• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

They probably have a profit/budget goal they want to meet for this fiscal year. Beyond that is a lesser concern, so they're not ultimately listening to feedback they're getting / choosing to act on it.

So explain to them its better more people play the game because you can make more through DLC and create a tourney system to gain money. Capture money somehow in a way that enhances the game not fucking destroys it.

They are money people you can explain in money terms.

Pistola didnt even have to try against Legit lol. What a boring 1v1. Skyline is a terrible map.

No SPD lol why?

IHaveIce

Banned
So explain to them its better more people play the game because you can make more through DLC and create a tourney system to gain money. Capture money somehow in a way that enhances the game not fucking destroys it.

Pistola didnt even have to try against Legit lol. What a boring 1v1. Skyline is a terrible map.

No SPD lol why?

Legit is also really good, but seriously what a terrible 1v1 set up... Concussion rifle with max ammo....

No SPD lol why?
Haha this guy next to me (or who was next to me) looks just like yo and is your age it looks. The Halo Iphone cover is what really made me curious. Sorry. :p

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok those mixed teams in All Star style could be more interesting than the main event because of no UBER team like Ambush.

Ola to team with Sudd 2 lololol

Booshka

Haha this guy next to me (or who was next to me) looks just like yo and is your age it looks. The Halo Iphone cover is what really made me curious. Sorry. :p

images

I thought we were talking about Spartan Assault.

I'll go back to my Erdinger.

Nah its cool I was talking about Halo in general. Halo, Halo Xbox One, Halo 5, Halo Spartan Assault, Halo 4.

All Halo needs to tighten up and stop pulling so much gimmicky childish babylike shit.

Its embarrassing and almost nobody takes the name Halo serious anymore because of it.

Nah its cool I was talking about Halo in general. Halo, Halo Xbox One, Halo 5, Halo Spartan Assault, Halo 4.

All Halo needs to tighten up and stop pulling so much gi.micky childish babylike shit.

Its embarrassing and almost nobody takes the name Halo serious anymore because of it.
I ultimately agree, but don't want to go into it right now. It's a minefield.
Is the panel worth watching? I mean anything in terms of Halo 4 improvements?
Haven't gotten to anything 4 released, but so far - it is cool to hear from the actual main devs of Spartan Assault.

And yet:
"People really like Sarah Palmer"

I'm sure they do. On the other hand... NOPE.
Sorry Brian Reed, no thanks.

Frankie's looking good, seems to have lost some weight. Comic talk (more Palmer ...).

No one talked about this, but Halo will get a on-going comic! It is not the Sarah Palmer comic. That one will start next month till October. 3 issues. Then it is over. Escalation is going to deal with the Arbiter.

Haven't gotten to anything 4 released, but so far - it is cool to hear from the actual main devs of Spartan Assault.

And yet:

Frankie's looking good, seems to have lost some weight. Comic talk (more Palmer ...).
There are several twitter-people who really like Palmer. Crazy.

No one talked about this, but Halo will get a on-going comic! It is not the Sarah Palmer comic.

There are several twitter-people who really like Palmer. Crazy.
I think it was mentioned actually. It caused me to become confused during the panel as I didn't hear them mentioning it.
all eggheads.
Certainly one word for 'em.

The Q&A was actually one of the more honest ones I've seen, but perhaps that says more about the other Q&As.
Although they could really have thrown that Assault platforms question guy a bone, especially if controller support is only [I don't want to imply that I don't think it should be day one on PC, but anyway] a month away.

I think it was mentioned actually. It caused me to become confused during the panel as I didn't hear them mentioning it.

The Q&A was actually one of the more honest ones I've seen, but perhaps that says more about the other Q&As.
Although they could really have thrown that Assault platforms question guy a bone, especially if controller support is only [I don't want to imply that I don't think it should be day one on PC, but anyway] a month away.
Frankie will talk more about the comic at DarkHorse's "Art Of Videogame" panel.

btw. Schlerf will write Escalation and not Brian Reed. Who is Schlerf and who is Brian Reed? Schlerf is lead writer at 343i and Halo 4's story. And Brian Reed is the guy behind Spartan Ops if I recall correctly.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

agreed on question quality. Often wonder if a full hour of JUST q&a would work. With some entertainment thrown in for variety. As for the platform question - my answer was true but mangled by not knowing the exact controller update date.

willow ve

And yet:

Does not compute. Is it just because she's a female spartan?

agreed on question quality. Often wonder if a full hour of JUST q&a would work. With some entertainment thrown in for variety. As for the platform question - my answer was true but mangled by not knowing the exact controller update date.
There's definetely potential there, but I guess that might work more as a side thing. Would need to be at a HaloFest 2.0 or something closer to a specific community event for it to fit the "acceptable" mold. Setting the expectation of it at least.

The platform question... I don't want to seem like dick here.. but it felt like you implied more changes to the game than I'm expecting to see when this patch launches in a month. But that may be what you meant by the mangling.

Stinkles

There's definetely potential there, but I guess that might work more as a side thing. Would need to be at a HaloFest 2.0 or something closer to a specific community event for it to fit the "acceptable" mold. Setting the expectation of it at least.

The platform question... I don't want to seem like dick here.. but it felt like you implied more changes to the game than I'm expecting to see when this patch launches in a month. But that may be what you meant by the mangling.

nah - controller patch is awesome and definitely suits me - plays precisely as you would imagine - point was if we ever made the game for console it could be considerably changed to suit that platform with more focus on console controls and ecosystems Make sense?

dumbest example - you could simply have more buttons.

Stinkles

What's everyone doing as far as the hotel situation goes for PAX Prime? I'm trying to start looking all the price stuff up and I was wondering if anyone wanted to split a hotel room. I'm a crazy heavy sleeper so I can always just take the floor instead of a bed if you want to save some money on room size.

airport area hotels are cheap, with train to downtown. You could also try airb&b to rent an apartment or home.

nah - controller patch is awesome and definitely suits me - plays precisely as you would imagine - point was if we ever made the game for console it could be considerably changed to suit that platform with more focus on console controls and ecosystems Make sense?

you could simply have more buttons

more buttons

yTuHBk2.gif

But this controller patch wouldn't include that?
And the ecosystems point surely somewhat applies to the regular Windows 8 version on some level?

[At the very least the second question is somewhat rhetorical, because what can you really say]
Sarah Palmer is being pushed a bit too much... for my liking.
Of the ways to attempt to get to people to like her, that's not how I'd like them to do it. Especially since it's paid content.
But clearly people already do like her. *cough*

airport area hotels are cheap, with train to downtown. You could also try airb&b to rent an apartment or home.
yeah. But I won't recommend them to be honest. It is pretty exhausting to take the train back to airport etc. Waking up early. Walking through the convention center.

Overdoziz

Banned
"We went and played a lot of stuff in Halo Reach, we captured footage. And this is actually something you can do yourself as well. We captured the footage and in the Theater mode we played back the footage and what we did with the camera was we pulled it back all the way to the top at slightly off angle of 88, 87 degrees and that gave us the exact perspective for this game."

Thought this was an interesting quote.

In my eyes, what made Sargent Johnson so good was that he was just a regular top end marine, he had seen war time and was no super smart super being, just a human, he was also a bit of a different tone to cortana and chief, slightly light hearted.

Palmer to me is Shadow the Hedgehog, but more forced because she was not in a good game to start off with.

Omni

I finished Spartan Assault today (missions are like 3 mins each). I feel dirty. There's so much Sarah Palmer slurping that it's sickening. Like every cutscene "Sarah Palmer is so great! She's so heroic!". Rest of the story was forgettable... but that's expected given what it is.

I'd give it... 5 years before we have a fully fledged Sarah Palmer Halo game. Probably even replacing MC as the "hero" of the series. You don't invest that much money fleshing out a singular character's background for nothing.

0027_ilg7.gif

oh, and someone mixed up the Engineer sound effect with the Drones. So when you're shooting Drones, all you can hear is that peculiar squeaking noise Enginners make. Hah

Fuchsdh

But this controller patch wouldn't include that?
And the ecosystems point surely somewhat applies to the regular Windows 8 version on some level?

[At the very least the second question is somewhat rhetorical, because what can you really say]

Of the ways to attempt to get to people to like her, that's not how I'd like them to do it. Especially since it's paid content.
But clearly people already do like her. *cough*

I'm always down for any comic with any character, Palmer or whoever. Characters aren't bad, writing is. Would have been nice for Palmer to get a better introduction than telling us the same objectives, but such is life.

Speaking of characters, though, nice to hear 343 is providing some updates on the Arbiter. I know there are lots of people who want to see more of that part of the universe.

Madness

Agreed... Ditch Palmer. You guys tried your best, fans didn't like her, no need to keep forcing it. Usually fans take to new characters right away or they despise them.

If it's because she's female and you want to show a strong woman counterpart to Chief, come up with a new character or some older female Spartan-II who shows Palmer what real Spartans are like.

Was any Pitfall gameplay shown?

I finished Spartan Assault today (missions are like 3 mins each). I feel dirty. There's so much Sarah Palmer slurping that it's sickening. Like every cutscene "Sarah Palmer is so great! She's so heroic!". Rest of the story was forgettable... but that's expected given what it is.

I'd give it... 5 years before we have a fully fledged Sarah Palmer Halo game. Probably even replacing MC as the "hero" of the series. You don't invest that much money fleshing out a singular character's background for nothing.

oh, and someone mixed up the Engineer sound effect with the Drones. So when you're shooting Drones, all you can hear is that peculiar squeaking noise Enginners make. Hah

Oh you can finish the game without paying for "extra" credits?

So, what kind of Halo 4 DLC gives you in the end?

Ramirez

3 active OS, a damage boost sniper, and speed boost flag carrier, Halo in 2013.

And remove Abandon from multi flag for fucks sake. Give one team a base, and the other team gets a wide open field with a hill above it, common fucking sense!!!!

Shadders

I can't find any of the DLC stuff for SA on the UK store and when I press the button in game I get an error. So I've no idea how much anything costs..

Pretty happy with the game though, plays well, certainly looks and sounds like Halo. I'm playing M&K and I think it will be a much smoother game with a 360 pad so looking forward to that update.

I do dislike all this microtransaction stuff though, I'd much rather have an option to just pay more up front and then get everything.

I'm always down for any comic with any character, Palmer or whoever. Characters aren't bad, writing is. Would have been nice for Palmer to get a better introduction than telling us the same objectives, but such is life.

Speaking of characters, though, nice to hear 343 is providing some updates on the Arbiter. I know there are lots of people who want to see more of that part of the universe.

Can't wait to see the Arbiter in 343 art style being given plasma katanas and a whole bunch of rubber forehead alien female Elite concubines.

0027_ilg7.gif

I watched the first three mission opening cutscenes (I'm chapter 3 now) and there is not any Palmer slurping. Or I would not call it slurping...

Madness

What's the length of the campaign in the game? Meaning how quickly can you beat it? I know it's a mobile game so it's probably short, but how short are we talking about here?

Agreed... Ditch Palmer. You guys tried your best, fans didn't like her, no need to keep forcing it. Usually fans take to new characters right away or they despise them.

If it's because she's female and you want to show a strong woman counterpart to Chief, come up with a new character or some older female Spartan-II who shows Palmer what real Spartans are like.
This^ 9/10 first impressions are everything.
Spartan Ops only made her character worse.

Also I found this interesting easter egg and had no idea until now:
"John. Our Mother Neeeeeds Us!"

Omni

Can't wait to see the Arbiter in 343 art style being given plasma katanas and a whole bunch of rubber forehead alien female Elite concubines.

*snip*

wot

I watched the first three mission opening cutscenes (I'm chapter 3 now) and there is not any Palmer slurping. Or I would not call it slurping...
Haha, I was exaggerating just a bit. But that's the overall tone I got from it.

This is the most sane thing you've said as of late.

Top Bottom