an xpadder configuration if you want to use a controller now. Why was controller support decided on so late in the game? I'm assuming it was an issue with certification, because actually building controller support shouldn't be very complicated or time-consuming, but that would mean it was something they decided on later in the development cycle. Why? Was the Windows 8 app not originally planned for simultaneous release?

J10

Banned
I really don't understand the dislike for the series. I guess the argument could be made that dollars toward the series was dollars lost on development, but I'm not buying that.

Overall the production value was pretty solid and I actually cared about the characters. I enjoyed it more than a lot of movies I've seen lately.

Eh. They spent a hundred million and the game was still crap. Another ten million would have only resulted in them shipping it with Martyrdom. Blessings counted.

4NpKIgg.png

What I don't understand is they call it a "twin-stick" shooter, but there aren't any sticks, and controller support is being patched in the Windows 8 version post-release. Someone in the Gaming OT posted an xpadder configuration if you want to use a controller now. Why was controller support decided on so late in the game? I'm assuming it was an issue with certification, because actually building controller support shouldn't be very complicated or time-consuming, but that would mean it was something they decided on later in the development cycle. Why? Was the Windows 8 app not originally planned for simultaneous release?

What else would you call it? It's a genre that has actually had a fair amount of success on touch (although I'm not sure why).

What else would you call it? It's a genre that has actually had a fair amount of success on touch (although I'm not sure why).

Touch-emulated "twin-stick" shooter? Sounds shitty, but that's what it is. My point is more about the fact that it could be a twin-stick shooter on Windows 8 if it had launched with the controller support that is supposedly coming.

I'm going to start the game tonight using xpadder. Should be good.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Played three more Spartan Assault missions. I like it quite a bit. Now if I could just figure out an easy way to capture footage of it in 1080p. Hmm.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Download Open Broadcast Software and have Twitch record it. 1080p but lower bitrate.

Can I then upload to youtube in 1080p? I tried using MS Expression Encoder but it looked bad.

EDIT: If I wait until I'm home I can use my Roxio Game Capture HD setup and just run through HDMI I guess.

Well Microsoft will soon be restructuring so lets hope some good comes from that. Lets just not get another Don as the Xbox lead :/

I mean isn't this literally or at least part of Frankie's job as franchise director to protect Halo from bullshit?

Can I then upload to youtube in 1080p? I tried using MS Expression Encoder but it looked bad.

EDIT: If I wait until I'm home I can use my Roxio Game Capture HD setup and just run through HDMI I guess.

Yea I believe you can link a Youtube account and upload recorded Twitch gameplay to it. Its in options somewhere I've done it. Unless they've removed it.

wwm0nkey

I mean isn't this literally or at least part of Frankie's job as franchise director to protect Halo from bullshit?

Say if you did get a job at 343 in the save Halo Department and Steve Ballmer says you either add some BS or he will replace you or any other horrible thing under the sun, you are going to listen to him regardless of how you feel.

Frank has some pull I suppose but he would have a lot more if he was head of the Xbox division or something.

Well Microsoft will soon be restructuring so lets hope some good comes from that. Lets just not get another Don as the Xbox lead :/

Wait, where is Microsoft Studios in the reorg?

As for SA, the fact that it's not available on iOS, Android, Xbox, etc is likely just development priorities and they wanted to get those to the platforms they did first.

The Verizon exclusive thing for U.S. phones is just some straight up horseshit though.

nillapuddin

When I first started the game a pop up said something about Halo 4 and rocket launcher/spartan laser. In the first mission I was able to unlock those right away for my weapon. No idea, the whole unlock system is weird.

interesting,

Also, aren't there supposed to be Halo 4 cosmetics tied to this thing?
Or am I misremembering?

Say if you did get a job at 343 in the save Halo Department and Steve Ballmer says you either add some BS or he will replace you or any other horrible thing under the sun, you are going to listen to him regardless of how you feel.

Frank has some pull I suppose but he would have a lot more if he was head of the Xbox division or something.

I'd fight and fight every bad decision.

Yo Pistola is so good.

Should have gone Blu Ray

It really was a fun miniseries. Wish it was longer.

No blu copy at my work right now, also have no blu player :p I should get with the times I know but my room tv has a dvd player built into the side of it and it looks great still.

Is the code with the LE for the extended cut? Still haven't dusted mine off but some version of it is on Netflix.

No idea, the dvd copy says 80 minutes long for the main feature.

The CE code just unlocks it in waypoint right? that is tripe to me.

Wait, where is Microsoft Studios in the reorg?

As for SA, the fact that it's not available on iOS, Android, Xbox, etc is likely just development priorities and they wanted to get those to the platforms they did first.

The Verizon exclusive thing for U.S. phones is just some straight up horseshit though.
They're part of the "hardware" group under Julie Larson-Green, along with Surface etc I believe.

I believe the OS is under the OS group though.

wwm0nkey

I'd fight and fight every bad decision.

Yo Pistola is so good.

Don't doubt you would, but they would just replace you or keep pressuring.

Even though I am sure all of us have a clear cut vision for what Halo should be it doesn't matter because we don't have millions of dollars and it wont matter until either Microsoft Studios leadership gets a drastic change or we stop buying the games.

Also Focus Groups needs to burn in hell for all eternity and it should stop being used because its a fucking AWFUL system. Even though I know a lot of people don't like the Nostalgia Critic character he hit the nail on the head when it came to Focus Groups (it can be easily related to Halo 4)

Remember at a point Halo 4 was a traditional Halo title and the Microsoft heads just said "This just looks like Halo".

Yea you wouldnt actually say it like that lol. You'd just have to do well explaining to them WHY you cant do what they want.
They probably have a profit/budget goal they want to meet for this fiscal year. Beyond that is a lesser concern, so they're not ultimately listening to feedback they're getting / choosing to act on it.

What's everyone doing as far as the hotel situation goes for PAX Prime? I'm trying to start looking all the price stuff up and I was wondering if anyone wanted to split a hotel room. I'm a crazy heavy sleeper so I can always just take the floor instead of a bed if you want to save some money on room size.

Top Bottom